Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wash Times Clarrifies LA Story

JimmiJo

I could care less if management is upset......for all the talk of family...it is first and foremost a business. the players are disposable commodities. that is what LA is speaking to. name once instance, inside the lockerroom, where this has had an impact.

Yes, a disposable commodity who happens to live in a 20,000 sq. ft. mansion. I think we can all agree that he has been compensated very well?

And blind fools will be blind fools, whether avowed fans or not. Come on Al. Why does this ALWAYS occur with LaVar? Why is he the one doing these interviews in his home? When Ramsey was benched the Washington Post staked out his house. Ramsey didn't invite them in to do an interview.

LaVar's quotes weren't positive in nature. They were "I love me some me" in nature. Talking about how not playing as a sign they didn't want him when he, HIMSELF, said the knee wasn't right and the coaching staff was right to limit him, given he'd complained they rushed him before when he was begging to play.

Why is he noticing marketing efforts? Why is he focused on that? With LaVar it's the constant woe is me and, "Ooops, that's not what I meant," that becomes the problem. At some point people have to wonder why he keeps doing it and even blind supporters of his have to back away a little.

When the man says or does something dumb, you all know it. Why can't you admit it?

Well said, Art.

It's easy to hear the me-me-me tone in this article.

He's not talking about the Eagles. He's not talking about the playoffs.

All he is focused on is his lack of spotlight and the fact that the team is not "promoting him" (whatever the heck that means).

Arrington isn't as brash or arrogant like Terrell Owens is, but he shows the same childish, selfish tendancies that Owens displays.

I cheer for Arrington (as a member of the Redskins) every Sunday. But that doesn't mean I won't question his conduct off the field or in interviews.

If that makes me a "hater" to the ones BLINDLY devoted to Arrington, so be it.

I'm only blindly devoted to the Washington Redskins. No to any one player.

Certainly not to one as selfish as Arrington.

"And blind fools will be blind fools, whether avowed fans or not. Come on Al. Why does this ALWAYS occur with LaVar? Why is he the one doing these interviews in his home? When Ramsey was benched the Washington Post staked out his house. Ramsey didn't invite them in to do an interview."

can always count on you for the perjorative prologue!

know LA well do ya! best buddies are ya? had a heart to heart in which you learned the true depth of his character? what a crock. this is so one dimensional that it is almost comical. there is no context. there is no assessment of everything the man has going on in his life and what he has done. this is simply emotional pap belched by folks who are unhappy that there little sanctum of Skins happiness has been distracted temporarily. NOT ONE PERSON HAS ADDUCED ANY EVIDENCE THAT THIS HAS ACTUALLY HAD AN IMPACT IN THE LOCKERROOM. it's all a bunch of whiny children who are closet control freaks.

62. I have been an LA apologist and I don't have a problem with him wearing his emotions on his sleeve, in fact that's one of the things I love about him. But, his timing couldn't be worse than a guy having diarreha during a colonoscopy.

"Yes, a disposable commodity who happens to live in a 20,000 sq. ft. mansion. I think we can all agree that he has been compensated very well?"

what does income have to do with it? is there going to be a scale? the less scratch you make the more you are entitled to speak out? the timing stinks on this - we all know that. but so do the attacks - they aren't based on anything of substance. in fact, it is the fan reaction and media attention that is sustaining this! it should be dropped by everyone as insignificant......for the moment the answer to LA ought to be..."thanks for the input. we'll talk about it later. now let's get back to work."

Come on Al. Why does this ALWAYS occur with LaVar? Why is he the one doing these interviews in his home? [quote}

It occurs with LaVar because he is a ridiculous talent making a ridiculous amount of money. To compare him in anyway to Pat Ramsey is pointless. Ramsey is back-up quarterback, who lost his job to a 35 year old with a bad knee and elbow. LaVar is a Pro-Bowl linebacker who's contract is unwieldy. Anything beyond this is pure speculation and rhetoric

King.......the timing is bad. but the reaction by folks is all predicated on the notion that this will impact the game in philly. that it will prove disruptive to the team. and no one has established that. I don't see it. I think the team is going to go out there and dominate after a slow start. this will all be forgotten when the first drop of champagne passes between our lips.

or do folks think we will lose this weekend and that LA's interview will be largely responsible?

can always count on you for the perjorative prologue! what he said certainly wasn't dumb. what is being attacked is the timing. as for self centered....well.....that's in the eye of the beholder....and thank god that's a malady 99.9% of the posters on this board are immune to! wouldn't want any double standards....now would we?

know LA well do ya! best buddies are ya? had a heart to heart in which you learned the true depth of his character? what a crock. this is so one dimensional that it is almost comical. there is no context. there is no assessment of everything the man has going on in his life and what he has done. this is simply emotional pap belched by folks who are unhappy that there little sanctum of Skins happiness has been distracted temporarily. NOT ONE PERSON HAS ADDUCED ANY EVIDENCE THAT THIS HAS ACTUALLY HAD AN IMPACT IN THE LOCKERROOM. it's all a bunch of whiny children who are closet control freaks.

Can always count on you, Al, to allow a 1999 termination of someone you knew to allow you to ALWAYS side AGAINST team management when a player says something stupid. The timing was dumb. The CONTENT was dumb. No one here has any duplicate standard when it comes to remarkably foolish statements as LaVar allowed himself to make, AGAIN.

Apparently the only way you can find to defend LaVar's actions in this case is to pretend it has no impact on the players around him or cite a lack of personal knowledge of LaVar to say I don't know enough. I know he set up an interview with a reporter at his home last week. He had it this week. He spoke and made the statements he made. That's all the context I need.

LaVar needed the attention on himself. He made it so. It's laughable you seem to think we can't make a judgement based on facts we all have well in hand. LaVar needs to shut up. If he didn't speak, no one would be talking about him. And, of course, that is the entire point, isn't it?

"Yes, a disposable commodity who happens to live in a 20,000 sq. ft. mansion. I think we can all agree that he has been compensated very well?"

what does income have to do with it? is there going to be a scale? the less scratch you make the more you are entitled to speak out? the timing stinks on this - we all know that. but so do the attacks - they aren't based on anything of substance. in fact, it is the fan reaction and media attention that is sustaining this! it should be dropped by everyone as insignificant......for the moment the answer to LA ought to be..."thanks for the input. we'll talk about it later. now let's get back to work."

Well in all candor, I think you are taking an extreme view. Surely you can acknowledge that this is poor timing given what is before the team?

I don't know about the family part, but it is a team, and teammates should not do things that potentially disrupt the team's efforts.

LA has every right to think what he wants, and to say what he wants, provided it does not act to harm the organization.

You seem to portray him as a victim here, and this is a bit surprising as he engineered this story, and I would think, is media savy enough to understand the potential implications.

I wonder the same thing. Could the answer be as simple as Lavar is a big dummy and let's the press sucker him into saying these things? He took the contract dispute and the lack of PT early in the season so personally. Maybe the media knows if they just get him going something juicy will come out.

That, and perhaps he's being reflective because this Sunday could be his last game as a Redskin...and he knows it. That fact could be hitting him harder than many of us want to allow ourselves to believe...and when you combine those types of emotions with someone like LaVar who will let his comments tangent more than he should, well...

King.......the timing is bad. but the reaction by folks is all predicated on the notion that this will impact the game in philly. that it will prove disruptive to the team. and no one has established that. I don't see it. I think the team is going to go out there and dominate after a slow start. this will all be forgotten when the first drop of champagne passes between our lips.

or do folks think we will lose this weekend and that LA's interview will be largely responsible?

After the Giants game the Giants players spoke of the focus and effort we were playing with. A focus demonstrating the knowledge that a loss ends us. If we lose to Philly the only way it could happen is if we lose that edge we've had the last couple of weeks in particular. If we do, a reason for that, among others, will be one player already HAS lost the edge. LaVar is already looking beyond Philly to something else. He's the first guy on the team to step outside the mantra of, "We've got to win the next one."

LaVar is the guy who had the head coach have to focus on anything, even for a moment, other than the opponent. LaVar is the guy who has distracted fans from the game and onto him. Al, I don't believe you can be this dense when it comes to the impact of such immaturity in the locker room.

no. the larger point is that you have JUDGED HIS CHARACTER without any reference to everything he is doing, has done and might do. it's character asassination based on an interview associated with an ongoing dispute. it has been elevated in importance because it happens to intrude on a one week happy factor? please...if that how the essence of people is to be judged then there are more serious problems around here than an ill timed interview.

I agree that it won't be a distraction. Gibbs won't allow it. If anything, the Eagles players are talking about this and letting it take away some of that "revenge" factor they have in mind. :2cents:

Cut him

I love Lavar as much as anyone else, but this is getting ridiculous, everything you guys have said is true. Its too bad that Lavar can't seem to understand you can't say something one day, turn around the next and say I didnt mean it that way, what a joke.

Most people on this site do exactly that within the same damn thread...lol :laugh: ("Stop putting words in my mouth" is a common response around here when someone feels their direct quotes were taken "out of context" during a debate...heh)

no. the larger point is that you have JUDGED HIS CHARACTER without any reference to everything he is doing, has done and might do. it's character asassination based on an interview associated with an ongoing dispute. it has been elevated in importance because it happens to intrude on a one week happy factor? please...if that how the essence of people is to be judged then there are more serious problems around here than an ill timed interview.

Al,

This has almost NOTHING to do with this interview. It's the cumulative effect of constant drama with LaVar all spreading from the same origin point. LaVar's ill-timed immaturity and CONSTANT inability to accept any portion of the problem upon himself for any length of time.

Last year he's making announcements to the press that he's playing against Dallas and no way the team is holding him back. He plays. He has another surgery or two in the offseason, then, he complains the team rushed him back, ignoring his own statements to the contrary. So, the team slows him down.

He complains it means he's not wanted. Then, he says it was right because he had to learn how to walk again. Then he says it was wrong again and is a sign of something more sinister. Then he says the contract disagreement had very little to do with him without realizing it had EVERYTHING in the world to do with him. Apparently it's well known at the Park that the whole thing was over with until he read something in the Post suggesting everyone knew he had no case and he took that as a personal insult and extended the whole ordeal.

His side cancels several meetings, but when the league postpones one, he goes to the media and plays it up as the team avoiding the situation. The man is a big child who can't keep his OWN story straight. He's got some mild delusion in his very existence.

And what he needs more than anything is to get rid of the enablers -- like fans who constantly support any dumb thing he does -- because that's what allows him the strength to be so dumb. You and those like you who refuse to snap Arrington back give him the guts to believe he's doing and saying the right things.

Well, before he's misquoted again, at least.

Its all about how the damn reporter asks the questions. You never see the questions. Its obvious Elfin was pushing and prying to get juicy stuff. Lavar was an idiot to let those quotes slip from his toungue whether he really means them or not. I mean the very same day he was interviewed on the John Thompson show and it was all positive, all about the team, all about Philly because thats what the questions were about and thats what he wants to talk about. You think he's that schizophrenic that he would have two completely different viewpoints about the team in one day? Or do think that maybe he's just a little bit of an idiot???

"After the Giants game the Giants players spoke of the focus and effort we were playing with. A focus demonstrating the knowledge that a loss ends us. If we lose to Philly the only way it could happen is if we lose that edge we've had the last couple of weeks in particular. If we do, a reason for that, among others, will be one player already HAS lost the edge. LaVar is already looking beyond Philly to something else. He's the first guy on the team to step outside the mantra of, "We've got to win the next one."

LaVar is the guy who had the head coach have to focus on anything, even for a moment, other than the opponent. LaVar is the guy who has distracted fans from the game and onto him. Al, I don't believe you can be this dense when it comes to the impact of such immaturity in the locker room."

you are assuming that playing well and looking to a different future are mutually exclusive options. they aren't. LA can go out there and have the game of his life or make the right decision on every play he is in on (in the context of what GW expects). there is nothing, absolutely nothing to prevent that. he has said as much in COMCAST interviews. I have no doubt that that is exactly what he will do. if one thing is clear...LA is not someone who will intentionally undermione his team on the field. the gist of the argument here is that the timing of his statements has undermined the team's ability to prepare for the game. and I say...prove it. you can't. the best anyone can say is that this is a distraction. look at all the comments - they are mostly attacking his character...not the expected play of the team.

it's all speculation. not one of you have produced any facts (you know...that hyped up word bandied around here all the time) that any player on the team has been influenced by this or that the performance/focus will be impacted. the FACTS are that no one will know until the game is actually played. JG is doing exactly what I predicted in a different thread yesterday: he brushed it off and basically said our focus is the Philly game. remember - he wears two hats.

I have never understood why so many redskin fans worship this guy. He has been a "me" guy since the first day he put on a redskin uniform. His flashes of brilliance dont make up for all the negative crap he stirs up. Our defense has worked just fine without him, many times much better. Amazing what hungry players can accomplish when they are given the chance. **** LA....people who dont agree just dont know football and how important it is NOT to have players like him around. Peace.

Its all about how the damn reporter asks the questions. You never see the questions. Its obvious Elfin was pushing and prying to get juicy stuff. Lavar was an idiot to let those quotes slip from his toungue whether he really means them or not. I mean the very same day he was interviewed on the John Thompson show and it was all positive, all about the team, all about Philly because thats what the questions were about and thats what he wants to talk about. You think he's that schizophrenic that he would have two completely different viewpoints about the team in one day? Or do think that maybe he's just a little bit of an idiot???

:laugh: Bingo!!...lol...I love LaVar, but he is SOOOOOOOOOO stinkin' easy to manipulate in that way...it's more than obvious just watching him give interviews. He's not very good at pre-packaged responses...actually, he stinks to high heaven at them. I for one am not quite buying the "L.A. invited a reporter to him home for the sole purpose of bashing the Skins FO" angle...

Can always count on you, Al, to allow a 1999 termination of someone you knew to allow you to ALWAYS side AGAINST team management when a player says something stupid. The timing was dumb. The CONTENT was dumb. No one here has any duplicate standard when it comes to remarkably foolish statements as LaVar allowed himself to make, AGAIN.

Well that explains a lot. Just another scorned woman, I guess. That's really the only way to explain how irrational and out of touch with reality someone can be.

That, and perhaps he's being reflective because this Sunday could be his last game as a Redskin...and he knows it. That fact could be hitting him harder than many of us want to allow ourselves to believe...and when you combine those types of emotions with someone like LaVar who will let his comments tangent more than he should, well...

Thats a good point. I'm not defending Lavar here. I personally believe he is moron. But I also think if we win this game, maybe make a run in the playoffs with Lavar playing well, his time here is not done. Now if we lose to Philly.....

On a side note: OF COURSE he jerseys are flying off the shelf more than others.. HE blocked that for a couple of years and due to a mistake in his contract they finally hit the market... duh....

I think Lavar is a beast and was happy to hear his name all the time in the stands Saturday.. The off the field stuff is just ridiculous and childish.

Without reference to everything he might do? Do you have a crystal ball you can share with us? Oh, that's right I do - because I've predicted all of this. I can tell you what's in Lavar's future: Another story where he will try to throw someone under the bus for his lack of on field prodcution. Followed by another story where he will play the victim (yet again) and blame someone for misquoting him . These 2 events could happen X amount of times before he is released/traded.

Lavar's character assassination isn't based on one interview. It's based on 6 years of words and actions along with the words and actions of former and current players and coaches. But lemme guess? Everyone is full of it and Lavar is a beacon of truth and virtue? They don't really know the man behind the man, right? :rolleyes:

"Well that explains a lot. Just another scorned woman, I guess. That's really the only way to explain how irrational and out of touch with reality someone can be."

uh huh. another brilliant post based on facts!

1999? what the *ell....is there some Prince thing going on here I don't know about? man....speaking to principle can be so difficult around here. amazing since there are so many rational, factually inclined students of logic....none of whom demonstrate a distatse for ad hominems masqueraded as argument!

still love all of ya! afterall...we're one big Redskins' family....correct? and heathy families can withstand some differences of opinion....correct?

Archived