Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Advice needed from dads

twa

My wife gave permission for my daughter (almost 16) to go out alone on a date with a young man (17)who just returned from Marine basic .

So should I beat the old lady or the recruit? jk. ;)

But seriously,Any advice on handling this ?

He is a good kid ,but the only date she has had so far she was accompanied by half my family. :D

Teenage girls are a pain for this old fart.

...beat the old lady and the recruit :)

My daughters are 11 and 9, so I'm not at the point of them dating yet (though I can tell already the 9 yr old will be a problem when it comes to boys...a problem for them and me).

...anyone know where I can purchase a chastity belt? :D

About the only advice I have is to get a hold of some tranquilizers...for yourself ;)

I'm sure it will be fine...

My daughter's only 5. Sorry.

I imagine her first date will go something like this. Little boy comes to door to pick her up. I greet him frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog in an orange jump suit. Mumble something about jail and escape. Little boy wets himself and goes home.

How did he end up completing basic at 17? Finish school early and join? GED and join? Get in trouble and join?

For the first I'd be ok with it. The other two I would kill the old lady :D

Finished early and got permission from his parents,went in at the same time as his brother.

Never been in trouble,but it STILL sucks imo.

Brings back memories.

Came home from bootcamp and wore my Uniform thru the neighborhood went to my girlfriends house at the time (she was 16) Dad was at work Mom was home and said her daughter was at the bowling alley which was two blocks away snuck up behind her tapped her on the shoulder and after her shock she tackled me and smothered me with kisses.

I was respectful on the date however comma she did bless me with my little princess when she was 19

If she is a "good girl", the first date isn't the worry. It's after they've been dating for a while that is troublesome. Set an early curfew and find out where they will be and when they will be there. Leave open the possibility of a drive by to check up on her. Then just trust you've taught her well.

You ain't helping ND :laugh:

Ain't there a rule against fraternizing or something you could dig up ;)

Sorry

Her dad was strict I remember going to see her and the first month outside of school I could only talk to her at her house threw a crack in the door for 15 mins then after a throat clearing by her dad it was good bye. Then with patience I was able to sit in the front room for 15 mins before it was time to go I won him over to an extent.

I reminded her family how it was her who came on to me and on valentines day.

Do you know how horny people are after basic training?

I had to go to a class on STDs after I graduated basic and went on to tech school. I rates of STDs for new recruits went through the roof right after basic training.

The instructor for my class said "People are like rabbits after basic"

Good luck with your daughter. hahahahah

I'm so glad I have two sons....

yikes.

im not even going to tell you what i was doing with guys when i was 16 because you wont let her leave the house.

advice: meet the guy before they go anywhere (that's a given), make sure he knows her curfew and also stress he better drive well with her in the car, and IF THEY ARE GOING TO HIS HOUSE MAKE SURE HIS PARENTS WILL BE HOME.

Twa, I don't have any daughters, but when I was 18, a father of a girl I was picking up for a first date made a huge impression on me. The girl wasn't quite ready (they never are) and he invited me into the house then ushed me into the "study" and told me have a seat while he grabbed a drink.

I could hear him behind me making a hi-ball, then a moment later he said,

"I'd like you to have my daughter home by 11:00", right about then he was squeezing the crap out of my shouldler muscles (traps) next to my neck,

it was unbearable. I looked at his hand and he was wearing black leather gloves. Then he repeated himself, "home by 11:00pm, not 11:01 or 11:02,

but 11:00" I cried out a whimpering 'yes sir 11:00'. All I could think about was the guy strangling me, and I brought her home early.

Twa, I don't have any daughters, but when I was 18, a father of a girl I was picking up for a first date made a huge impression on me. The girl wasn't quite ready (they never are) and he invited me into the house then ushed me into the "study" and told me have a seat while he grabbed a drink.

I could hear him behind me making a hi-ball, then a moment later he said,

"I'd like you to have my daughter home by 11:00", right about then he was squeezing the crap out of my shouldler muscles (traps) next to my neck,

it was unbearable. I looked at his hand and he was wearing black leather gloves. Then he repeated himself, "home by 11:00pm, not 11:01 or 11:02,

but 11:00" I cried out a whimpering 'yes sir 11:00'. All I could think about was the guy strangling me, and I brought her home early.

:laugh: :laugh:

im gonna make my husband do this. what a great idea!

Oh, you can bet I will intimidate the boy,since he knows me and my son already it shouldn't be too hard...Probably bring out the knives for sharpening when he arrives :D

I just think back to when I was 17 :nutkick:

Archived