Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arizona Will Not Be An Easy Game At All!!! (Merged x2)

DCNightHawk

If we win and:

Chiefs beat Cowboys

Saints beat Falcons

Rams beat Vikings

we would actually move into position for the last wildcard spot.

Really, if you look at the schedules of those 7-5 teams, they are pretty tough. Dallas plays KC (8-4), us, and Carolina (9-3). Atlanta plays Chicago (9-3), Carolina (9-3) and Tampa (8-4). Minnesota plays Chicago (9-3) and Pittsburgh (7-5).

There is a very real possibility that the final wildcard spot could be had with a 9-7 record.

I am not afraid of any team except our team. We will win if way play as close to mistake football as possible over the next four weeks. We can not have dumbass plays like Taylor and Sellers who both got called for 15 yards recently. The holding inside our opponents 30 yard lines, the poor punting, etc.

We can beat anyone; however, we usually beat ourselves but Gibbs will manage to win this one and set-up a great game against the Cowpukes.

I'm optimistic as a person can be who attended the last two losses at Fed-Ex and had to see them win on TV (at least they played damn good). Realisticly they should be hungry for another win. If they play Arizona with the same intensity as St. Louis the result should be similar. A sucessful season will be if they can sweep Dallas!

:cardsuck: :dallasuck

Tricky one this week...

Arizona seems to match up against us well. Big, physical wide receivers. Small, very quick RB who will kill you if you miss tackles. A QB who puts up the production but somehow can't get the ball in the endzone.

This game scares me because of how good their passing game is. However, this team has been hapless all year and is coming off a win in which they amassed major offensive numbers but only found the endzone twice... against the 49ers.

I hate to remind this board of ancient history, but no matter how bad Arizona has been for however many years they have been playing in the desert, and no matter how good (or bad) the Skins were at that time, we ALWAYS played lousy out there, and almost always lost.

The loss to Arizona was the straw that got Norv fired in 2000, and what kept us out of the playoffs. Despite beating an excellent St. Louis team on MNF.

Too many times we looked great on paper, and layed an egg out in the desert.

While the win over the Rams made my week very good, let's not look at the NFL world thru burgundy-colored glasses: after the safety I felt another 4th quarter collapse coming on. 17-9 in the 4th quarter is not safe. We still play too conservative. We have to live with that, since that is Gibb's style.

IF we pressure Warner, he may fumble. But we have to hit him, and he is an excellent vet who knows how to get rid of the ball, and hit the hot receiver. If we let him hang around until the 4th quarter, we can easily lose to this team. If he hits Fitz or AB on a quick slant while we are blitzing, and we miss one tackle, then they got 6.

The Skins are a yo-yo: up one week, down the next.

IF we win in the desert, maybe, just maybe, we can knock off the 'Boys. Then the Giants game may mean something besides pride.

BUT are we good enough to win 4 in a row? We are too inconsistent, and injuries are piling up.

:cheers:

Game plan is simple.......

D: Pressure Warner early and often. That leads to turnovers (fumbles and INTs). Control Fitzgerald and Bouldin (do not let them break away for big plays-- tackle the man!!!!) they will catch passes. Minimize Arrington (JJ not Lavar) like we have with most RB's

O: Control TOP, run the ball with success, set up occasional PAP, execute and minimize turnovers/penalties.

ST: win field battle, eliminate penalties.

Do this we win......it's all about execution in this one.

We don't have to worry about fan noise.

If we execute we win..........

...play at THEIR house." not "there!
Dang y'all. You have to admit, you should learn their/there/they're and your/you're in like 2nd grade. It's pretty sad. lol

OMG, the Homophone police have finally arrived, I thought it would never happen. It greats on my nerves every time someone misuses a homophone here, but it's so common I figured that it's a waste of time to mention it, like shoveling schist against the tide. It's really a flaw of the language to have two words spelled differently but pronounced the same. Most languages only have one spelling for each sound. Maybe someday, given sufficient misuse, a single spelling will be excepted for each English sound, but weave got a long thyme to weight for that to happen.

In phack, I fingered yule haft two weight along thyme bee four yule sea sum won call doubt hear buy a poster for homophone miss use. Butt pea pole duet awl the thyme hear an knit dee tracks from the message the poster is trying two get across just like ms. pelt words due.

if we lost to Arizona, the Skins would lose half its fanbase

:laugh:

Not quite, but there would be a mutiny I think. Just remember that the Cards have exactly what hurts the Skins, a passer you can throw the deep ball to recievers that can beat our one on one coverage everytime. I still think we win, but only if we don't go in overconfident.

* Wishes we had just ONE DE that could pressure and old man like Warner, but knows that will not happen *

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

On paper, their team isn't that bad. However, when you look at their actual results, they stink. They put up a measley 17 against San Fran, despite that "explosive offense." Yes, they could have the best WR duo in the league, but they have absolutely NO running game to go with that. (Arrington averaging 3.5 yards a carry, Shipp 2.6) Their offensive line is porous at best, their defense isn't that good, and they have nothing left to play for while we have everything to play for.

If we can't beat this team and really take it to them, then we do not even deserve the opportunity to be in the position to challenge for the playoffs.

the Cardinals are 4-8 and are not a good team. you can sugar coat this game as a battle with a titan but the simple truth is this is a bad club that has lost to both good and bad teams in 2005.

the Cowboys and Giants both blew the Cardinals off the field.

if the Redskins show up with focus and a determination to win the game, they will.

it's that simple.

if they don't then it's going to be a dogfight with Redskins turnovers keeping the Cardinals in the game and letting everything come down to the fourth quarter.

what you worry about as a Redskins fan now with Brunell not having a passing game outside of Moss at WR and the defense missing some guys with injuries, are opponents with the capability of matching up and beating us up front to get sacks and then shut Portis and Cartwright down.

I don't see either the Cardinals OL or DL being of that caliber.

the Cardinals are 4-8 and are not a good team. you can sugar coat this game as a battle with a titan but the simple truth is this is a bad club that has lost to both good and bad teams in 2005.

the Cowboys and Giants both blew the Cardinals off the field.

if the Redskins show up with focus and a determination to win the game, they will.

it's that simple.

if they don't then it's going to be a dogfight with Redskins turnovers keeping the Cardinals in the game and letting everything come down to the fourth quarter.

what you worry about as a Redskins fan now with Brunell not having a passing game outside of Moss at WR and the defense missing some guys with injuries, are opponents with the capability of matching up and beating us up front to get sacks and then shut Portis and Cartwright down.

I don't see either the Cardinals OL or DL being of that caliber.

I agree completely

If you do not like the way I write please do not read it.This is a Football thread and not some College program.I finished the eight grade and went to work.I am now 70 and retired.I live a great life and when I read crap like spelling correction it pisses Me off.Some of My best friends do not post because of spelling.Who cares just post.I understand what the person means and so should you.Guys if you make a spelling mistake I forgive you. :laugh:

Rawrage, we gave Novak a shot and now he is playing with another team because we gave him a shot. He knew it was just a temporary situation. We have a lot invested in Hall.

Anyway the formula for winning this one is to not have turnovers, get a few INT's and have a decent running game. I say play Cartwright and you folks will be wanting more.

A loss to the cards means this team sucks to high heaven. There would be no excuse for losing to the cards.

Dont make up something about the cards being good, they arent. The team has 4 wins this year in 12 games. 3 of those wins were against Tennesse, San Fransisco and I think Houston.

This is a game that should be a pushover for even a poor NFL team, so id hope the redskins would win it.

Archived