Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wise - After a Shove, a Fall From Grace (Lavar Shouting Match w/Coach after Sat game)

JimmiJo

Can't wait to hear all of you crying when he's a beast somewhere else! The guy wants to stay a Skin for life and you guys are turning on him!!! Imagine what he's going through. It's got to be frustrating knowing that you can help the team and be watching on third and long. I've met the guy several times, seen him interact with fans DOZENS of times- he's a CLASS act. He bleeds burgendy and gold. The timing of the article is suspect- but he gets hurt and the next thing you know it's "lets prove we don't need him" rather then "can't wait to have him back." I really do feel bad for the guy. No amount of money that he makes will make up for the last year and a half where his life has fallen apart on the field. The organization that he LOVES is telling him he's no longer needed. I hope that this is part of some greater scheme to motivate him. I hope that he's a Redskin for life.

The organization he loves is telling him to play his assignment and he loves them so much he's hanging up the phone. And, apparently, he's so fragile, players in the lockerroom don't want to see him yelled at. This is a monster. A beast. If he's not doing his job, he'd damn well better listen to a coach telling him to improve his play, don't you think?

I reread the article. Lavar had little to nothing to do with this article. Lavar was talking about individuals at a Wizards game. This is UnWise Mike's point of view. As much as you may not like it, UnWise Mike is hooked up. He is widely regarded as one of the best sports writers in the country. Sure he is spinning this but he has a lot of facts and a lot of reliable sources to back up some pretty messed up antics by this organization. Don't crucify Lavar for this article. This was UnWise Mike showing the Times whats up. Showing that he doesn't need an exclusive interview to shed light on this situation.

A player in the lockeroom said he wasn't out of line. Yet the only posts in this thread are anti Lavar. I have more respect for UnWise Mike than I do for the guy from the Times. QUOTE]

Dude, we don't know that. Read the article again and note Wise uses only un-named sources for support of his "mean team bad" spin. There are no named quotes or sources for his pro-Lavar points. The old "well I can't say who, but I hear..." BS. We have no f'in idea as to credibility. That's why I was pizzed at the Post & Wise and said its not just about Lavar on this deal.

Too many "core" players have chosen to hit the door and none of them have had good things to say about the way the organization has treated them. I just hope JG can not only turn the team around but can also return honor and dignity to the Redskin name.

You didn't see this during the JKC era...

You're talking about the same guy that played Warrick Holdman ahead of LaVar. Arrington at 75% is better than a 100% Holdman.

Jeez mufu, if you're expecting that non-sequitir one-line summation of the entire 2-year production of ta league-wide universally admired (except for a few genius's here) defensive coaching staff to serve as some sort of sufficient rebuttal to my endorsing that staff... :doh:

You didn't see this during the JKC era...

You didn't have a cap in Cooke's era, so don't make mindless comparisons. You measure players in the cap era as to their importance and you hope to inspire them to love the team so much as to give a little back when it comes to salary time -- like Darrell Green did -- and you make choices based on system and scheme otherwise.

LaVar is clearly overpaid for a two-down linebacker who refuses to take coaching on game day. So, something will have to be done. Even in JKCs day it would.

Can't wait to hear all of you crying when he's a beast somewhere else! The guy wants to stay a Skin for life and you guys are turning on him!!! Imagine what he's going through. It's got to be frustrating knowing that you can help the team and be watching on third and long. I've met the guy several times, seen him interact with fans DOZENS of times- he's a CLASS act. He bleeds burgendy and gold. The timing of the article is suspect- but he gets hurt and the next thing you know it's "lets prove we don't need him" rather then "can't wait to have him back." I really do feel bad for the guy. No amount of money that he makes will make up for the last year and a half where his life has fallen apart on the field. The organization that he LOVES is telling him he's no longer needed. I hope that this is part of some greater scheme to motivate him. I hope that he's a Redskin for life.

So, is anyone else actually naive enough to believe this stuff is hitting the papers right now DESPITE Lavar, rather than because of him?

The organization he loves is telling him to play his assignment and he loves them so much he's hanging up the phone. And, apparently, he's so fragile, players in the lockerroom don't want to see him yelled at. This is a monster. A beast. If he's not doing his job, he'd damn well better listen to a coach telling him to improve his play, don't you think?

Come on, you weren't there. A player who was there said that Lindsey went to far. And don't you think that if Lavar was that out of control they would have pulled him and deactivated him for the Eagles game. Phillip Daniels was on the news tonight supporting his teammate. GW said he is PROUD of Lavar just today. Is it not possible that someone besides Lavar is in the wrong here?

I reread the article. Lavar had little to nothing to do with this article. Lavar was talking about individuals at a Wizards game. This is UnWise Mike's point of view. As much as you may not like it, UnWise Mike is hooked up. He is widely regarded as one of the best sports writers in the country. Sure he is spinning this but he has a lot of facts and a lot of reliable sources to back up some pretty messed up antics by this organization. Don't crucify Lavar for this article. This was UnWise Mike showing the Times whats up. Showing that he doesn't need an exclusive interview to shed light on this situation.

Yes, exactly, my irritation was focused on Wise. but I'm pizzed at lavar for being so easily useful to such counter-productive endeavors.

Wow, that is a totally one-sided article supporting Lavar and saying that the team doesn't know what it is doing. There are so many wrong things in that article its not even worth going over them all. From crying about something totally unrelated that happened at a Wizards game to conveniently leaving out all the Lavar whining and lying over the past year as well.

Then people want to bring up Champ Bailey and Smoot, etc. as other examples of why the management sucks. As if we won multiple world championships with all these "stars" and now we've dug a hole and can't go on without these talented players whom a handful of would eat up the entire salary cap but we would have 4-6 really good me firsters.

My whole life in competitive sports I expected to hear from coaches when I was doing something wrong or needed to improve my technique. On those occasions that I didn't improve at a rate commensurate with the expectations of the individuals responsible for safeguarding the interests of said team, I was either benched or, worse, cut. Most of us have never played in a venue where so much was at stake, where the livelihood of others were so intertwined. But I think we all can relate to the guy on the team that put his interests first. In my experiences, that guy wasn't around very long.

A player who was there said that Lindsey went to far

:laugh: I'm going to keep hitting you on this because if it was against lavar you'd me making the same point: it's Wise SAYING what an un-named source said, which means we don't know anything about exactly what the guy said, or how valid his take would be, or anything else, yet you'll blindly accept it as gospel because it tells what you want to see told.

What about the great concern for "context" as when it's Lavar being named and quoted DIRECTLY. sheesh. Dude. :)

:laugh:

Wow, that is a totally one-sided article supporting Lavar and saying that the team doesn't know what it is doing. There are so many wrong things in that article its not even worth going over them all. From crying about something totally unrelated that happened at a Wizards game to conveniently leaving out all the Lavar whining and lying over the past year as well.

Then people want to bring up Champ Bailey and Smoot, etc. as other examples of why the management sucks. As if we won multiple world championships with all these "stars" and now we've dug a hole and can't go on without these talented players whom a handful of would eat up the entire salary cap but we would have 4-6 really good me firsters.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Thank you.

Come on, you weren't there. A player who was there said that Lindsey went to far. And don't you think that if Lavar was that out of control they would have pulled him and deactivated him for the Eagles game. Phillip Daniels was on the news tonight supporting his teammate. GW said he is PROUD of Lavar just today. Is it not possible that someone besides Lavar is in the wrong here?

No, Skinstzar a player didn't say Lindsey went to far. He said leave LaVar be. That can mean a number of things. Like, "Man, LaVar can't take that kind of coaching like we can." Or any number of other things. You've chosen to read it as ONE meaning only when many are attached.

The team has ALWAYS been pretty openly supportive of LaVar save the week or so period when it had to rip him apart to shut him up earlier this year. The point is the Wise premise that the Redskins should treat Arrington like a star and baby him is ridiculous drivel. And, if LaVar is refusing to take coaching for his mistakes, don't be surprised if he is benched or deactivated.

You didn't have a cap in Cooke's era, so don't make mindless comparisons.

Mindless comparisons? Think back to that era, you didn't have players demanding more money or putting themselves before the team it just didn't happen like it does today. So what does the cap have to do with it?

Rather this was UnWise Mike trying to get in the game. He was sitting on the bench when the Times took it to the house on this deal.

(Edit) It wasn't UnWise Mike sitting in the 20,000 sq ft mansion.

It sounds to me like the coaches went overboard when it came to Lavar and other players agree with that. Any good coach knows different players respond to different motivation. So screaming at a guy doesn't work for everyone. So it gets old when some coach continues to berate you for motivation when it doesn't work.

A player in the lockeroom said he wasn't out of line. Yet the only posts in this thread are anti Lavar. I have more respect for UnWise Mike than I do for the guy from the Times. QUOTE]

Dude, we don't know that. Read the article again and note Wise uses only un-named sources for support of his "mean team bad" spin. There are no named quotes or sources for his pro-Lavar points. The old "well I can't say who, but I hear..." BS. We have no f'in idea as to credibility. That's why I was pizzed at the Post & Wise and said its not just about Lavar on this deal.

Don't you think that maybe, just maybe that the current treatment of Arrington might have something to do with players not wanting to be named?

Is there a player in the league who's clashed with more coaches than LaVar? Outside of T.O.?

The list: Paterno, Marvin Lewis, Gregg Williams/Dale Lindsey

The only one he didn't clash with was Schottenheimer, who basically let LaVar do whatever he wanted on the field.

To me, that's the real problem. LaVar wants thing HIS WAY or else he lashes out. It's been a constant trend.

That's why I don't take his "Redskin for life" talk seriously....because obviously it has to be on his terms or else.

Rather this was UnWise Mike trying to get in the game. He was sitting on the bench when the Times took it to the house on this deal.

Nice observation JJ. Like I said too, it ends the wait as to how unbiased Wise would be in his approach to covering the 'skins. He's made his bed with this piece, because no matter what anyone thinks here about Lavar, there's no way that's impartial reporting.

Jesus, he has been around for this system for 2 seasons now and still can't be trusted by the defensive coaches to do the right thing on all downs. Phisically he should be better than anyone else on that defense but he is lost out there according to the coaches.

But you go ahead and believe that the team puts proving that a player who is already getting paid isn't needed out there above winning games. Yeah, you've got it right man. :rolleyes:

Too many players got how to play in this Defense from day one, including undrafted free agents that nobody else wanted. Whats taking Lavar so long to learn it?

Don't you think that maybe, just maybe that the current treatment of Arrington might have something to do with players not wanting to be named?

Sure, mufu, I could see that as a possibility. I was trying to make a poitn about extending the same ideas of "context" so generously offered to lavar to this comment being used by Wise.

It sounds to me like the coaches went overboard when it came to Lavar and other players agree with that. Any good coach knows different players respond to different motivation. So screaming at a guy doesn't work for everyone. So it gets old when some coach continues to berate you for motivation when it doesn't work.

So what are we talking about here? Does Lavar need a tudor, some couch time, or just a big hug because he's so misunderstood?? And when does it become okay for the coaches to do their job and treat him like any other guy? IMO that's where the Eagles finally went right with their dealings with TO.

You know I remember my days playing D-line at the Boys Club. I had the comraderie of my mates, the competition, the joy at doing well, and a COACH CLIMBING UP MY REAR-END FULL TIME!

This is football we're talking here, not corporate sensitivity training.

Archived