Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we sick of Portis yet

fuji869

As many of you know I use to live in Denver. I went back on Vacation in May 04 right after the Bailey / Portis Trade and all I heard from Bronco fans was how we got the bad end of the trade because Bailey was quiet unassuming and the NFL’s premier shut down corner and Portis was ****y, overrated, not worth the money he wanted and how we will be sick of him after 1 season.

Just wondering are Redskin Fans sick of the Redskins new single season rushing leader after his second season!?!?! :laugh:

_E7T0014PG.jpg

What amazes me is how he has reinvented himself under Gibbs and Byner. He appears to have significantly changed his style and made the transition while still maintianing a very high level of play. He has also developed into a real pro with his work ethic and his attitude at a very younge age. If he can stay healthly he can have a very special career.

No, we are not! We are glad to have him. He's everything you would want in a running back and the best blocking halfback I've seen since Marcus Allen. We love Clinton and glad he's here with the Redskins!

I totally agree....I think that the most impressive and surprising things for me are the things he does when he doesn't have the football in his hands. A lot of offensive stars (especially ones that are his size) tend not to want to put their bodies on the lines when it comes to picking up bliztes, blocking for WR's, etc. With his leadership evolving this year, I think that we're getting a lot more out of him than we would have with Champ. That's not to say that Champ isn't a player, but I think that we're a better team without him. I couldn't be happier with CP!!!

:logo:

These last few weeks Portis has shown everyone that this was a good move. Not just talking about 100+ yards but how about the 22 yard TD run yesterday? That's not only a good run, it was absolutely clutch! The Redskins were losing on the road in the 4th quarter of a game they had to win to get into the playoffs, Brunell playing somewhat spotty, and he takes it to the house! We couldn't afford to fail on that possesion or even settle for a field goal, and Portis made sure we didn't. He earned his salary on that run.

What amazes me is how he has reinvented himself under Gibbs and Byner. He appears to have significantly changed his style and made the transition while still maintianing a very high level of play. He has also developed into a real pro with his work ethic and his attitude at a very younge age. If he can stay healthly he can have a very special career.

Correct, and has anyone noticed that he is not tripping over his feet and diving on the ground when he sees a whole like he did in the first portion of the season? His running has most certainly taken to the coaching he is receiving. We now have a prominant RB playing for our favorite team.... :cheers:

His all around play and field awareness is impressive. He has been the first to react to fumbles a few times.

Yesterday prior to one of his TD runs, while lined up in the backfield, the camera zoomed in on his eyes. Man, eye of the tiger. I knew he was scoring after that, a he did!

As far a Champ, he is a great player no doubt. I think the trade for Portis was a good one, though at this point we sure could use a CB after all our injuries. Can we do a trade back for one week while Springs heals?

I love the guy more and more and more with every week he plays for this team.

He has devoted a LOT to this franchise. Hard work in the offseason, changing his style as a running back, bringing a ton of heart to the locker room, hitting holes hard and pushing piles, something he was never applauded for earlier in his career.......the guy is a beast, period.

He played with so much heart yesterday, every time he touched the ball he wanted to win so bad you could feel it. Look at the replays of all of his runs, so many of his yards are from grinding it out and pushing the pile.....this guy seriously deserves a TON of credit.

Archived