Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT : Williams Staying Put !

Sknzfan

That's not funny, sunshine, that's normal. Actually, its more likely correct too, positive news (stuff that doesn't generate turmoil by its nature) is usually more likely to be accurate than hair-raisng stuff due to lesser motive for spin.

I guess that it depends on your perspective as to whether it is good news or not. Rams fans or Lions fans certainly won't find this to be good news.

I am usually wary of PFT... their 'insider info' is usually peppered with things like "It is well known Snyder has sh*t for brains' said one NFL scout..."

But, I'm willing to believe this because I don't think anyone would need a direct quote or inside source to accurately suppose Snyder will try his best to keep Williams after the way the defense has brought us respectability, not to mention he was the first guy Gibbs wanted here in the first place.

Coaches don't count against the cap.

~Bang

I think the deal to keep Williams until Gibbs retires was already made before Williams was hired as the coordinator. Williams likely made his promise to Gibbs and Snyder that he will stick around and inherit the head coaching job from Gibbs.

Archived