Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sooo, which team does Williams go to and who's our new D. Coach?

skinsfanno9

Williams will make a great head coach. He's not going to stick around until Gibbs retires, so why not leave now? He's at an all-time high in popularity given what he's accomplished over the past two years with (let's face it) pretty average talent.

You only get so many chances at a head coaching job. Why shouldn't he jump at the chance? He's going to get multiple offers -- why not make the leap when you can pick the destination?

I wish he'd stay, but if you were him, wouldn't you want a second chance at head coaching? Wouldn't you stay up at night dreaming you're the next Belichek?

I think he will stay. That is obviously part optimism but he has said that he wants to give his kids some stability rather than moving every few years - besides Snyder can and will pay him like a head coach and guarantee him HC when Gibbs retires.

In addition he has said his favorite player is ST. Not only will GW stay to make ST a pro bowler but I think we can all agree that he has a lot of fun being the D coord - that combined with Snyder's guarantee/money will keep him around.

(fingers crossed)

there has been no mention of his name on cold pizza or 1st and 10 or anything.

i still don't get why becoming a head coach is what every good coordinator has to do - why it's the end of all. GW knows he'll coach a well assembled skins team 3 years from now. why bother rushing into a new venue so suddenly, after such a successful year?

If Williams goes I think Blache would be our new D coordinator. But I really don't think Willimas is going anywhere.

Why not? From all indications Williams wanted to learn from a "master coach" before trying his hand again. He has done that, and clearly has re-evaluated what he did wrong in Buffalo. He will have 5 teams gunning for him, including a few that are practically in playoff condition. KC seems to be a natural fit. He can keep Vermiel's offensive staff and focus on the defense.

Really, I'd be willing to bet big bucks that Williams is gone after this season.

i still don't get why becoming a head coach is what every good coordinator has to do - why it's the end of all. GW knows he'll coach a well assembled skins team 3 years from now. why bother rushing into a new venue so suddenly, after such a successful year?

For the same reason that all potential movie makers don't dream of becoming assistant directors when they grow up. Williams is a winner - he wants to be "the man." And really, if he didn't I'd almost wonder what's wrong with him. It's OK for someone like a Bugal who has already gone around the block to not want this, but Williams is in his prime. If and until he blows it another time or two (Norv Turner, for instance), I don't see his desire for a head coaching position waning.

actually, i just watched cold pizza (thanks to tivo) and the DID discuss this issue. the final verdict was that daniel snyder would pay WHATEVER IT TAKES to keep greg williams here.

Lets think about this. Snyder can, and will, offer greg williams MORE than any offer kansas city or the rams make (those are the 2 biggest threats). So why would he leave, when he could make more money, keep his family here, AND take over for the greatest franchise in NFL history after gibbs retires? The answer: He won't. Greg Williams is here for the long haul.

Im not sure now that Williams will go to K.C.

Al Saunders is the reason for the KC offense, not Vermeil and Saunders is currently asst head coach. If hired Saunders may ask to be released from his contract because if anyone deserves the HC spot at K.C. its Saunders and they would be fools to get rid of him.

If any team, I can see Williams going to STL or Houston

actually, i just watched cold pizza (thanks to tivo) and the DID discuss this issue. the final verdict was that daniel snyder would pay WHATEVER IT TAKES to keep greg williams here.

Lets think about this. Snyder can, and will, offer greg williams MORE than any offer kansas city or the rams make (those are the 2 biggest threats). So why would he leave, when he could make more money, keep his family here, AND take over for the greatest franchise in NFL history after gibbs retires? The answer: He won't. Greg Williams is here for the long haul.

There's something to be said for making your own mark. This is why Williams will leave, and this is something Snyder cannot provide. If money drives Williams he will stay, but I'm guessing he's gone, regardless what Danny shells out.

Gibbs, Williams, and Snyder should sit down and plan out the next six or seven years and sign something that allows Williams to take over when Gibbs steps down. Why go to another team where you have to prove yourself all over again, and possibly be fired in two or three years. Gregg should stay and be a part of a championship run here in Washington that will allow him the chance to inherit a team, an organization and a fanbase that is 100% behind him. Everyone already thinks the man can walk on water. Short of Gibbs, Allen, and maybe Bugles there has been no more popular a coach. Stay where you're wanted Gregg.

Archived