Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wash Times Clarrifies LA Story

JimmiJo

Well, if we lose on Sunday now, Lavar is going to be at least partially responsible with these inane rantings. Thanks for doing everything you can to derail the team, jackhole. After all the crying you've done the past few years about wanting to be with the team when it turns around, you go and create a huge negative distraction the week before the biggest game of the past 5 years with the playoffs on the line. Nice.

I don't want this garbage on my team anymore.

NONSENSE, Get a grip and get a life. Are you that lonely?

You Really Think That About Lavar? I Mean Come On Man..Im Only 16 And I kno That One Person Cant Make Us Loose A Game..Look At Our Coach...Joe Gibbs..He WILL NOT let that happen so there no reson to go around pointing fingers at lavar for an interview and i think its pretty childish that your going to sit here and call him names and Trash Him..Garbage On the team well sir if lavar is such garbage why do we pay him so much? And garbage.. Hes a 255lb man and runs a 4.4 on the 40, i mean come on hes not garbage hes a great athlete and a great asset to our "D".Yes He May Have Some Issues With The Media But Thats His thing to worry about not yours to sit here and trash him About it like that. I Dont Mean To Offend You In Any Way If i have but..iam a huge redskins fan and LA fan..and i juss dont like the way your trashing him.:logo:

Lets Go SKINS!!!:eaglesuck

"You Really Think That About Lavar? I Mean Come On Man..Im Only 16 And I kno That One Person Cant Make Us Loose A Game..Look At Our Coach...Joe Gibbs..He WILL NOT let that happen so there no reson to go around pointing fingers at lavar for an interview and i think its pretty childish that your going to sit here and call him names and Trash Him..Garbage On the team well sir if lavar went to lets say...the chargers? that would just make there defense even better i mean comeone hes not garbage hes a great athlete and a great asset to our "D". I Dont Mean To Offend You In Any Way If i have but..iam a huge redskins fan and LA fan..and i juss dont like the way your trashing him."

geez...the voice of reason from a 16 year old! the objective is to make things better. to take the outstanding and shape it into the superlative. that is what leadership is about. if we have to go back and work on LA some more - then so be it. the get rid of him mentality is precisely the mentality that casued this team so many problems for so many years. absent any evidence that he actually undermines the team's ability to win....this is all a huge overreaction.

geez...the voice of reason from a 16 year old! the objective is to make things better. to take the outstanding and shape it into the superlative. that is what leadership is about. if we have to go back and work on LA some more - then so be it. the get rid of him mentality is precisely the mentality that casued this team so many problems for so many years. absent any evidence that he actually undermines the team's ability to win....this is all a huge overreaction.

I see. So it's been the Skins fault for not "working on him" enough in the past 6 seasons! They are the one's to blame for producing this underachieving man-child?

So at what point do you cut your losses? At what age do you call a spade a spade, move on, and wish him the best?

"fansince62"...........Listen, My family has had tickets since Marshall owned the team.....I'm sure I dont have to "inform" you of the numerous Lavar antics. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine this guy is a big drain on the team. And I guarantee you I'm as least as "knowlegeable" as you re: football, although your post was quite impressive and thought provoking.

Al, I must have missed the memo that this was Rage Against the Machine Day. Trying to figure out just what your intent is here.

Two quick questions:

1) why do you think LA talked to Elfin on Monday, and said the things he did?

2) what do you now think of his moonwalk?

I see. So it's been the Skins fault for not "working on him" enough in the past 6 seasons! They are the one's to blame for producing this underachieving man-child?

So at what point do you cut your losses? At what age do you call a spade a spade, move on, and wish him the best?

no... its not that the skins wont work with him... its the fact that so many have come and gone as his leaders.

He was a leader on the field and people on the sideline were his leaders. how many has he gone through. think about that. you would be in the same emotional roller coaster if you had 3 different fathers.

Im not trying to defend his foolish actions, yes they were foolish, but that does not deem bashing.

I still think he has the potential to turn himself around if he works hard enough...

whatever im tired of saying this repeatedly. Support the redskins and their players... there is a bigger picture, and if you all think focusing on cutting lavar or trading lavar is important you're just a couch fan.

we got the eagles and after the eagles we get road to XL. HAIL.

"It's crazy and unfair that something I had very little to do with derailed my relationship with management," Arrington said.

What the **** is he talking about?

He derailed his relationship with the team by ****ing and moaning about money that people he hired to represent him failed to ensure was in the contract. Bottom line.

Then he blamed the team for him coming back too soon last year. As if he wasn't quoted that he wanted to play asap even though he was still injured.

This guy is a complete TO impersonator.

And blind fools will be blind fools, whether avowed fans or not. Come on Al. Why does this ALWAYS occur with LaVar? Why is he the one doing these interviews in his home? When Ramsey was benched the Washington Post staked out his house. Ramsey didn't invite them in to do an interview.

LaVar's quotes weren't positive in nature. They were "I love me some me" in nature. Talking about how not playing as a sign they didn't want him when he, HIMSELF, said the knee wasn't right and the coaching staff was right to limit him, given he'd complained they rushed him before when he was begging to play.

Why is he noticing marketing efforts? Why is he focused on that? With LaVar it's the constant woe is me and, "Ooops, that's not what I meant," that becomes the problem. At some point people have to wonder why he keeps doing it and even blind supporters of his have to back away a little.

When the man says or does something dumb, you all know it. Why can't you admit it?

This post is hitting the proverbial "nail on the head". Couldnt' say it any better than that.

And why isn't this on the same lines of what TO did to his Eagles? This is not as severe but it's causing a distraction from a team with playoff aspirations.

Joe,

Please get rid of Arrington. The only thing that man cares about is himself. I'm sorry some of you "#56 fans" are going to take this the wrong way, but Arrington ONLY cares about money and himself.

Just bench him and cut your losses at the end of the season. He may not have been offsides last week, but it was too close NOT to be called. That was an undisciplined play by him. He's all about Arrington. Case closed!

Without going into details, I really don't understand how anyone can defend LA. I love him as a player, and sport his jersey at every game. But come on.....Art had a post I believe on page 3 of this thread that lists the many issues Lavar has had over the past couple of years. There is no excuse. He is an attention whore that can't handle the fact that he is not top dog anymore.

EDIT: However, assuming he has caused no disruption in the lockerroom, I believe he should play. He is a talented player, and if he can help on the field, then get him out there. I don't know whether or not he should be cut next year. Fortunately, a wiser man than I will be making that decision. ;)

Joe,

Please get rid of Arrington. The only thing that man cares about is himself. I'm sorry some of you "#56 fans" are going to take this the wrong way, but Arrington ONLY cares about money and himself.

Just bench him and cut your losses at the end of the season. He may not have been offsides last week, but it was too close NOT to be called. That was an undisciplined play by him. He's all about Arrington. Case closed!

Man I cant believe the way this KILLER is treated. GET RID OF HIM? Yea lets bench a guy who just standing there is a threat to ANY quarterback?

He tackles people with one hand,who knows what would happen if he gets a clear shot at the ball with both hands!

Offsides you must be BLIND,HE's THAT FAST! BAD CALL! BAD CALL! thats what that was,a BAD CALL!

I dont care what he or the local news papers say he says he that good that he should ALWAYS be playing unless he's hurt!

Press always twist question to try to get a story!

They ask questions so that no matter what you say your in the sh!t!

Lets talk about LAVAR NEXT YEAR!! NOT NOW!:eaglesuck

I would hate to see the REDSKINS with LAVAR on the OTHERSIDE OF THE BALL!

Can someone explain to me how he shows his face after making comments like this around Redskins park, coaches and players.. locker room etc..

I honestly think he is so self-absorbed that it really doesn't bother him. When I would hear him on the JT show complaining about not playing, I wondered the same exact thing. But, apparently he is comfortable with it. You don't have to be the brightest bulb to be a football player.

Can someone explain to me how he shows his face after making comments like this around Redskins park, coaches and players.. locker room etc..

While Gibbs is obviously pi$$ed over the situation, I don't think anybody in the organization is surprised by the comments. Gibbs will handle it in the offseason and the players know who runs the team and it's not Lavar. Hell CP has taken over the role of team leader and face of the organization.

:eaglesuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck

"He took the contract dispute and the lack of PT early in the season so personally."

and you wouldn't?

GSF....you're one of posters I listen to. my point is that we don't know what is going on behind the scenes and we're all willing to jump all over the man. this is neither innobling nor consistent with how (one would hope) we conduct ourselves in other areas of our lives. I can agree that the timing *ucks. but what has been the impact? no one has produced anything in this regard.

Yeah, I don't know if I would have taken those things that personally or not never being in that kind of situation. I don't think many players get as emmotional about that kind of stuff and go spilling their guts to the papers though. The only other player that really comes to mind is TO.

Just to be clear, I'm not one of the people here judging Lavar's character and so on. I'm one of the few extremers left that was really hoping Lavar would be back next year. I'm just trying to understand how in the world he could allow this to happen now. After readking the first article, I thought maybe the whole thing was just a play to get a chance to play in san Diego. After reading his "taken out of context" comments today. I'm thinking that maybe the poor guy is just very immature and a bit of a dummy, and that the press takes advantage of him to get juicy stories. I don't know, but it makes no sense at all to say these things now, but then again, it made no sense to complain about not getting enough PT when he was coming back from an injury after previously complaining about the coaches rushing him back to soon from injury. A lot of things this guy does just don't make sense.

As far as the impact created, how could we know? We don't know what's happening in the locker room. I think it's a safe assumption that no positive impact could be created from this. We also could easily see the Gibbs was pretty pissed off about the situation in his press conference yesterday. I'm sure at least a few players are wondering what in the hell he's talking about.

Man I cant believe the way this KILLER is treated. GET RID OF HIM? Yea lets bench a guy who just standing there is a threat to ANY quarterback?

He tackles people with one hand,who knows what would happen if he gets a clear shot at the ball with both hands!

Offsides you must be BLIND,HE's THAT FAST! BAD CALL! BAD CALL! thats what that was,a BAD CALL!

I dont care what he or the local news papers say he says he that good that he should ALWAYS be playing unless he's hurt!

Press always twist question to try to get a story!

They ask questions so that no matter what you say your in the sh!t!

Lets talk about LAVAR NEXT YEAR!! NOT NOW!:eaglesuck

I would hate to see the REDSKINS with LAVAR on the OTHERSIDE OF THE BALL!

How many sacks does LA have?

How many forced fumbles does he have?

How many INT's does he have?

Add those all up and it doesn't equal

1. His salary

2. How many times he has caused turmoil for the team.

3. How many times he has ripped the organization.

What makes you think all that will change next year? Please don't say he'll be healthy, he had a bone bruise on his knee not torn ligaments, he's as healthy as he's going to get.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

in an interview with The Times conducted Monday at his house in Annapolis

Monday October 3, 2005

:D

Seriously, LaVar has mental issues. He can't help himself, he needs to create drama. I think he needs medication like zoloff

His behavior pattern is much like my mother's extreme highs, then depression, and the constant pity parties. The paranoia that people don't like him, or doing things against him, the need for attention. He needs help.

How many sacks does LA have?

How many forced fumbles does he have?

How many INT's does he have?

Add those all up and it doesn't equal

1. His salary

2. How many times he has caused turmoil for the team.

3. How many times he has ripped the organization.

What makes you think all that will change next year? Please don't say he'll be healthy, he had a bone bruise on his knee not torn ligaments, he's as healthy as he's going to get.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

:logo: Second most tackles in giants game last Sunday!:logo: :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Archived