Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT : Williams Staying Put !

Sknzfan

Funny how good news from PFT is always true while bad news immediately called inaccurate.

Thank you. I was wondering if anyone was going to realize that this is PFT we are talking about. The only reliable thing about the news they ut out is that it is bound to be unreliable..

On that note, this is probably heresay.. but it makes sense.. :eaglesuck

Damn that Snyder - we'll never win with him as owner! :rolleyes:

Agree - with GNM - Snyder's made his mistakes but he's coming around. He knows a good thing when he sees it. And Gibbs + GW = a very good things.

As I said before, Williams only leaves for one job: KC. And that's not even a given since it could be argued that it's not really an improvement on his situation here in Washington. They are both plum jobs, but why uproot your family for a lateral move? He's still a young man - 2 years is not that long to wait for your next gig.

The NFL is a league of egos and there are a lot of men who want to build their own house and run their own show. But it's obvious that Greg Williams has enormous input into this team's players, coaches, and overall direction. When Gibbs leaves, GW can feel like he was just a responsible for Washington's resurgence as Gibbs was as he grabs the reins.

Funny how good news from PFT is always true while bad news immediately called inaccurate.

That's not funny, sunshine, that's normal. Actually, its more likely correct too, positive news (stuff that doesn't generate turmoil by its nature) is usually more likely to be accurate than hair-raisng stuff due to lesser motive for spin.

I think this is more than a money issue we are dealing with here.

Many things have to be taken into consideration:

A) Will Williams be patient enough to stick around for three more years until the end of Joe's tenure? Let's face it, in a three year window there are bound to be a variety of attractive head coaching positions to pop up around the league that may be very difficult to pass up.

B) How big of influence or motivating factor is the prestige that comes along with having head coaching position? Ultimately, that is a question only Gregg Williams can answer. Sometimes money isn't the end all and be all in these situations. People who are in football or any sport usually aim for the highest accolades. I've never heard anybody say "I dream of one day becoming a defensive coordinator". They usually dream of becoming the head coach of a championship team. That is something you can't place a dollar value on, despite how good of a situation Gregg Williams is currently sitting in right now.

Why would Williams want to take some of these jobs? The only one I could understand someone leaving to take is the Kansas City job, should it become avalible. Thats a good, established team, that you can win fast with. Washington is a team on the rise, and I think Williams could take it over at its peak.

The media will certainly spin this negative, but this is good news for Redskin fans.

Nice job, Mr. Snyder.

(You don't hear that often enough)

Absolutely the case.

Snyder will be portrayed as an owner who has gone out of his way to harm all other teams by overspending on assistant coaches prompting for calls of the Snyder Cap, or a coaching salary cap. Snyder remains the finest owner in all of sport. He spends well. He gets the best to work for him. He does what he's asked to do as an owner. And, we're winning ;).

Snyder can match the $ all he wants, but he can't match the position. I like Williams and Snyder both, but if Williams wants to be a head coach, nothing will stop him from doing so. Not even the almighty dollar.

Wrong. He can match the position; just not in 2006 assuming Gibbs stays. If he gives Williams a contract that guarantees him the head coach job when Gibbs retires, then he is matching the position. It would be a first in the NFL but Snyder is known for firsts.

Hah! Dan Snyder acts like do in madden. It's all about benjamins in madden. You'd figure it would be like that in real life. Anyways, I think he'll stay.

Maybe this is an appropriate place for me to make a declaration in order for fellow posters to properly filter my comments on this site: :D

I have never played any football video games or played in a fantasy league. Do not be afraid, I am still human.

I personally hope Gibbs wants to coach another 5 years beyond his original contract.

If Williams want to stay, he'll stay. If not and he wants to be head coach next year; he'll go. I'll take years 6-10 of Gibbs over years 1-5 of Williams any day.

I don't want no gaurentees- saying in 2 years Gibbs will give the job to him. I want Gibbs to coach as long as he wants and any Skins fans hope Gibbs goes beyond his intended 5 years. If they want to say when Gibbs retires; Williams will get promoted.

If Williams stays, it will be because of his family. If Williams goes, it will be that his desire to be a head coach now is stronger than any money that Synder can throw at him.

I think you all think Gibbs can't find a decent DC- he could promote someone; so the basic schemes will stay the same. Or someone else will be hired. Change is a constant thing in the modern nfl. We will adjust if they are changes!

We'll find out later in January.

Archived