Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Ramsey for a #1 Pick?

Frediemac

I just want to see Ramsey get into a situation that allows him to play. He had it hard here under Spurrier, and who knows how good this guy would have been if he didn't get thrown to the wolves like he did with Spurrier. I do believe that Jason will be the next QB, and probably when Williams becomes the head coach in 3 years. I would trade him for a wide out possibility, or trade up from current position in the draft.

Brunell is not getting any younger, and can't stay healthy for an entire season. Given how high Gibbs's standards clearly are for quarterback play, does anybody really believe he's going to go into next season betting on Campbell, who hasn't played a down in the NFL? Ramsey is under contract for another year at a reasonable price, his value to the team is significant, and his play has apparently begun to come around to what Gibbs wants. Everyone assumes the team wants to get rid of him. I don't know. I do know it would be incredibly stupid.

Also, nobody is going to trade for Arrington with his salary cap figure. He's not worth what he's being paid, and nobody else is going to pick up the tab. Considering how little they've played him, he seems very likely to be cut June 1.

I agree 100% and those of you who want to trade Ramsey who will be our #2 next year!!! Campbell is not ready and may not be ready for a couple years he came a non pro style offense and did not really do anything until his Senior year when he had two of the top drafts picks in the drafe behind him!!!! If you bring in a new guy, he will have to learn the Gibbs system and it has taken Brunnell and Ramsey two years to understand it!!!! Plus the new quarterback you bring in if he is any good will cost more against the cap than Ramsey will!

I say keep ramsey and try to sign him to a two or three year extension before or doing the season!!

Drew Brees' injury just might escalate Patrick's value, since it might mean San Diego has to hold onto Rivers for insurance purposes. One less young QB on the market will do that, and IMO this is a WEAK draft for QBs. That said, if someone offered me a 2nd rounder for Ramsey and a 2nd rounder for Lavar, I'd pull the trigger. 3 second round picks could easily get us into the bottom of the first round should someone slide we have interest in, and if not, 3 second round picks could really be valuable.

KEEP THEM BOTH! Especially if LA is willing to rework his contract that includes more incentives vs guaranteed money. :cool: Although this proposal would be interesting.

I believe Lavar has made it clear there will be no negotiating this offseason.

Also, in response to another post, Miami gave Philly a 2nd for Feely. Now that everyone knows what a colossal bonehead move that was, don't expect to see it again any time soon.

Lavar is gone. Mr. Redskin better enjoy his only playoff team with the gang.

Lavar can be traded just like Coles/Moss Portis/Bailley deals. I just might get cut though. My gut says if he won't rework his contract, than he is cut June 1.

He would just have to agree to sign a new contract before the trade could be made. I say keep Ramsey, but he will be more valuable on the bench.

We need to free cap space for R.Clark and Snyder needs to hire a real good attorney for S.Taylor!

Maybe a 3rd for Lavar.

Haven't you read his interviews?

He's on the verge of retiring and doing something else.

At least, that's what he said.

I'll probably get flack for this, but I like Ramsey and a year on the bench learning from Brunnel is paying off. It was quite evident when he came off the bench a few weeks back and looked pretty damn good.

The Skins didn't miss a beat and won the game.

The current Ramsey is not the same one from last year.

He could be, just maybe, our QB of the future.

Ok.....blast away!:rolleyes:

Hail!:point2sky

Sounds as if most are convinced Campbell is the answer? I agree that Ramsey should be traded, he deserves the chance to start somewhere. Why not Miami? That's where all former 'Skins QBs end up lately. We should be able to get a decent 2nd rounder for him.

Oh yeah, Vince Young will not make it as a NFL QB unless his throwing motion is changed drastically.

Didn't Miami give Philly a 1st-rounder for A.J. Feeley? (I may be wrong about that.) Ramsey would draw at least a 2nd. There aren't enough good QBs in the league. Ramsey does have value, and the Skins would be foolish to part with him for anything less than a 2nd rounder. If they can't get that, they should just keep him.

Philly got a second round pick for Feeley. And that was highway robbery.

Both Ramsey and Lavar will not net any higher than a #2...I think more along the lines of a # 3 for Ramsey......Lavar with the press stuff and Ramsey seems to be unproven of sorts...everyone knows he can throw...but the interception tag is on him and never really won anything in the NFL.....

Both Ramsey and Lavar will not net any higher than a #2...I think more along the lines of a # 3 for Ramsey......Lavar with the press stuff and Ramsey seems to be unproven of sorts...everyone knows he can throw...but the interception tag is on him and never really won anything in the NFL.....

Interception tag - 33tds 29ints with 3 ints coming from hail merrys - He may not be worth a 1st rounder, but please don't use bad data to make your point!

I kinda doubt that anyone will give up a 1st round pick for Ramsey. He was the last pick in his draft. He hasn't shown any consistancy. I would gladly take a 2nd rounder for him, though I think all he'll garner is a 3rd rounder.

Now, maybe we could package our 2nd rounder and Ramsey (and maybe a 3rd next year or something) and get a mid to late first rounder. The question is, who would we want at the position?

Brunell is not getting any younger, and can't stay healthy for an entire season. Given how high Gibbs's standards clearly are for quarterback play, does anybody really believe he's going to go into next season betting on Campbell, who hasn't played a down in the NFL? Ramsey is under contract for another year at a reasonable price, his value to the team is significant, and his play has apparently begun to come around to what Gibbs wants. Everyone assumes the team wants to get rid of him. I don't know. I do know it would be incredibly stupid.

Also, nobody is going to trade for Arrington with his salary cap figure. He's not worth what he's being paid, and nobody else is going to pick up the tab. Considering how little they've played him, he seems very likely to be cut June 1.

Isn't this place supposed to be lame?

Why are you even still here? It has to be a complete waste of your time.

If the Skins could only get a 3rd Rounder then I would just keep him. He's more valuable to us than that. Here are some teams that mike have interest: Miami might need a QB to get them over the top. Other Destinations could be NY. Jets, Oakland, Cleveland, Baltimore (I know a couple Ravens fans that have said they would trade their #1 for him, St. Louis, Chicago, Arizona, New Orleans (No FA will want to go there). :point2sky

I agree if we cant get a first then just keep him....I know we wont, but I think our problems can be fixed in free agentcy... :logo: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck:

Archived