Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JG works over reporter

herb mul-key

Did you see that?..the last question of the PC today somebody tried to insinuate that Robert Johnsonis not injured how could he be on IR?

Joe took him down...

so far all I've gotten out of this post is a bad case of blue balls, details man!, details! :silly:

He did seem a bit miffed at the question, but I don't think he tried to take the guy down. He said that the league always looks at things like that (putting people on IR) very carefully, and that he's sure they'll take a look at this, too, but he was listed legitimately and the league will probably take a look at the X-rays and make its determination.

He did seem a bit miffed at the question, but I don't think he tried to take the guy down. He said that the league always looks at things like that (putting people on IR) very carefully, and that he's sure they'll take a look at this, too, but he was listed legitimately and the league will probably take a look at the X-rays and make its determination.

Someone mentioned that they thought Parcells was upset with this as well, since most of the guys on the injured list did play. Bill has also accused Gibbs of messing with the injury report more then anyone else. They talked about where once he had Monk injured but it turned out to be Clark :laugh:

Someone mentioned that they though Parcells was upset with this as well, since most of the guys on the injured list did play. Bill has also accused Gibbs of messing with the injury report more then anyone else. They talked about where once he had Monk injured but it turned out to be Clare :laugh:

i did think it was odd that bob played in az(?) then all of a sudden was on IR. this is not a funny situation at all if the redskins are committing fraud. i've never been a fan of cheating or using borderline tactics to gain an unfair advantage.

i did think it was odd that bob played in az(?) then all of a sudden was on IR. this is not a funny situation at all if the redskins are committing fraud. i've never been a fan of cheating or using borderline tactics to gain an unfair advantage.

mmmm.. he was listed as inactive in AZ.. he couldn't have played. His one and only catch came during the Chargers game.

Honestly if anything happened it was an issue of a typo in not getting him on the injury report. Reading his resume.. I don't see any reason why we would need to "stash" him anywhere.

Oh please. :doh: This is Gibbs we're talkin about here.

First of all the rules have been changed...

previoulsy if a guy was on IR (Gibbs era) he could stll possibly return for the season..Many teams did it including The Skins.

The new rules dictate that the player is out for the remainder of the season once on IR..

That's it!...

If any team wants to put a guy on IR to save him for next season (not that this is the case here at all)there is absolutley nothing illegal about it, and the reporter in question a just a piece of crap reporter looking to get some recognition at any cost..he's a Turd!

case closed!

Parcells would be one to talk about questionable injury moves, after all the time they took with Rivera yesterday, when he apparently was fine as soon as he got to the locker room. (it looked more like a chance to give the Cowboys a breather than anything else).

Unlike Thomas who was smiling and pumping up the fans and yet was pretty darn hurt the whole time.

I brought this up in a thread when they placed Robert Johnson on IR...he wasn't even listed on the injury report for the week so of course it's going to throw up a red flag when they put him on IR!

What's your point. Did RJ propel us to a win. How did we cheat? D@mn, some of this $hit is just plain stupid. Some of you need to get a life......

Dou you think JG would ever have his hand in fraud or cheating?

There are six IR slots teams can use largely because Gibbs was a master at using IR to stash players so the NFL implemented limits. Within those limits you can put six guys on IR. There are no real rules as to why for the most part. The danger in doing this is when you lose a guy like Thomas if you don't have slots available to replace him.

Someone mentioned that they thought Parcells was upset with this as well, since most of the guys on the injured list did play. Bill has also accused Gibbs of messing with the injury report more then anyone else. They talked about where once he had Monk injured but it turned out to be Clark :laugh:

Let's see......would this be the same Parcells who was infamous for claiming anyone the 'Skins had waived in the couple of weeks before a game with them, then cutting that person the week AFTER the game.

THAT Bill Parcells?!?!?!?!?

Cheers,

CLBinMD

Theres nothing unfair about playing players who are probable or questionable. Those are supposed to mean exactly what they say anyway. He'll "probably play", It's "questionable" meaning he might and he might not, we will see. So dont say thats unfair. Heck even doubtful is ok to play. Just means he probably wont but he could.

Archived