Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wtf? Bettis In Hof?

Rodriggo

Just watched Monday Morning Quarterback and they said that Jerome Bettis is a slam dunk to go into the Hall of Fame. They compared his numbers to Franco Harris and I have to admit they were very similar except for one key stat, ******* SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!; 4 to nothing.

So let me get this right, Art Monk, one of the greatest two or three wide recievers in history, an integral part of a three-time champion dynasty, a no nonsense superstar that put his team first yet amassed what at the time were record numbers is still sitting at home without a gold jacket?

I'm not arguing that Bettis was not a good player, but HOF good? If Monk's shortcomings is an inablitity to amass a cute little NFL Films Super Bowl highlights package like that mother******* Lynn Swann than the same has to be said about Bettis. Who as well as being completely inconsequential come crunch time has no memorable postseason performances with the added critism that he never once even played in a Super Bowl.

If you're telling me that this overweight clown is going to get in BEFORE Art Monk I hereby renounce the HOF forever. If being good for a long time, having a goofy nickname, and the support of media douchebags like Chris Berman gets you into the HOF over incredible numbers and on the field success than they should just shut it down.

They should just call it the NFL experience and instead of highlighting a players' numbers just have one of a ****load of Bettis, Tiki, Strahan, or Favre interviews running on a loop on big screens where they're yuking it up with one talking head after another because they're so great and they're so funny and they're so talented that when they retire, **** ofcourse they're going to the HOF.

....well **** THAT! MONK IS STILL WAITING ******S!

Let the profanity filter do it's work please. -- Henry

It's about the media. It might not be fair, but bettis has a personality that is easy to fall in love with. you see him in inerviews and he has "it.' he's a likeable and charismatic person, and will be a public figure even after he retires. If he didn't have that personality, he might not make it, but his numbers together with that make him a lock. The people that matter love him.

Independent of Art Monk's plight, Bettis is imho a HOF'er. Maybe not first ballot, but a HOF'er nonetheless.

He has defined the Pittsburgh Steelers as a franchise over the past 10+ years, and his numbers pretty much tell the story.

That said, yes, Monk deserves to go as well. But that is no reason to exclude Bettis.

and they also forgot that Harris played 12 game seasons.

No he didn't. He played half his career with 14 game seasons and the last half with 16. Bettis ended up with 19 more career games than Harris.

Just because they said he is slam-dunk HOF'er doesn't make it so. The talking heads were saying that Monk was a slam-dunk when he retired.

Monk should be in but so should Bettis. Bettis is the 5th all time rusher and has 90+ TDs - that's why he is in.

It doesn't hurt that he is one of the classiest guys in the NFL.

ya man besides think of it this way they werent saying he's in the second he's outta the league. I honestly believe monk will eventually make it in and so will bettis they are both very deserving

I personally don't think Bettis should go to the Hall of Fame. He was good, but not a great back in my opinion. He was durable and played a long time though. However, I think he deserves to go to the Hall of Fame before Art Monk ever would.

bettis deserves to be in the hall of fame. anyone who thinks otherwise is ridiculous. he carried that team for about 7 years with kordel stewert at qb. how many afc champs did he make it to?

saying he has no super bowl rings is like saying that none of the 90's bills should make it in.

If you're telling me that this overweight clown is going to get in BEFORE Art Monk I hereby renounce the HOF forever.

Slow down, big guy. I agree the the HoF is pure BS, due entirely to the writers (read: know-nothings) having their part in it, but that doesn't mean that Bettis doesn't deserve to be there.

I think being able to be in the game at his weight shows his determination to play. I wouldn't make it personal with Bettis; not his fault that mediots are bringing it up now. He's been a great performer; let's not take that away from him simply because somebody else screwed one of our deserving guys. No need to project anger on him for the media's actions (or inactions).

I do agree that Monk has long deserved to be in the HoF, and due to the ignorance and bias of the Peter Kings and etc's, he's been screwed.

Here's to Monk's future induction: a great Redskin and a great man. :cheers:

I don't even know why Championships are even included in the criteria when judging individuals in any sport unless its a 1 on1 sport. No matter how good a person is, if his or team doesn't win a championship that doesn't reflect on that individual. Hell you can be a bench warmer and win a championship. That being said Monk and Bettis derserve to be in the HOF. Monk shoulda been a 1st ballot though.

P.S Former Skin Chris Hanburger should be in too. Correct me if I'm wrong he's made like 9 pro bowls.

Archived