Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Compared to Brunell, how mobile is Ramsey?

TexasRedskinFan

Not really. Ramsey's more like Bledsoe. If he's got time he'll pick you apart, but he doesn't handle pressure well at all.

Ramsey should be fine for us against Philly, but he doesn't run roll-outs all that well. The use of our bread-and-butter Brunell roll-out is going to have to be scaled back a lot if Ramsey starts.

Not really. Ramsey's more like Bledsoe. If he's got time he'll pick you apart, but he doesn't handle pressure well at all.

Ramsey should be fine for us against Philly, but he doesn't run roll-outs all that well. The use of our bread-and-butter Brunell roll-out is going to have to be scaled back a lot if Ramsey starts.

Let us hope that all the time that Ramsey has spent on the bench watching Brunell and working with Brunell in practice, that Ramsey has learned something and improved that aspect of his game.

It's kind of like the difference between shooting a bullet and throwing one.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ramsey is not as mobile as Brunell, but Brunell has lost a step. I think the biggest difference is Brunell has great awareness in the pocket; Ramsey does not.

Also, Brunell is good on a roll out!

In a 40 yard dash type environment I'll put my money on Ramsey. In a football game I'll take Brunell.

It's not all about how fast you run, it's how you run. If your not comfortable doing it your going to be slow and look out of place.

Many of us remember the 20 yard run Ramsey had a few years back that sealed the victory over the Jets ;p.

This is not going to be easy for Ramsey. He has to figure out ways to make plays inspite of pressure and that includes getting out of the pocket and buying time. Then I say he should be okay against the Eagirls. If not, their blitz packages will have him on a stretcher by the end of the game.

Let's hope he has learned something and he is comfortable and doesn't get happy feet in the pocket. :)

I think ramsey and brunell are similiar in scrambling ability,but ramsey doesnt have the awareness or eyes in the back of his head to take off.

you notice that brunell starts running when the defenders are far away from him,so he can build up some speed and gain some yards. but ramsey always seems to start to run when the defender is right on top of him.

Archived