Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scary Brunell

supersmartbrunell5

Look, I follow the skins as much as anyone on the planet, and am in such a paralyzed-with-happiness shock that we finally made the playoffs since the Brad Johnson era. By no means do I want to be negative---but I am scared to death of Mark Brunell. I think he is easily the worst qb in the playoffs and it sucks because I like the guy and am so grateful for where he has lead this team but since about week 5 I think we have won despite him instead of in spite of him. The O-line, D, Clinton, and Santana's screen prowess and deep ball adjustments have saved us. I will give him credit for some of the deep balls and occasional huge scramble on third down, but he just doesn't look like the same player since his gunslinging weeks against Denver, KC, and Tampa. I felt this way before the knee injury, but that definitely has made matters worse. I fear that Gibbs will ride him to defeat rather than make a change if he is killing us. Even vs. Dallas, his best game I have the game DVR'd and all he does is throw dump offs to Sellers, Cooley, and Royal, and screens to Moss. I don't necessarily sip the Ramsey Kool-AId but I think he would give us the best chance of winning. He isn't more turnover prone than Brunell when you tally up all the crushing fumbles and ints mark has thrown. Some may read this and dismiss it quickly like the mainstream media because of the big picture, but watch the games, analyze the tape and I think most, not all, will agree with me.

I think those two guys are capable of back-shuffling and throwing dump-offs just like Mark, but those two qbs can attack the middle of the field and make pro throws, Mark may be a better game manager because he doesn't take risks but he throws for 140 yards a game and that conservative approach made us need a kickoff return td against ARIZONA, and the 4th quarter vs. the Rams. I hope he starts playing like he did against Denver, KC, and Tampa but I'm fearful.

Look, I follow the skins as much as anyone on the planet, and am in such a paralyzed-with-happiness shock that we finally made the playoffs since the Brad Johnson era. By no means do I want to be negative---but I am scared to death of Mark Brunell. I think he is easily the worst qb in the playoffs and it sucks because I like the guy and am so grateful for where he has lead this team but since about week 5 I think we have won despite him instead of in spite of him. The O-line, D, Clinton, and Santana's screen prowess and deep ball adjustments have saved us. I will give him credit for some of the deep balls and occasional huge scramble on third down, but he just doesn't look like the same player since his gunslinging weeks against Denver, KC, and Tampa. I felt this way before the knee injury, but that definitely has made matters worse. I fear that Gibbs will ride him to defeat rather than make a change if he is killing us. Even vs. Dallas, his best game I have the game DVR'd and all he does is throw dump offs to Sellers, Cooley, and Royal, and screens to Moss. I don't necessarily sip the Ramsey Kool-AId but I think he would give us the best chance of winning. He isn't more turnover prone than Brunell when you tally up all the crushing fumbles and ints mark has thrown. Some may read this and dismiss it quickly like the mainstream media because of the big picture, but watch the games, analyze the tape and I think most, not all, will agree with me.

okay so your name is "supersmartbrunell" yey he is the guy that scares you. he is not the "gunslinger he was in against denver, kc and tampa" all games that we lost. you joined the board in sept 2005 and have a whopping 8 posts.

are you sure that you are a brunell fan? or do you just think he is smart in a school/book smart kinda way?

because most of what you say sounds wrong or fishy to me.

No way man.

Brunell is hot if he's healthy and we give him good protection.

If his knee isn't a factor, he's even a threat with the run.

However.......

If his knee is a problem, and he's not getting it done, then Ramsey must play.

You do whatchya gotta do to win in the playoffs!

In Gibbs we trust!

Hail!:point2sky

Almost every post you have made has something negatively to do with Mark Brunell. You'll forgive me if I don't have the same fears about him that you do.

Philly came to play Sunday. That's more than Dallas can say against the Rams, even though neither team had anything to play for. Talk about his bad moments all you like, but he is more than just serviceable, even at this point in his career. 23 TD's (career high) and 10 INT's make him far better than the "worst QB in the playoffs."

I just don't see where the "Scary Brunell" thing is coming on or how you think the teams is winning in spite of him. Makes no sense. :sucks: :bucsuck:

okay so your name is "supersmartbrunell" yey he is the guy that scares you. he is not the "gunslinger he was in against denver, kc and tampa" all games that we lost. you joined the board in sept 2005 and have a whopping 8 posts.

are you sure that you are a brunell fan? or do you just think he is smart in a school/book smart kinda way?

The name is a joke because in Gibbs' press conferences he always says Mark is "supersmart." How does it sound fishy if you actually watched those games. Here are his numbers, 56.6 comp %, 322 yards, 2tds 0ints, 61, 331 and 3tds 0ints, What does it matter how many posts I have? I don't post everytime a thought enters my head for fear that someone may waste their time reading it, like posts I read today talking about drafting Sinorice Moss in the 1st round when we don't have a 1st round pick.

You wanna find the scariest QB's in the playoffs you better look up towards NY or down towards Jax. Eli has been horrible in the second half of the season, looking like he did last year and Byron Leftwich has been out for over a month now all banged up. Those are the teams who need to be worried about their QBs, as well as Chicago. Not us, Brunell has proven all season long that he is a very solid starter who makes very good decisions under pressure, and now all of a sudden youre worried about him. Lets be worried about our beat up secondary and hope we get the starters in there that we need playing.

The name is a joke because in Gibbs' press conferences he always says Mark is "supersmart." How does it sound fishy if you actually watched those games. Here are his numbers, 56.6 comp %, 322 yards, 2tds 0ints, 61, 331 and 3tds 0ints, What does it matter how many posts I have? I don't post everytime a thought enters my head for fear that someone may waste their time reading it, like posts I read today talking about drafting Sinorice Moss in the 1st round when we don't have a 1st round pick.

because junior acheiver, this is not the time to start doubting/bashing your starting QB. i have ACTUALLY been to or watched every single game for years. now from your above quote do yuo notice a trend in Marks stats? 0 int's, get it? we play smashmouth football, Joe Gibbs football. ball control and clock management. one would think that someone the "follows the Redskins as much as anyone on the planet" would understand this and the ramifications this style has on the QB's stats. THAT is why you sound fishy to me.

you either do NOT follow the Skins enough to know what really goes on, do not have a strong understanding of our style of football or possibly could be a troll. either way please do not throw up a sorry misguided critique of any of the Skins players before a playoff game until you get some better info.

just because he didnt post a lot or joined late does not mean he is not a knowledgable fan. they didnt have Internet post in the 80's so are u saying 80's fans arent as knowledgable?

I was scared myself as well when brunell would check down his receivers but didnt give them enough time to get open and went through all the reads to only throw the ball away.

To me thats scary, and on numerous replays you can see the the receivers were open enough so that brunell can lead them on, yet he decided to check and throw it away.

I guess hes not as confident right now due to knee.

Brunell might have gone 9 of 25 against the Eagles, but he avoided stupid mistakes that KILL you in the playoffs.

I'm with Gibbs at this point -- you'd rather have an experienced QB in the playoffs than a young hotshot. Experience trumps talent in the playoffs.

Eli in NY. Simms in Tampa. I'd be more worried about them.

This is a perfect example of pure ignorance..look at the stats lately? Brunell is the third best QB in the NFC..23 TD passes..A career high for a 30,000+ yard QB (career)..And you are going to say he is the worst in the playoffs? wake up man, he has been here at a high level in jacksonville..he knows what this is all about..i can't believe im hearing this from a redskins fan..do you realize what we would be without him? pure BS

just because he didnt post a lot or joined late does not mean he is not a knowledgable fan. they didnt have Internet post in the 80's so are u saying 80's fans arent as knowledgable?

I was scared myself as well when brunell would check down his receivers but didnt give them enough time to get open and went through all the reads to only throw the ball away.

To me thats scary, and on numerous replays you can see the the receivers were open enough so that brunell can lead them on, yet he decided to check and throw it away.

I guess hes not as confident right now due to knee.

everyone has been a little frightened by one thing or another this year. i mentioned his post count because it happened to coincide with negative comments of brunell, timely posting of these last comments and weak argument of why he is the "worst QB in the playoff". nothing to do with just the amount of posts. if you look at all those things simply from his initial post he sounds like a troll.

because junior acheiver, this is not the time to start doubting/bashing your starting QB. i have ACTUALLY been to or watched every single game for years. now from your above quote do yuo notice a trend in Marks stats? 0 int's, get it? we play smashmouth football, Joe Gibbs football. ball control and clock management. one would think that someone the "follows the Redskins as much as anyone on the planet" would understand this and the ramifications this style has on the QB's stats. THAT is why you sound fishy to me.

you either do NOT follow the Skins enough to know what really goes on, do not have a strong understanding of our style of football or possibly could be a troll. either way please do not throw up a sorry misguided critique of any of the Skins players before a playoff game until you get some better info.

Wow, you think I'm a troll because I pose interesting dialogue that isn't extremely supportive of the status quo? And no, I don't want Brunell throwing it 50 times a game to put up those numbers, I fully understand the style we want to play, and I thought that Mark would be the perfect game manager. He is having a pretty good season, but he did have an uncanny ability this year to fumble the ball every time he was sacked especially in our own or inside the opponent's 20 yard line, and fumbles don't show up on the stat sheet. But when he has a sorry game against the rams, 0tds and 3 ints vs. the lowly cardinals, followed by game managing the cowboys game and giants, then 9-25 against the eagles with balls hitting receivers feet, then yes I am skeptical. I hope he plays well, despite what you think I don't hate him, but I root for the team and not one player and feel like we have a golden opportunity here. The reason I even have a disdain for the guy is because last year he couldn't even complete a 3 yard screen pass and had no business staying in until week 8. I haven't missed a game since I was 6 years old and have been to numerous games and 3 training camps for the whole week so don't question my loyalty just because I want to discuss a pretty fair topic.

Archived