Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Ramsey for a #1 Pick?

Frediemac

We won't get a 1st rounder for Patrick Ramsey. More than likely, we'll probably get a 3rd rounder at best. Patrick has potential and he's tough and all that, but he's not what coaches are looking for. He's a back up and probably will glide into a starter position and do well like Drew Brees did.

LaVar however is worth a first AND MORE.

No way. We'd be lucky to get a first for Lavar... most likely a second. Clubs aren't stupid... they are very leary of him post surgery. Let's face it, he hasn't been the same player since the operation. He lost some quickness. Not only that, but he's got a reputation as a freelancer, and it is widely known that he caused us some problems this year.

The Redskins don't think he is that great, and neither do other clubs.

Drew Brees' injury just might escalate Patrick's value, since it might mean San Diego has to hold onto Rivers for insurance purposes. One less young QB on the market will do that, and IMO this is a WEAK draft for QBs. That said, if someone offered me a 2nd rounder for Ramsey and a 2nd rounder for Lavar, I'd pull the trigger. 3 second round picks could easily get us into the bottom of the first round should someone slide we have interest in, and if not, 3 second round picks could really be valuable.

Pay the man!

Drew Brees suffered about the worst injury a QB could possibly suffer. He will not be able to even throw lightly for 5-6 months after surgery. If he rushes his return like Pennington did, he risks reinjury - like Pennington did. In all likelyhood, he will not be ready to start next season.

You can bet the ranch that SD now has to hold onto Rivers this offseason. In a perverse way, the Brees injury was a very good thing for the Redskins should they hope to move Ramsey. I'm not still convinced that they want to do that. But whatever they do - I think it will tell us just exactly how they feel about Campbell. If he's ready to assume backup duties ("1 play away") to Brunell, then I imagine Ramsey will be dealt. If he's not, Ramsey will stay. I don't believe Gibbs would allow the Skins to be one injury away from 7-9 next year.

There will be about 5-7 teams in the market for a QB next season. If you can't land one of the 2 excellent QBs in this draft (Leinart or Cutler) I'd imagine your next best bet is Pat Ramsey now that Rivers is unavailable. My guess is that someone such as the Jets or Raiders will end up forking over a 2nd rounder for Pat should we be so inclined.

nobody in their right mind would trade a first pick for a qb who could not keep brunnel on the bench. brunnell is good but so is doug dropkick, maddox, bledsoe, warner, and a host of other guys who have been there and done that. but they have been replaced by the franchise qb. so come on down campbell just as tom, eli,ben and the arizona kid did.:gaintsuck

The only package deal I would consider making with Ramsey and LaVar is with the Cardinals and it involves Anquan Boldin.

Ramsey and LaVar for Boldin and a 3rd and they've got themselves a deal. Quite frankly, I'd consider doing those two just for Boldin, but I think we need a little compensation in the way of a pick.

Archived