Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

will the Skins make playoffs (Merged x2)

santanamoss89

We probably won't play Tampa. They'll take the 1st WC.

If we take the WC, it would be the #2 WC and we'll play either Chicago or Carolina, whoever doesn't get the bye.

I'd personally prefer playing Carolina. Not as scared. Chicago has a great D that could shut us down, plus they have Week 1 game tape of us.

I hope its Carolina as well.

1.) The Panthers are the weakest 9-3 team in the history of football.

2.) I live an hour from Charlotte and I could go to the game! :D

If you're an optimist, how about this scenario:

The Giants lose the next two (Philly and KC).

The Cowboys lose to KC and us (or us and Carolina).

Eagles lose to either Seattle, Rams, or Cardinals.

Skins, of course, win the next two.

Then we could win the division outright by beating the Giants. Our final game against Philly wouldn't matter. We'd probably be locked in as the #4 seed. We could rest our starters for a home game against the top wildcard, maybe TB.

I felt after the Redskins lost to TB on Alstott's 2-point gift from the officials that that loss was going to cost them the playoffs. Three games later, I feel the same. The difference between winning and losing that game is huge. They'd be 7-5 and have tie-breakers over everyone for the wild-card. Instead they have no chance to catch Tampa and are on the outside looking in for the other spot.

If we finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs by one game, which I predict will be the scenario, I will be both very proud of this team and very upset about the 2 point perversion in Tampa. But...they still have the power to erase that bad memory and make the playoffs in spite of it. To make the playoffs after those 3 losses and a 5-6 record would literally make me jump for joy.

If you're an optimist, how about this scenario:

The Giants lose the next two (Philly and KC).

The Cowboys lose to KC and us (or us and Carolina).

Eagles lose to either Seattle, Rams, or Cardinals.

Skins, of course, win the next two.

Then we could win the division outright by beating the Giants. Our final game against Philly wouldn't matter. We'd probably be locked in as the #4 seed. We could rest our starters for a home game against the top wildcard, maybe TB.

I'm an optimist, but I'm also a realist. What you're suggesting would be sweet!

But Giants would have to have a major meltdown to lose both the next two games. I don't see how they can host the Chiefs and lose, especially after losing to Philly. That's asking a lot.

Regarding Dallas, I think they'll drop both ours and Carolinas -- two tough road games. That's all I ask. I'm not greedy.

I'm not worried about the Eagles, because we have the tie break advantage (sweep) and also regarding division and conference records, if we win out.

Archived