Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite Saturday morning cartoon.

tlk2rn

It's sad really. Kids have nothing to look forward to today. THey have entertainment on demand. Saturdays mean nothing when you can have cartoons anytime you want

There was nothing like getting up at the crack of dawn, fixing yourself a big 'ol big of "Super Sugar Crisps", diggin for the prize and watching "Batman/Superman"

It's sad really. Kids have nothing to look forward to today. THey have entertainment on demand. Saturdays mean nothing when you can have cartoons anytime you want

There was nothing like getting up at the crack of dawn, fixing yourself a big 'ol big of "Super Sugar Crisps", diggin for the prize and watching "Batman/Superman"

You're absolutely right. Saturday mornings don't mean as much anymore. I caught myself looking at the Saturday morning line-ups for the network once and was surprised to see news programming and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Thundar the Barbarian

Tarzan/Flash Gordon

X-Men

AD&D

StarBlazers was on so early...

Gummi Bears

GhostBusters

M.A.S.K

Visionaries

Wacky Racers

Yogi Bear

I miss the little Rascals and Stooges

Followed by all the sc-fi Gozilla movies around noon..

Sugar Crisps loved that Cereal but it was second to Coco Puffs.

Marvel Heroes with AquaMan and company

Conan the Barbarian battling the Snake Demon Set

Spiderman (60 version was great as well as 80's version)

Comcast on demand under kids has a large collection of toons

Youngest nephew likes Nick's Danny phantom I did like the other show called the Ex's when watching with ND jr

You're absolutely right. Saturday mornings don't mean as much anymore. I caught myself looking at the Saturday morning line-ups for the network once and was surprised to see news programming and a whole bunch of other stuff.

you have a point. also alot of the kid's programming isn't cartoons but sitcoms and reality shows. :doh: don't get me wrong saved by the bell was nice but it was on after hours of cartoons. i remember i used to know it was time to go outside (around noon-1) when soul train and american bandstand came on.

kids are becoming more and more like mini adults instead of fun-loving kids.

Duck Tales was always my favorite show. That theme song is hittin! If it was still on, I'd still watch it.

The action shows I used to watch:

Thundercats

GI Joe

Transformers

Voltron

Centurians

Xmen

Conan with the snake guys

Dragonball, when I was younger the hobby shop was always my favorite store. Used to raid the anime stuff.

Visionaries, I still have a buncha these toys.

damn I watched alot of TV :laugh:

Stop that pigeon. I don't think they show it anymore. cartoon was about a rag-tag german airforce trying to stop a British carrier pigeon. With Dasterdly and Mutley, Hopzing......and the Pigeon

pigeoncast.gifpigeonstop.gif

yankeepigeon.jpg

d_m_v.gif

m-ani.gif

Gotta love that Muttley the Snickering Hound. I've had people tell me I laugh like him. :laugh:

Guest sith lord

The Superfriends, Bugs and Friends, The Smurfs, Alvin and the Chipmonks, The Flintstone Comedy Hour, Battle of the Planets and a bowl of sweet cereal. Saturday morning will never be the same.

You saw Battle of the Planets on Sat. mornings? Around here it was only on during weekdays. Kept waiting for Mark to hook up with the Princess chick. No dice :)

Not a favorite but I remember Thundaar the Barbarian and his rip-off lightsaber ("Sun sword"?).

The best had to be all the incarnations of the Superfriends. From Marvin and Wendy to the Wondertwins, it was usually corny but always entertaining in my young eyes.

With little ones of my own I get a chance to see the current Saturday morning cartoons with them and yes, they're awful.

Archived