Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

what is the main reason for the redskins success?

krsone

Im sure there are many but the main reason for the redskins success is simple. Two words. Joe GIbbs!

yup. the hall of fame coach that came back to washington. many thought gibbs couldnt coach his 2nd time around. why, i have no idea. maybe they just dont know gibbs' resume or they just dont know coaching period.

look at the skins since gibbs retired in the early 90s. no matter what type of players we had, no matter who the head coaches were, it didnt make a difference. we sucked regardless. then gibbs comes back and what does he do? he brings back the redskins tradition. gibbs brings back the dedication and motivation only he can instill on his players. when gibbs talk, people listen. ive heard that gibb's was one of the best motivator as a head coach. heck,ive heard that gibbs was paid by corporations to make motivational speeches to their employees because he was taht good at it. everything gibbs does, you can see it on the players, redskin's community, the dc area, the fans..etc.

not only is gibbs a great head coach but only he knwos what it is like to be a redskins. he knows why we should hate the cowboys. he knows what it is like to play the cowboys on sundays. he knows what it is like to play the hated nfc east teams on sundays. he knows because he is a redskins. he will die as a redskins and he will make sure his players understand that. once his players understand what gibbs is all about, the rest will follow. players will act like a redskins. players will be proud to be a redskins. players will talk with sense of pride and tradition like gibbs does. players will understand what being a redskins is all about because gibbs will let them. once the players understand all this, team chemistry will be stronger than ever, everybody will be on the same page and they will go out and play every sunday as a redskins.

ive always said, football is the ultimate team sport and a sport where a head coach makes the most difference out of any. with that said, is it not obvious Gibbs is the reason why we are what we are?

Joe Gibbs' decisons are what are reviving us. No one thought trading Coles for Santana was a good idea, and people even rediculed him. Those people are awful quiet around now.

That, plus the fact that we've actually started using the running game. Earlier in the season we were throwing most of the time, but we started getting back to the usual running offense now, which means teams must respect the run and therefore get our receiver(s?) more room.

In addition to JG's philosophy. he has the ability to get top coaches who follow his direction. Remember the first thing he did was to fly to Buffalo or wherever it was to sign on Greg Williams. Once again it was not all about him, it was all about "The Redskins".

Joe Gibbs knows how to build teams. I'm not saying just gathering players capable of playing well, but players with the right character to fit in his system. You can watch the players on the sidelines, everyones together, offense/defense/ST they're all congratulating eachother, they're all in it... the Redskins are a TEAM. You won't find any T.O. drama in a Gibbs' locker room, because he creates TEAMS.

No no no ... you have it ALL wrong.

Do you think it mere coincidence that the Redskins suddenly start playing well the year Extremeskins is made the official team messageboard? Clearly it's us. Gibbs just happened to be at the right place at the right time. :silly:

No no no ... you have it ALL wrong.

Do you think it mere coincidence that the Redskins suddenly start playing well the year Extremeskins is made the official team messageboard? Clearly it's us. Gibbs just happened to be at the right place at the right time. :silly:

Self promoting huh,you need to take a time out :silly:

whether we are running portis outside, trading coles for moss, bringing in good asst coaches, having springs, cooley...etc, it all comes down to gibbs. he made all the decisions. my main point of this thread is , well ask yourselves this " would any of the coaches that have been here post gibbs taken this yrs redskins to a 9-6 record so far? would spurrier have taken this redskins to a 9-6 record? would turner and others have taken this yrs redskins to 9-6 record? would this yrs redskins been competetive in most of the games with the likes of spurrier, turner and others? "

Joe knows how to surround himself with the right people, and he understands what needs to be done to be successful.

And does it.

Even if that means admitting he's wrong, and moving in another direction. He's put together a group of coaches and players who love being Redskins, and hate to lose.

These are character people and I think we as fans are starting to get that. I can't say that these are absolutely the most talented group of redskins over the past 10 years, but I can't think of a group that I respected as much.

They've become a reflection of their coaches: Tough as nails, classy, accountable, and driven to success. If you've been paying attention during this 4 game win streak, you realize the only reason we've been able to pull it off is because of the tenacity (sp?) of those players.

And knowing Joe like we do, what else would we expect?

Im sure there are many but the main reason for the redskins success is simple. Two words. Joe GIbbs!

yup. the hall of fame coach that came back to washington. many thought gibbs couldnt coach his 2nd time around. why, i have no idea. maybe they just dont know gibbs' resume or they just dont know coaching period.

look at the skins since gibbs retired in the early 90s. no matter what type of players we had, no matter who the head coaches were, it didnt make a difference. we sucked regardless. then gibbs comes back and what does he do? he brings back the redskins tradition. gibbs brings back the dedication and motivation only he can instill on his players. when gibbs talk, people listen. ive heard that gibb's was one of the best motivator as a head coach. heck,ive heard that gibbs was paid by corporations to make motivational speeches to their employees because he was taht good at it. everything gibbs does, you can see it on the players, redskin's community, the dc area, the fans..etc.

not only is gibbs a great head coach but only he knwos what it is like to be a redskins. he knows why we should hate the cowboys. he knows what it is like to play the cowboys on sundays. he knows what it is like to play the hated nfc east teams on sundays. he knows because he is a redskins. he will die as a redskins and he will make sure his players understand that. once his players understand what gibbs is all about, the rest will follow. players will act like a redskins. players will be proud to be a redskins. players will talk with sense of pride and tradition like gibbs does. players will understand what being a redskins is all about because gibbs will let them. once the players understand all this, team chemistry will be stronger than ever, everybody will be on the same page and they will go out and play every sunday as a redskins.

ive always said, football is the ultimate team sport and a sport where a head coach makes the most difference out of any. with that said, is it not obvious Gibbs is the reason why we are what we are?

Joe.

I laughed my ass off when people were saying that Snyder hiring Gibbs was going to backfire.

That Pastabelly article after the signing still pisses me off though.

Funny that I haven't heard an apology from him about that since he has been proven dead wrong.

"As the O.J. Simpson trial demonstrated, once they add the bronze to the statue and spit-polish the bust, it's difficult indeed to get booted out of the Hall of Fame.

Lucky thing for Joe Gibbs.

While a jury acquitted Simpson, there's no way Gibbs isn't guilty of at least dubious judgment, and he'd do well to plead nolo cotendere to charges he has taken leave of his senses. Makes you wonder if Gibbs, 11 seasons removed from the NFL sideline, has inhaled too many fumes while standing behind his fleet of NASCAR entries."

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1702628

Odd that they made the rest of the article an insider only thing. I guess ESPN actually thinks people will pay to read what the fat ****er had on his mind when he went unfed and wrote an article on Gibbs returning in Jan 04..

what is the main reason for the redskins success?

Joe Gibbs.

Coach Gibbs..........THIS is for YOU!

(credit to Rod Stewart)

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Have I told you there's no one else above you?

Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness,

Ease my troubles, that's what you do.

For the morning sun in all it's glory,

Meets the day with hope and comfort too,

You fill my life with laughter, somehow you make it better,

There's a love less defined,

And its yours and its mine,

Like the sun.

And at the end of the day,

We should give thanks and pray,

To the one, to the one.

There's a love less defined,

And its yours and its mine,

Like the sun.

And at the end of the day,

We should give thanks and pray,

To the one, to the one.

Take away all my sadness, fill my life with gladness,

Take away all my sadness, fill my life with gladness,

Blondie

Just giving Joe Gibbs credit is too easy. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but there is plenty of credit to go around.

We also have to give credit to the players themselves; they have obviously put in a lot of hard work, study, preparation, and BELIEF in Gibbs.

But again, to reinforce the point, Gibbs is right at the top of the credit ladder.

Archived