Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Carter: "Redskins won't make the playoffs"

Rodriggo

Anybody who's seen Inside the NFL this season will remember Cris Carter has constantly ended any observation good, bad, or indifferent about our Skins with a smug expression and the phrase; "they won't make the playoffs." Now that we are sitting in the six hole with every possible tie-breaker over ATL, MIN, and DAL what does he have to say? I am literally cirlcing the Wednesday after Christmas so that I can remember to tune in and watch that moron eat a king sized helping of crow.

Ladies and Gents we're beating the Giants and they're losing at Oakland, hello NFC East and I am just going to sit back and watch every football "analyst" back track and stumble over themselves to praise Coach Joe and this team, but don't buy any of it. This team has grown before our eyes in these two years and while they're still not close we know it's going in the right direction but we might as well be playing in Siberia for the fact that nobody outside of PTI and Ditka has put us in the conversation.

Getting back to Carter, a part of me appreciates the fact that he says what he thinks and makes bold statements but shouldn't there be repurcussions? If you want to say we won't make the playoffs after week 6 fine, but when we do either you lose your job as a "football expert" or have to dress up like a hogette. Don't producers of the show have to ensure they don't completely alienate or antagonize one of the most prominent fanbases in football? We haven't been Texans or Niners bad right? Why do we either get sh*t on every week or simply ignored? Do you think the Giants or the Eagles in the same situation as us would be getting overlooked and disrespected as much as we do? There would be stories of the gritty Giants on a three game tear or the indominable Eagles with a fighters chance even at 5-6. Yet we don't get put in any playoff graphics until we absolutely skull f*ck the Cowboys?

For any fan this season has really been trying, from the agonizing loses at DEN and KC to the injustice of the Alstott 2pt. conversion and the three game losing streak, yet there have been more highs than lows, and it really undermines a team and it's fans when the reasons for success are always heaped on the doorstep of the opposition. We destroy the Niners because THEY are a div 2 team?, We beat the Eagles because THEY don't have TO? We beat the Cowboys because THEY weren't prepared? What excuse are they going to have next week when we pop the upitty Giants right in their mouths? They won't have an excuse because when everyonelse loses we'll be holding the brass ring and they will all be saying the same thing; "Hey the Redskins! where'd this team come from?"

Being a Redskins fan is hard enough, yet when the media is constantly underplaying and devaluing what you know is progress under the same criteria that they use to bolster other no account teams, it really gives you a chip on your shoulder. That's personified most by Cris Carter who had us eliminated before the half-way point. December 28th I'll be tuning in, Cris better have a spoon handy.

This same team lost games to the Bucs (ref call I know) Raiders (pathetic showing) and the Chargers in series a few weeks ago after a very strong 5-3 start even taking the Giants game into consideration.

Being the underdog isn't so bad. Gibbs in the 80's posted 10+ win teams every year when they were supposed to be 5-7 win teams. You get used to it but you know that they are better.

My biggest concern isnt the idiots, its whether Gibbs can get the team he wants even though we have so many insignificant players signed to contracts that 3-4 team players could play for.

We've had the coach for 2 years now and he has been tied down the entire time. The last offseasons biggest pickup was losing 9M or more of the cap (about 10%) to get rid of Coles who seemed to be a very good player to most of us. We got Moss in exchange and I know we have all been surprised by what he has done.

I just wish we had another decade with Joe Gibbs like we did last time because he will win with a team of his own.

I don't know if you all saw this one, but right after we had lost our 3 strait, Costas and the other clowns congradulated Carter for being dead on about the skins, the said, how did you know that the redskins would colapes? He said some shiz about Portis not beiing a good fit, and how he wouln't be used affectivly.

I will say that during the first Gibbs tenure, Chris was a total Redskins supporter, even when the others would pick another team to win he was steadfast in picking the skins, and he was usually right in doing so.

I know we have changed some things lately especially in the running game. I wonder what he is thinking now?

I watched a replay of that joke of a show Saturday morning. When asked who would win the game Marino and Carter both picked Dallas, Collinsworth picked us. When he said Washington they both joked and mocked him.

I cant wait to watch it this week.

I have but one question...What will the national media say when we make the playoffs????

This team has grown before our eyes in these two years and while they're still not close we know it's going in the right direction but we might as well be playing in Siberia for the fact that nobody outside of PTI and Ditka has put us in the conversation.

I take issue with "they're still not close". In today's NFL which is defined by parity, we're as close as you get without being a team on a hot streak like the Colts, but then they just lost to a team that may well not make the playoffs, the Chargers, didn't they? The hands down best team in the NFC is the Seahawks, and we beat them. I'm not sure what else we have to do.

What's most encouraging is that this team now has the marks of a Gibbs team. The problems in the locker room were all fixed last year with the exception of Coles and Gardner, who were dumped this offseason. The team has as much chemistry and spirit as any team in the league. There's only been one game in which we failed to appear, and we've won virtually all the games that really counted for us in our conference. The team has clearly turned the corner. And most of all, it's gotten hot at the right time which Gibbs' teams always seemed to do.

We're right there. Don't go off of how much the team is discussed in the media. For the most part, the media are a bunch of sheep who follow trends rather than have any vision. Go off of what you see on the field.

I take issue with "they're still not close". In today's NFL which is defined by parity, we're as close as you get without being a team on a hot streak like the Colts, but then they just lost to a team that may well not make the playoffs, the Chargers, didn't they? The hands down best team in the NFC is the Seahawks, and we beat them. I'm not sure what else we have to do.

What's most encouraging is that this team now has the marks of a Gibbs team. The problems in the locker room were all fixed last year with the exception of Coles and Gardner, who were dumped this offseason. The team has as much chemistry and spirit as any team in the league. There's only been one game in which we failed to appear, and we've won virtually all the games that really counted for us in our conference. The team has clearly turned the corner. And most of all, it's gotten hot at the right time which Gibbs' teams always seemed to do.

We're right there. Don't go off of how much the team is discussed in the media. For the most part, the media are a bunch of sheep who follow trends rather than have any vision. Go off of what you see on the field.

Awesome post, because it's true. :cheers:

I hate to say it but I loved Inside the NFL so much more when it was Nick, Lenny Dawson, Jerry Glanville and whoever the fourth was(I'm thinking Collinsworth). Carter only knows how to catch touchdowns and smoke base, Marino's still salty about not getting a ring, and Collinsworth...we'll he's still an ass. Bring back Nick Buoniconti , and Len Dawson!!

I will say that during the first Gibbs tenure, Chris was a total Redskins supporter, even when the others would pick another team to win he was steadfast in picking the skins, and he was usually right in doing so.

What are you talking about? He wasn't even an analyst during Gibbs first tenure. During Gibbs first tenure Cris Carter played for Philadelphia from 1987-1989, do you think he was a Gibbs supporter then? How about after that when he played for Minnesota?

What are you talking about? He wasn't even an analyst during Gibbs first tenure. During Gibbs first tenure Cris Carter played for Philadelphia from 1987-1989, do you think he was a Gibbs supporter then? How about after that when he played for Minnesota?

I was thinking the same thing. Buddy Ryan cut him for bringing a bong into the locker room and trying to share it with Randall Cunningham. Then the Vikings spent $100 to pick him up off the waiver wire.

I hate to say it but I loved Inside the NFL so much more when it was Nick, Lenny Dawson, Jerry Glanville and whoever the fourth was(I'm thinking Collinsworth). Carter only knows how to catch touchdowns and smoke base, Marino's still salty about not getting a ring, and Collinsworth...we'll he's still an ass. Bring back Nick Buoniconti , and Len Dawson!!

You are so right about that, the show at that time also showed more game footage. There was highlights from every game,good or bad, and less fluff segments. NFL films has great production and it is a shame that we can't see more of that and the show has been reduced to talking heads and fluff segements that take away from the spirit of the show.

This same team lost games to the Bucs (ref call I know) Raiders (pathetic showing) and the Chargers in series a few weeks ago after a very strong 5-3 start even taking the Giants game into consideration.

Being the underdog isn't so bad. Gibbs in the 80's posted 10+ win teams every year when they were supposed to be 5-7 win teams. You get used to it but you know that they are better.

My biggest concern isnt the idiots, its whether Gibbs can get the team he wants even though we have so many insignificant players signed to contracts that 3-4 team players could play for.

We've had the coach for 2 years now and he has been tied down the entire time. The last offseasons biggest pickup was losing 9M or more of the cap (about 10%) to get rid of Coles who seemed to be a very good player to most of us. We got Moss in exchange and I know we have all been surprised by what he has done.

I just wish we had another decade with Joe Gibbs like we did last time because he will win with a team of his own.

We overpaid for LaVar, even when he's healthy he get substituted out on a regular basis. We could have 3 or 4 players with his salary, he's the highest paid player on the team. We really went overboard with his contract, not to mention Brunell.

But this offseason I don't think things will be too bad. We don't have to worry about a 1st round draft pick, so that signing bonus can be used to land maybe a couple solid young FA's like Van Den Bosch or someone along those lines as well as drafting heavily in the defensive and offensive lines.

Archived