Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SPRINGS okay to go...Fox-5!

WilberMarshall

I thought the MRI results had already come back negative, but that still didn't change his status for the game. Maybe I'm wrong....I've been known to be....From time to time.

exactly what i was thinking. a severe strain can still keep him out.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=14334

-- SPRINGS UPDATE

Despite a strained groin injury, cornerback Shawn Springs has not been ruled out of Saturday's Wild Card game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, team officials said on Tuesday.

Trainers and team doctors reviewed Springs' MRI on Tuesday and found no tear or sports hernia evident.

Springs' status, as of Tuesday afternoon, was day to day. The team will release an official injury report on Wednesday afternoon, and at that time, Springs' official status for the game will be known.

Springs will continue to undergo treatment for the injury in the next couple of days and the team will evaluate his status on a day-by-day basis.

Springs re-aggravated the injury during last Sunday's 31-20 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.

I hope Springs's injury is not bad enough that he can't play against the Bucs. His talent is valuable to the defense. If Fox 5 news confirmed that his injury is only a strain then he can probably play on Saturday. Of course he'll probably need a few days more rest before gameday. Gary Clark used to go all week without practice because of some nagging injury and then play spectular on Sundays. I hope Springs can do the same. If not, hopefully Blance and Williams will have him line up on the slot receiver and play it safe. I have confidence in our other corners also.

I hope he suits up in case things start getting hairy out there, but the less he plays the better if we are up by a lot early...

I see us needing Springs for the long haul, and I also see us beating Tampa w/o his help if necessary.

Rogers is gonna be back, Harris is gonna be fine, Taylor will be there, Clark will be there, Jimoh is not as bad as he has been percieved in here and he will be playing too.

The secondary is in better shape than it was earlier in the year when Springs was questionable or doubtful also.

Springs not having a tear was a great bit of news, but maybe only great for week 2 of the playoffs if we can get there

Archived