Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Ramsey for a #1 Pick?

Frediemac

The Skins will Pick 54th in Draft (2nd Round) after taking Jason Campbell with the 25th Overall Pick in the 2004 Draft in a trade with Denver. The Broncos got the Skins 22nd Pick in this years Draft. Looking back at the Trade it really looks good for the Skins to Be able to Draft a QB like Campbell and then Groom him behind Brunell and Ramsey for a year instead of trying to Draft a QB with the 22nd Pick this Year. And who's to say we could get a QB with the Promise of Campbell with the 22nd Pick this Year? SO..........

Should the Skins Trade Ramsey for a 1st Rd. Draft Pick? a Defensive End? or Keep him for Insurance like the Giants Game?

:logo:

Want to see what other Skins fans Think :point2sky

I'd say trade him for what you can....dont know if any team will offer up a 1st round pick...i'd say 3rd round may be all you can get.

LaVar would muster up a first round pick though.....

I agree take what you can get. However, I have a feeling that Ramsey will generate a higher pick than Lavar. He is still young, still has lots of potential and is a QB. Teams will still pay for young QB's. Lavar, hopefully, will garner a 3rd round pick. I would love to get a 2nd round pick for him.

If the Skins could only get a 3rd Rounder then I would just keep him. He's more valuable to us than that. Here are some teams that mike have interest: Miami might need a QB to get them over the top. Other Destinations could be NY. Jets, Oakland, Cleveland, Baltimore (I know a couple Ravens fans that have said they would trade their #1 for him, St. Louis, Chicago, Arizona, New Orleans (No FA will want to go there). :point2sky

I'd say trade him for what you can....dont know if any team will offer up a 1st round pick...i'd say 3rd round may be all you can get.

You could not get a first round pick for either player. Lavar has been average.

Yup Ramsey aint worth more than a 3rd, a 2nd at best.

LaVar however is worth a first AND MORE.

If we're gonna trade either, I'd say we need high draft picks and/or a defensive end/wide receiver/cornerback

I'm sure I have more hope then sense in my Thread. :) But Like I said without a #1 or a High 2nd Round then I would just keep him for Insurance. Levar on the other hand is not needed as much. Maybe the Chargers will surrender a 2nd rounder for him.

There are a couple of backups who could probably draw a first round pick: Schaub and Rivers. But given the limited number of top QB prospects in the draft, Ramsey might be worth more than we think right now.

Other than Leinhart and Young (and maybe Cutler?), I don't see very many can't-miss QB prospects.

i agree that we should accept no less than even a pretty good second rounder for ramsey trust me guys it will work out this way. teams dont wanna gamble on hoping their guy will be there when their second rounder rolls around especially when your talking about a qb.

However we will probably see no trading of lavar for good value. I think hes making a case to keep us from doing just that who knows we'll see. but that whole "im gonna retire" bs aint cutting it with me. I love my boy lavar and i hope to god he wants to take a paycut and stay because i do not want him gone.

Didn't Miami give Philly a 1st-rounder for A.J. Feeley? (I may be wrong about that.) Ramsey would draw at least a 2nd. There aren't enough good QBs in the league. Ramsey does have value, and the Skins would be foolish to part with him for anything less than a 2nd rounder. If they can't get that, they should just keep him.

Brunell is not getting any younger, and can't stay healthy for an entire season. Given how high Gibbs's standards clearly are for quarterback play, does anybody really believe he's going to go into next season betting on Campbell, who hasn't played a down in the NFL? Ramsey is under contract for another year at a reasonable price, his value to the team is significant, and his play has apparently begun to come around to what Gibbs wants. Everyone assumes the team wants to get rid of him. I don't know. I do know it would be incredibly stupid.

Also, nobody is going to trade for Arrington with his salary cap figure. He's not worth what he's being paid, and nobody else is going to pick up the tab. Considering how little they've played him, he seems very likely to be cut June 1.

Nobody is going to give us a no.1 for Pat Ramsey. 3rd round maybe.

Should we trade him - I say yes. He is clearly not going to be the QB for this coaching staff but has shown enough to make you think he CAN be a starting QB in the NFL.

He is in the last year of his contract which means if we do keep him next year he will walk for nothing.

Get what we can - with a year under his belt Campbell should be ready to back up Brunell or we wasted two first round picks.

HTTR

Martin

Archived