Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wash Times Clarrifies LA Story

JimmiJo

Lead Blocker,

Those are fair questions. Maybe Elfin did take some liberties. We'll probably never know.

But what's not in dispute, to my knowledge, is that LaVar invited Elfin to his home, and chose to answer questions about his personal situation. This 6 days prior to the biggest game his TEAM will play in the 5 years he's been here.

This was not an ambush interview on official team time where poor 'ol LA got blindsided and led by the nose by some wily reporter. This is a veteran NFL player, who has been a media star since high school days and knows his way around an interview.

The only conclusions I can draw based on what we DO know is that the man either allowed himself to be taken advantage of (again), which I personally do not believe given the history and his experience, or he had a personal agenda of some sort he wanted to advance, and chose Elfin to do so.

The question has been asked several times in this thread, and as far as I can tell no one has yet to advance an answer: What possible motivations for speaking on his own time to a reporter about anything BUT this weekend's monster game could he have had?

Great question.

The only possible speculation I can offer is that LA's understanding is that this would run later, after the season. I am also wondering if based on LA's comments, the Times deemed them to explosive to wait (in case he said them to someone else and they lost the scoop).

Do I believe this? No.

But it is maybe plausible?

Is it me, or have you changed your point of view since yesterday?

No, he's just trying to be sarcastic. And doing a very poor job of it.

He thinks that by speculating that Arrington could end up in Philadelphia, Dallas, or New York is going to strike fear into our hearts and give second thoughts. :rolleyes:

He fails to realize that these teams have beat us routinely in the past (and soundly) with Arrington as a member of the Redskins. The idea of the Redskins facing him on one of these teams doesn't frighten me.

Not that it matters. We aren't the ones deciding Arrington's fate. Not even Gibbs is doing that.

Only Arrington is deciding his fate right now.

Too bad he has never come anywhere near being as productive as either of those two have for their respective teams at the peaks of their careers.

It's hard to compare a 15-year QB and a 6-year LB in terms of productivity. Brett's played over two times the years of pro-football that Lavar has. Not to mention he's never had a season-ending injury.

As far as Ray Lewis goes, he has four more years of experience than Arrington and he has logged many more tackles.

What about sacks you say? In Lewis' most productive year he logged 4. In Arrington's most productive year he logged 11.

Besides, Arrington was speaking of popularity with the fans and he's right. Will that remain the same? Probably not.

Who cares. This is the NFL in 2005. There is no loyalty, no lifelong loyalty to any specific team.

I don't care what the names on the jerseys say. I care that the jerseys that say 'Redskins' win a lot of games. I don't care if the players wearing those uniforms were drafted #2 overall or not drafted. I don't care if they are media savvy or not. I just want them to win, and that is all that matters. If Lavar helps us win, great. If not, he should be replaced.

Who cares. This is the NFL in 2005. There is no loyalty, no lifelong loyalty to any specific team.

I don't care what the names on the jerseys say. I care that the jerseys that say 'Redskins' win a lot of games. I don't care if the players wearing those uniforms were drafted #2 overall or not drafted. I don't care if they are media savvy or not. I just want them to win, and that is all that matters. If Lavar helps us win, great. If not, he should be replaced.

I agree. I root for the team. There are players I admire greatly, but in general it is team first.

That's what FA has done to the league.

it's still no excuse to why the Washington Times would even do this kind of story..

to sell more copies...sorry..it sucks!

What would you have them do? They were invited to the man's house for an interview. They published the interview. They MAY have slanted the story, but they did not manufacture the quotes.

I know it was bad timing but as long as #56 wears a redskins uniform I'm not going to bash him as if he were terrell.I love the redskins and Lavar is still a redskin. I don't worry about us not showing up ready to put the smack down on philly sunday there's to much on the line to let an artical in the newspaper get in our way.Joe has been around the block before I'm sure he been in this situation before so lets get ready to lite the grill and tap the keg and enjoy playing for the rite to go to the playoffs for the first time in way to long

Gossip gossip gossip. Like a bunch of old women talking about stuff you dont even know much of the story about, because you cant wait long enough to see what the people who have a say, have to say about it, and decide.

As for LaVarr showing blitzes to early, heck no. He shows them and STILL gets into the backfield way before the offensive line can react. Thats just a weak excuse to try and pile on. As for that one play in the Giants game, he was offsides. But barely. That was some amazing timing, his entire body was on the correct side of the football, with the exception of the front of his arm. If his arm had been back he would have been onsides(and it wouldnt have affected how fast he got back there).

Guest GibbSkins11

hey LA do me a favor SHUT UP AND PLAY

i think we need a new portis character for this it can be called " the fan with the duct tape " .............. i think u know where this is going

redskins at eagles sunday 4pm , who cares about LA we got the biggest skins game in 7 years sunday:applause: :helmet: :applause:

I was at the Giants game Sunday, on the home team side. I watched Lavar come off the field and knock over the Gatorade table, spilling water everywhere and disrupting the trainers. He was very PO'ed. The thing was, while he was throwing his tantrum, the team was playing their best game in years. To me, that little fit is symbolic of what Lavar has become. He is more concerned about himself than the team.

So Lavar was doing a Keyshawn Johnson Week 15 impersonation on the sideline?

What a ****ing idiot.

Yeah, thats a guy we need on the team. :rolleyes:

"Arrington also said Monday a long dispute over his contract damaged his relationship with the team's management and kept him off the field."

Another telling thing is that he didn't fire his agents. You know, the guys who are responsible for reviewing any contract before he signs it.

"No, he's just trying to be sarcastic. And doing a very poor job of it.

He thinks that by speculating that Arrington could end up in Philadelphia, Dallas, or New York is going to strike fear into our hearts and give second thoughts.

He fails to realize that these teams have beat us routinely in the past (and soundly) with Arrington as a member of the Redskins. The idea of the Redskins facing him on one of these teams doesn't frighten me.

Not that it matters. We aren't the ones deciding Arrington's fate. Not even Gibbs is doing that.

Only Arrington is deciding his fate right now."

cool! let him go no strings attached. he will kick our arses. I just want to put some meat to the idea that he is a non entity of little value to the team on the field. if that is the case....just let him go outright and play for an NFC East team. shouldn't phase folks like you in the least!

but please, drop the argument of we have lost with him the past. that had its source elsewhere: the front office and its personnel/coaching decisions.

Well, you don't see me saying he sucks. He's not the second coming of LT, but he doesn't suck.

What folks are discussing in this thread are his actions in this interview. There is NO justification for the timing of this interview.

And NO, the team nor the coaches owe you anything besides a great team and winning. They are much too busy doing said goal to stop and personally give you and others daily progress reports on Arrington's situation.

This is exactly the kind of special treatment Arrington's ego wants and is craving.

And fans like you are egging on. :doh:

You can't make a post without some vailed attack can you? I'll continue to egg it on because I unlike you feel that management has as much to do with this as Lavar.

Poor timing or not, I'm sure Danny boy has his fair share to do with this entire situation. Post after post people are saying that we don't know the whole story because we're not in practice or deep inside the halls of Redskin park. Well that's a double edged sword. We don't know what Lavar has said or done but we most definitely don't know what the organization has done either.

I have my doubts that a person making as much money as Lavar, and has never asked for more than what he was promised (Terrell), would just come out with these obsurd statements if there wasn't some truth to it.

As for the timing you're a man, would you wait until it was convienient to the person treating you like crap or go for the juggular whenever you had the chance? Lavar is an emotional person that runs his mouth when he shouldn't, but I doubt think he planned this story to coincide with such an important game.

Don't know about you but there is no chivalry when it comes to knock down drag out and in my opinion that's what Lavar thinks this is. Good on him, let him get it off his chest. When he goes to another team I wish him the best.

Question is what will all of you "Lavar's a Crybaby" people say if he goes to another team, where he's not the center piece, and has a great career and we never hear peep out of him. Will you still think Lavar is a crybaby or will you think that the organization had something to do with it?

I've never heard Lavar say anything other than he wants to be a Redskins player. He's overpaid and may be a victim of his own hype, but I, for one, love him as a Redskin. He had to put up with being benched for Warrick Holdman this year, and he still said all the right things.

If he's not here next year, I'll miss him a lot.

Archived