Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scary Brunell

supersmartbrunell5

Experience over the physical ability to perform. That is what we currently have with Brunell. I agree though, he is struggling with his knee injury. Perhaps another week to recover will help.

I'm convinced the warmer weather in Tampa will help Mark and others keep looser than playing in this region. Assuming we win, the following weeks are another story, but he may feel better by then. :2cents:

Your assessment is inacurate. Brunell should have been in the pro-bowl. To say he is the worst quarterback in the playoffs is totally wrong. Brunell is the third highest passer in the NFC playoff bracket. Behind only Hasselback and Delhomme.

"Brunell has A LOT to do with the Washington Redskins being in the playoffs this year"

His fumbles contributed in a big way to some of the game we should have won.

If it was not for his fumbles we could have had a better record and won the division instead of playing the "All or nothing" game in Philly.

The thing with Mark is you take the good with the bad.

When he makes a mistake is is usually a critical one like his fumbling which he has got under control.

So then he hits a couple of bombs, scrambles for a first down and he redeemed.

The style of ball the Skins play on offense leaves very little room for error which is one reason why I think Joe never trusted Pat.

The heroics that Mark has pulled off, the bombs, scrambles for first downs are necessary because of the mistakes made by him and other offensive players that dug the Skins in a hole.

Sometimes the heroics are not enough, see Tampa and KC.

But he is the QB and we have to rally behind him even if some do care for his playing style.

It is a fit for this offensive scheme and thats why he is starting instead of Patrick.

That and he was paid a crap load of cash.

" If Brunell does not get er done, I have faith in Gibbs to put in Ramsey"

Only way PR gets on that field this weekend is if MB leaves it on a stretcher.

Mark deserves the start this weekend even Pat said it is his team.

Like him or not folks he is starting Saturday and hopefully Pat will not have to take the field.

Not that he cannot do it but because it will mean Mark has been decapiated or something.

Archived