Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We should've held out for a guy like Vince Young

IrepDC

I think we are fine with Campbell.

Vince is the best college player now. But that doesn't always translate to success in the NFL. Texas run a spread option offence, no one runs the option in the NFL, I think young is great, I don't think he will dominate the pros though.

Kiper on Young:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insider/columns/story?id=2281507

Could Vince Young go No. 1?

By Mel Kiper Jr.

Special to ESPN Insider

How much attention do scouts give to a single-game performance, like what Vince Young did in the Rose Bowl?

Last night was huge. I spoke to some NFL people after the game and they were excited. Vince Young was the difference maker. He was Texas' Superman, he was extraordinary. And he did it against a USC team that was trying to do something unprecedented and win three straight national championships. Young was the main reason Texas won that football game. They were down by 12 points and he made all the plays.

To do what he did in a pressure-packed situation gives Young all the momentum going into the (draft) process.

Can Young's stock be any higher than it is right now?

His stock cannot be any higher right now. Remember, he can't go to an all-star game because juniors can't play in them. Young doesn't have to work out at the combine. He can show up for the medical and interviews, but doesn't have to throw the ball. He can wait until an individual workout and throw. You may only see one day of Vince Young workouts between now and April 29. He did enough on the field in the Rose Bowl to say, "You saw me, now make the decision as to whether I am good enough."

Right now Vince Young is flying as high as high as any prospect I can remember at this stage of the process, outside of maybe John Elway.

There is one thing he will not be able to do in the NFL. He will not have the run yards he has achieved in college. Look at Vick. Everyone thought he would reinvent the qb position, and look where he is now. Sitting home at 8-8. How many qb's in college look great, just to turn out to be a dud?? Does Heath ring a bell?? Jason Campbell will be our qb for the future. He has the talent, and physical abilities to be great as well.

Being from Austin, I have been watching Vince Young play for a while and he is the best player I have ever seen play the game. He will be a MEGASTAR in the NFL! I was at the game last night and my friend said it was over when USC went up by 12 with 6 minutes to go and he was ready to leave. I told him that it will be over when Vince decides its over and not until then. That's the kind of player he is. He makes all defenses look like they just cant play. He even made the Ohio State LBs look slow and inept. He will dominate in the NFL and any team who passes on him will regret it for 8-10 years.

Archived