Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scary Brunell

supersmartbrunell5

OK, I'm going to have to agree. I'm apprehensive about Brunell. I mean, he never looks confident in anything he does...it's more a look of relief on his face when he succeeds. The limited time that Ramsey has been out there, he at least looks confident (except for those back to back TO's, that was just horrible).

Now don't get me wrong, his numbers this year are great and we would probably not be in the playoffs without him. I just don't want to see Joe and Mark's mutual connection with God manifest into poor decision making on the football field.

Go Skins.

I agree with you. We are winning despite Mark Brunell. That bomb to Moss was under thrown and he came back on it, and that is why it was caught. Those throws to Cooley just sailed over his head, and that is why Cooley was soooo frustrated I think. And he missed some way open guy's even when the protection was good with the O line. i just think with the D of the Buc's all jazzed up and intense that can lead to some INT's.

I will definitely be the first to say, we have some problems at QB with Mark and his sailing throws. That is what a message board is all about so don't freak out. The fact that Eli looks so shi**ty, and Simm's is a rookie ( who doesn't look bad by the way), is only a consolation. I think Tiki for the Gints and CP for the Skin's can only take us so far. Just my observation of the game on Sunday. If you recall Simm's shredded our secondary in the first meeting and frankly speaking Michael McMahon did the same thing Sunday. Glad they took his ass out.

I have been saying for weeks his hamstring and or knee is an issue. Yes he ran for the first down in Filthy Philly land but it was a hobbled looking run and I for one was praying no one would hit him.

Wow, you think I'm a troll because I pose interesting dialogue that isn't extremely supportive of the status quo? And no, I don't want Brunell throwing it 50 times a game to put up those numbers, I fully understand the style we want to play, and I thought that Mark would be the perfect game manager. He is having a pretty good season, but he did have an uncanny ability this year to fumble the ball every time he was sacked especially in our own or inside the opponent's 20 yard line, and fumbles don't show up on the stat sheet. But when he has a sorry game against the rams, 0tds and 3 ints vs. the lowly cardinals, followed by game managing the cowboys game and giants, then 9-25 against the eagles with balls hitting receivers feet, then yes I am skeptical. I hope he plays well, despite what you think I don't hate him, but I root for the team and not one player and feel like we have a golden opportunity here. The reason I even have a disdain for the guy is because last year he couldn't even complete a 3 yard screen pass and had no business staying in until week 8. I haven't missed a game since I was 6 years old and have been to numerous games and 3 training camps for the whole week so don't question my loyalty just because I want to discuss a pretty fair topic.

pat yourself on the back all you want your first post was far from "interesting dialogue" this post actually makes more sense. your worries are based on the first half of the season for the most part. we havent even given up many sacks at in the last 8 games. you have disdain for a guy due to last season yet he is the guy that led us to where we are THE PLAYOFFS, that makes absolutely no sense. your own argument cancels itself out. while you look at the completion ratio against the iggles and use it against Mark i look at the 8 yard run by an aging and bruised QB to basically seal the game for us with a crucial first down. HE FINDS WAYS TO HELP THE TEAM AND WIN.

i for one am not going to start doubting the guy like i, we all, did last year. he has earned our trust. if the moment comes for him to come out i trust in Gibbs, not you, to decide when.

Say what you want about the guy but for now he is the answer. Lets play steve spurrier here and make a QB change and start Ramsey Sunday, then at halftime we can go to Campbell, would that make you all happy????? Then Brunell can come in in the 4th Qtr. Well pass 75% and run 25%. That right there my friends is how to beat the bucks right????

Come on man, the guy got us to the playoffs what the hell are you all even talking about this for now? I for one am to excited to finally be back in the playoffs to be questioning the leader of our offense.

he has earned our trust. if the moment comes for him to come out i trust in Gibbs, not you, to decide when.

Ha, Ha, Gibbs wouldn't take him out last year when he was TERRIBLE all year(8+ games). Do you really think he will take him out now(if he is hurting the team) that he took us to the playoffs and had a career year? I wish I had your faith brother! :laugh:

note: I don't want Brunell out. This is just a question(what if?).

everyone has been a little frightened by one thing or another this year. i mentioned his post count because it happened to coincide with negative comments of brunell, timely posting of these last comments and weak argument of why he is the "worst QB in the playoff". nothing to do with just the amount of posts. if you look at all those things simply from his initial post he sounds like a troll.

What the hell is a troll anyways? Do you really think I like some other team and waste my time all day on here making logical, not derogatory comments about one player on a 53 man team? McCarthyism on a redskins message board what the hell? Calm down buddy, I love the redskins, I hope I eat my words in a month from now, I was just worried and hoped to get a few different perspectives. Hope you dont wiretap my phone and park outside my house in a white "leo's plumbing" van for a week and take me down if I question anything esle about the team.

Brunell might have gone 9 of 25 against the Eagles, but he avoided stupid mistakes that KILL you in the playoffs.

I'm with Gibbs at this point -- you'd rather have an experienced QB in the playoffs than a young hotshot. Experience trumps talent in the playoffs.

Eli in NY. Simms in Tampa. I'd be more worried about them.

Well I'll say he looked absolutely horrible, and I'm a huge Brunell supporter.

If he floats passes high the way he did in Philly, the Bucs will capitalize.

Take a look at some of those incompletions again. They were not pretty.

He thought the alternative was worse. That was the only reason Brunell stayed in as long as he did, even with a bad hamstring injury.

I know this. That is what scares me. How in the world could Gibbs think Brunell(last season) was a better option that Ramsey. It's not like we were winning games :laugh: .

I'm not a "Ramsey guy" I'm a "Redskins guy". I could care less who starts. Brunell is the obvious choice right now. If Brunell is hurt, then Ramsey is the obvious choice right now. I hate to say it but Brunell's performance against the Eagles could very well lose the game for us against the Bucs. He needs to get comfotable again. :2cents:

Your either a troll that has been kicked off of this site before[12 posts]

or your a Ramsey lover that didnt want to see this team succeed for your self fullfilling prophecy.

I don't understand the whole thing about posts? I have a job and friends. When something awesome happens, for instance Greg Williams 3 year deal, I call friends and family I don't get on here and write "yay, greg williams re-signed" When I have a controversial opinion that I want to get different point of views about I try to post something. I don't have 1000 posts because occasionally at work I have to actually do work. I don't love Ramsey, I don't love Brunell. I love the team, the coach and the tradition.

I don't understand the whole thing about posts? I have a job and friends. When something awesome happens, for instance Greg Williams 3 year deal, I call friends and family I don't get on here and write "yay, greg williams re-signed" When I have a controversial opinion that I want to get different point of views about I try to post something. I don't have 1000 posts because occasionally at work I have to actually do work. I don't love Ramsey, I don't love Brunell. I love the team, the coach and the tradition.

It's kind of taboo right now to post anything questioning Mark Brunell. Reality would tell us he had a subpar game with the required few plays to pull it out, and that your concerns are legitimate. But some people are of the personality type that they cannot both see reason and discuss possibility without losing their hope. You'll have to excuse them.

I'll say that I agree with you. Brunell does scare me for the exact reason that he's not 100% healthy. However, that doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for the upcoming game one bit(as I think we can get by Tampa Bay even with a hobbled Brunell), and I'm not sure why everyone is crucifying you. :laugh:

Brunell's only real problem is tunnel-vision. He seems to focus in on a certain part of the field or a certain receiver and doesn't see other receivers wide open. I have seen him throw the ball away many times on third and long when we had wide-open receivers he wasn't looking at.

I also think he tends to roll out too much. The pocket has been holding up and he should try to stay there more often.

He doesn't take chances and never throws into double or triple coverage. Sure this costs us some gains, but we also don't give up interceptions.

Man, he can sure throw that deep ball though. That last one to Santana off a bad shoulder and a gimpy leg was a thing of beauty.

Anyway, although he lacks field vision, he finds a way to win, provides good leadership and doesn't throw picks. He is not a "great" quarterback, but then again, a great QB is not required in a balanced attack like ours.

Tom Brady isn't a great QB with flashy skills, he just wins. Flashy QB's, like PM for instance tend to try to win the whole thing themselves in big games and end up throwing multiple picks.

Remember, this team has outscored our opponents by 73 points in the last 5 games. Hard to b*** too much about the General running that offense.

Ha, Ha, Gibbs wouldn't take him out last year when he was TERRIBLE all year(8+ games). Do you really think he will take him out now(if he is hurting the team) that he took us to the playoffs and had a career year? I wish I had your faith brother! :laugh:

note: I don't want Brunell out. This is just a question(what if?).

well, when he hurt his leg in the biggest game of the year he came out. last year means less than nothing. we are IN the playoffs. partially due to Brunell. if he wont be up to par for the bucs game, mobile enough/able to plant his foot to throw, he wont play. yes i have that faith. Gibbs will put us in the best position to win.

What the hell is a troll anyways? Do you really think I like some other team and waste my time all day on here making logical, not derogatory comments about one player on a 53 man team? McCarthyism on a redskins message board what the hell? Calm down buddy, I love the redskins, I hope I eat my words in a month from now, I was just worried and hoped to get a few different perspectives. Hope you dont wiretap my phone and park outside my house in a white "leo's plumbing" van for a week and take me down if I question anything esle about the team.

you dont waste your time on here all day, that is obvious from your post count so spare me with that line of BS. and your initial post was not logical at all, that is why so many people jumped on you. because it was more derrogatory than logical. dont try to obscure the facts with your "mccarthyism" crap buddy. read your very first post in this thread. stop back peddaling.

It's kind of taboo right now to post anything questioning Mark Brunell. Reality would tell us he had a subpar game with the required few plays to pull it out, and that your concerns are legitimate. But some people are of the personality type that they cannot both see reason and discuss possibility without losing their hope. You'll have to excuse them.

I'll say that I agree with you. Brunell does scare me for the exact reason that he's not 100% healthy. However, that doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for the upcoming game one bit(as I think we can get by Tampa Bay even with a hobbled Brunell), and I'm not sure why everyone is crucifying you. :laugh:

i agree with you, he was just voicing his thoughts and for other people to comment on, and give their thoughts on it. but saying what he is saying is b.s. is beyond me... there are message boards for a reason, just because you dont agree doesnt mean its B.S. or not a legitamate point.

phewww.

OMG!!! I can't TAKE this anymore. We're in the friggin' playoffs and we STILL have to hear about how this guy sucks and that guy scares me. Listen...Brunell has A LOT to do with the Washington Redskins being in the playoffs this year...if you think otherwise...you are mistaken!

I think we have clear seen that Brunell is not the player he once was when he has injuries as evident last year. When he was been healthy this year he has been clutch. Lets hope his knee heals up real good for Saturday. Brunell knows what it takes to win and the old guy still has some scramble left in those old legs! Did you see the 3rd down scramble against philly to keep the chains moving?? He did it in dallas too.

Archived