Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Walt Harris or Walt Scare-us!?

Bigmuss1

This guys play is absolutely killing me. Whether it is missing tackles, penalties or not even being close to a receiver he will be our down fall. Does anyone remember the last time we played the bucs..TD Bucs right over the top of Harris. If we have Springs and Rogers we win by 10 or more, with HARRIS it will come down to the wire again!!

With Taylor helping out over the top, Galloway won't be nearly as effective in exposing Harris' weaknesses.

Sean is great at playing over the top, but I would much rather see him put the cadillac in the junk yard! Springs and Carlos can handle Galloway.

how quickly you guys forget...

go back and watch him the first 6 weeks or so of the season. he is a great tackler. you guys seem to forget that our entire secondary, including harris, has been banged up. you also seem to forget that you don't know that coverages that our called during a game. what may look like harris getting burned a lot sometimes on replay actually shows a lack of safety help. look he's not the greatest db in the league but remember, he is supposed to be our nickle back. i think the guy has done an amazing job for us stepping up this entire year and last year too, especially considering people in this league said that he was done after his injury. stop starting these ridiculous philly-like fan threads that fail to look at the entire accomplishment and focuses on only a few plays.

He is awful I can't stand to watch the bum. When the opposing team constantly picks on a particular guy(when they have to have a play) it should tell you something, and that something is he is perceived as the weak link. He needs to go

so who are you going to replace him with?

name one third string cb as good as him?

harris can be a starting #2 cb on many teams in this league, there are very few teams lucky enough to have a #3 cb as good as he is.

in case you want some reference think back over the past 8 years or so at who are nickle db's were...

go back and watch him the first 6 weeks or so of the season. he is a great tackler. you guys seem to forget that our entire secondary, including harris, has been banged up. you also seem to forget that you don't know that coverages that our called during a game. what may look like harris getting burned a lot sometimes on replay actually shows a lack of safety help. look he's not the greatest db in the league but remember, he is supposed to be our nickle back. i think the guy has done an amazing job for us stepping up this entire year and last year too, especially considering people in this league said that he was done after his injury. stop starting these ridiculous philly-like fan threads that fail to look at the entire accomplishment and focuses on only a few plays.

Umm Walt Harris was demoted to nickel back due to his poor play at the corner position. He has done an average to below average job this year and has blown a lot of coverages. It is true that we do not know what defense is being called by G. Williams, however he clearly got beat by R. Brown during the Phili game because he was peeking in the backfield. Veterans should not get beat in that fashion. It was a rookie type mistake. We need better play from Harris next week if Springs is not available. If he can't hold his own on the corner it will force Williams to provide hime with safety help which limits the aggressive nature of our defense. HTTR

When an opposing WR gets a mid-long range catch, it is always Walt Harris covering that was supposed to be covering him. Early in the season I thought that he'll be picking it up, however until last week, Walt Harris always gets beat. It never fails. :doh:

I think they need to try out Dimitri Patterson. If he does well, good. If he gets beat, Walt Harris would've been beaten too anyway.

I only remember one bad play last week. He tackles well. He's a good #3. Christ, we're *in the playoffs*. Gotta play with the men who got us there. No upgrades, no whining, no sky falling on our heads. Walt will be OK, and if he ain't it's because GW couldn't scheme around a banged-up secondary. Carlito comes back next week, let's stay positive.

Walt Harris didn't allow anything in the second half of last week's game.

Let's face it. Unless you have two Shawn Springs that are healthy out there, the Skins are going to need the front seven to generate some rush to help out the DBs.

They didn't do that in the first game against the Bucs.

Chris Simms had all day to throw and finished the game with a clean jersey.

That can't be allowed to happen again.

Of course we have Griffin and Salavea back now. That makes a big difference inside for us :D

I couldn't have said it better....his play has continued to improve and impress. Keep it up Walt.

This is a joke right? While he may not be the best CB on our roster he is definetly the third best. He is a very solid nickel corner. Thats how he has a job. Do you not understand depth?

Accurate and succinct, LSS. I'm with you and nace14. I've been happy to defend Walt. He's not a top player at all, he's a solid journeyman who plays as hard as anyone and is usally damn smart. He's been beat up a lot and that's taken him down a bit too. He's sure not the bum some people have tried to make him out, and he can be kinda streaky where he'll get beat a couple of plays and then turn right around and make a couple good ones. He's a guy who is only average athletically, but gets the most out of it with effort and attitude.

This is a joke right? While he may not be the best CB on our roster he is definetly the third best. He is a very solid nickel corner. Thats how he has a job. Do you not understand depth?

if he is third best, we are in trouble. i can't turn on a skins game without watching him get beat for a TD or big play. it is sad.

I think the good thing is that Walt Harris will unlikely be on the roster next year......I hope he plays well in the playoffs, but it's obvious he was Sat down mid season in favor of Carlos Rogers......I am sure there might be something available come free agency time for a #3 or someone to step up.........While Walt shows flashes of being good, the bad outweighs the good he could do a lot for himself by picking it up a notch and proving us all wrong this weekend......

Archived