Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sooo, which team does Williams go to and who's our new D. Coach?

skinsfanno9

Im not sure now that Williams will go to K.C.

Al Saunders is the reason for the KC offense, not Vermeil and Saunders is currently asst head coach. If hired Saunders may ask to be released from his contract because if anyone deserves the HC spot at K.C. its Saunders and they would be fools to get rid of him.

If any team, I can see Williams going to STL or Houston

Than why is Vermeil mentioning Herm Edwards as a replacement instead of Saunders. Has Saunders expressed interest in the job?

There's something to be said for making your own mark. This is why Williams will leave, and this is something Snyder cannot provide. If money drives Williams he will stay, but I'm guessing he's gone, regardless what Danny shells out.
well if danny does nothing else better wit his money please try and keep williams!!!

Gibbs, Williams, and Snyder should sit down and plan out the next six or seven years and sign something that allows Williams to take over when Gibbs steps down. Why go to another team where you have to prove yourself all over again, and possibly be fired in two or three years. Gregg should stay and be a part of a championship run here in Washington that will allow him the chance to inherit a team, an organization and a fanbase that is 100% behind him. Everyone already thinks the man can walk on water. Short of Gibbs, Allen, and maybe Bugles there has been no more popular a coach. Stay where you're wanted Gregg.
i truelly agree we got a championship team here we got something special brewing stay wit the staff where u r wanted and loved!!!!

I think Danny will fire up the checkbook and match any offer GW is given. From the RUMORS I have heard, Jim Fassell is top on the lists for Raiders and KC. Say Fassell choses Oakland (I think he has some connection with Al Davis), then I think KC will go after GW. At that point I see Snyder matching KC's offer to get him to stay (with a guarantee of the reigns once Gibbs leaves), and KC going to it's 3rd choice - Saunders.

All speculation, but would be nice... really hoping to keep our staff together as long as possible.

My guess? Williams goes to KC, and Greg Blache takes over. Hopefully we retain at least half the guys Williams brought in.

Just reported that Haslett was also fired... With this many openings out there, I don't see the Skins keeping GW. Some team will give him what he wants.

I think you are right GW to KC and Blache takes over.

yes Blache would be new d-cord if GW leaves but I think he will stay.

If he goes he's gonna go to KC like everyone says. He's not gonna leave to go coach a crap team when he knows he has a chance at a ring here, and inheritting a very good team when Gibbs hangs it up.

Hmmm, I remember once upon a time when Gibbs hung it up that another good D-Coordinator took over things. That didn't go so well. So waiting for Gibbs to quit isn't exactly a gravy decision. You and I know we will ALL compare whoever takes over with Gibbs. That is a tough nut to crack.

The best jobs out there will be either STL or KC...However, I believe Adam Schefter in that Snyder will promise the 'skins to him when JG departs, which is why JG brought him in.

In the game yesterdays game, GW got the gatorade bath, not JG. I think the players know that he will inherit the team.

The best jobs out there will be either STL or L\KC...However, I believe Adam Schefter in that Snyder will promise the 'skins to him when JG departs, which is why JG brought him in.

In the game yesterders game, GW got the gatorade bath, not JG. I think the players know that he will inherit the team.

Apparently the trainers told them not to do this to Gibbs. This worries me to some extent. Is Gibbs in poor health?

I would hope that williams stays until gibbs retires and takes the head coaching job here in washington..but that's probably not realistic..if he does leave the D.C. area i see him staying one more year..he has built a home in northern VA and his family really likes the area..so i could see him staying for good which would be amazing..i guess we will have to wait and see what he decides..either way i wish him well wherever he ends up next season.

My guess? Williams goes to KC, and Greg Blache takes over. Hopefully we retain at least half the guys Williams brought in.

In his chat a few months ago he said:

"Well, the Williams family loves living here in Virginia and it’s a great place for my family to be right now. I’m not very far from Princeton University where my son plays college football and my two other children love living here and love the school districts that they participate in. We enjoy being Washington Redskins, and we enjoy living in the Nation’s Capital, one of the most powerful cities in the world. So it would have to be something very, very extreme for me to leave the Redskins or finally, if Dan Snyder gets tired of Gregg Williams and asks me to leave (laughs). But if you look at my coaching history, in 25 or 26 years of coaching, I’ve only moved 4 times and that’s relatively amazing in the coaching world. In fact, the first organization I was with, the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans, I was there for 11 years and only moved on for a head coaching opportunity, and its not that important for me any more to have the head coaching title. The most important thing to me in my career right now is that my family’s happy. These three questions I have to be able to answer a ‘yes’ to, and that’s ‘what am I doing?’, ‘where’s it at?’, and ‘who’s it with?’, and all three of those are definite pluses and yes’s right now in my coaching career, and I really enjoy being a Redskin. "

So ... Danny will match money (and he's already making plenty for a very nice lifestyle), he seems to like working with Gibbs, he cares about family stability, he likes the area (not sure Kansas schools and community would compare well with here!) and he says he's not hung up on the head coaching title. He knows Gibbs isn't here forever and if there's an agreement on succession, and given his other statements, I think the chances of keeping him are better than 50/50.

I think you're right. KC with a defense would be scary.

If he does go, which I have said he won't, that would be my pick both as a guess and as what I think would be coolest for him. Those guys have great fans and there's a lot of offense talent already.

Here's my prediction:

Williams stay put after Dan matches the $$$ offered, while Greg Blache leaves to become defensive coordinator elsewhere. You heard it from me first.

Very interesting...that's one I didn't consider...I'll keep track :)

Here's my prediction:

Williams stay put after Dan matches the $$$ offered, while Greg Blache leaves to become defensive coordinator elsewhere. You heard it from me first.

Technically, Greg Blache IS our defensive coordinator. ;)

GW is assistant head coach, defense, and Greg Blache is defensive coordinator.

Not sure what Blache is making, but I doubt he would leave for a coordinator job. Maybe head coaching job at the college level or who knows, the NFL level

i am just getting word from adam schefter of the nfl network that greg williams will remain with the skins and will succeed gibbs as the coach.

again, this is just coming down from the nfl network.

Is this a joke or for real?

Archived