Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

will the Skins make playoffs (Merged x2)

santanamoss89

Well there are 3 wildcard teams at 7-5, including Dallas, that loss today was a good thing for us. So that means we are 1 game back from a playoff spot. Now I think if we go 9-7 we are in the playoffs, just look at the wildcard teams schedule, they are fairly difficult.

Our only problem is the loss to Tampa.

Had we won that game we'd be 7-4, 7-1 in NFC play, and that would give us a tiebreaker over every other team either head to head or NFC play.

It's all good though.

We can do it. BELIEVE!

7-5 but nevertheless, I would agree. It is a tough road, but I think we can end up in the thick of it.

I have to wait until after next week to decide. The situation at WR has me worried but if we can pound the ball that would make me feel better. Today's win, a road win at that, may be the moral boost the team needs and now they can feel better that the playoffs is a realistic thing if they play tough the rest of the year. They win next week then they have two good teams at least at home.

Dallas is one team in trouble. They have a pretty rough schedule the rest of the way. Minnesota is playing hot but we all know they collapse at the end of the season and I think they'll stumble at least twice before season's end.

All I know is we should have the tiebreaker for a spot if we finish 10-2 in the NFC and that would make us 5-1 in the division. We'll need help from someone against the Giants too I believe.

Yes we have a small shot to win the wildcard at 9-7. We would have to win 2 of our 3 division games including the one against dallas though.

And in order for us to make it at 9-7, three other teams will ahve to choke. Thats a lot of chokeage. Yes, they have tough schedules, adn if we beat dallas I think they go 9-7. I think atlanta goes 9-7 too. Minnesota on the other hand is on fire.

I just don't see 9-7 cutting it this year. I still think 10-6 will be required to make it. Ever since the expansion of divisions it makes it tougher to win a wildcard. We'll need some help. We can pretty much write off any problem teams in the West. We'll need TB or Atl to start losing and Minnesota to hit their annual season ending choke. I see Minnesota at 9-7 when it's all over. This is where that loss to TB haunts us and a game we could point back at if we miss out with a 9-7 record.

I would have to say no... Good win today - and I expect a win next week but I don't see this team being able to go 6-10. I hope I am wrong - but the previous three games have killed our chances IMO. I am going to the Arizona game next week and will cheer my but off - its one game at a time right now.

I think we can do it. If we win out we are almost definitely in. The most important thing is that we absolutely MUST beat Dallas. If you look at the remaining schedules, you could come up with reasonable scenarios where we lose one of the other games and still make it. The thing that works in our favor is that(assuming we beat Dallas) we will have the advantage as far as tie breakers with anyone except for Tampa. It's also not that out there to talk about winning the division. If we can beat the giants and they lose at least one of their remaining games, we would be tied with them, but we would have the better division record so the tie would go to us.

Archived