Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Take off you skins glasses for this one.

TheGreek1973

Is it impossible to go 5-0 the rest of the season? I thought so until a Cowboy fan here at work said this to me.

"You guys have the most unpredictable damm team in the NFL. You beat Seattle and lose to the Raiders at home. You almost beat Denver and yet you can't score a point against the Giants."

he is right, how can I argue with him. However that got me thinking.

If we can go 3-0 against the Bears, Dallas, Seattle, lose to Denver on a BS tuck rule call, and lose to KC on a fumble return by the Rock why can't we win 5 against 3 teams that going down hill fast, and 2 teams we know so well and have at home?

Is it impossible to go 5-0 the rest of the season? I thought so until a Cowboy fan here at work said this to me.

"You guys have the most unpredictable damm team in the NFL. You beat Seattle and lose to the Raiders at home. You almost beat Denver and yet you can't score a point against the Giants."

If we can go 3-0 against the Bears, Dallas, Seattle, lose to Denver on a BS tuck rule call, and lose to KC on a fumble return by the Rock why can't we win 5 against 3 teams that going down hill fast, and 2 teams we know so well and have at home?

Well I see your logic however we have a coach that is too easy going and too fixated on blaming bad calls then teaching the killer instinct. Gibbs needs to let his anger out and have a nasty streak. To me he is too nice and easy going now but on the other hand why really do the right things when your making over 5 million a year regardless. The skins need a coach like Billicheck or Shanahan, a hard nosed nasty SOB, not some easy going nice guy. Sorry but I have to call it as I see it. :2cents:

because we have 1 good receiver, a freakishly, unusually healthy offensive line (meaning they could get injured between now and game 16), winning 5 in a row is very difficult to do, and lastly because the NFL and the refs hate the Redskins and will find any way to make sure the skins don't make the playoffs.

The End. :(

Edit: oh and because we haven't swept the cowboys in a long ass time.

Well I for one will be rooting for them each and every game, each and every play 'til they run down the curtain on this season. Will I bet a limb on it? Nooooo, probably not, but we COULD just get hot (or even lukewarm) and surprise some people.

Did you also predict that the Redskins would go 15-1 at the beginning of the season? We've been unable to win some of these games at home, including a game against a fairly pathetic Oakland Raiders. You've got to walk before you run. The Skins are hobbling along and not likely to win the remaining 5. I think we would be doing good to go 3-2.

we do have the most unpredictable team in the NFL. we hang 52 against SF and then turn around and get shutout in NY. Who does that? I dont care who the teams are..nobody scores 52 and then 0. Its just ridiculous. If you care about the teams we play than explain this: we score 35 against the number 1 Defense in the league and then turn around and score 6 against a terrible Raiders defense at HOME!

The point is you never know which team is going to show up when the ball is kicked off on Sundays.

We've been predictable the last 3 weeks

I have posted recently that the Washington redskins basically win every game they are "supposed" to lose and lose every game they are "supposed" to win.

I'll admit San Diego was an anomaly but Casey Rabach (no offense, Case) was the tipper on that game. :)

Anyway- Are we "supposed" to beat St. Louis? :(

This team is so UNpredictable is dead right.

We could go 5-0 as easily as we could go 0-5.

I could see us win at STL then lose to the Cards...get blown out by 40 to Dallas and then beat the Giants in OT....followed by a career performance by McMahon leading to a blowout loss in week 17 to the Iggs.

I thought for sure we'd get blown out by the Chargers.....yet I thought we smash the Raiders.

I think if we go 9-7 somehow and the Giants beat the Cowboys this week (and both of them going 9-7) along w/our 7th loss coming to either Ariz or STL that we will make it by tiebreakers (divisional rec).

But us going 9-7 looks bleek considering how we have fared recently (last 3 games).

I still believe we can do it.....Im not expecting it....but I will watch until the season has been completed regardless of record.

The unpredictability is the mark of an undisciplined squad. So are penalties and turnovers. :(

Hard to believe on a Joe Gibbs team.

This is true. At the same time though, shaking a losing culture is hard and as much as we fans hate it, takes time to change.

I'm just thankful that Gibbs is back but more importantly, I'm glad that the coaching staff is not in constant flux around here anymore. I believe this stability will eventually pay off.

As fans, we just need to keep reminding ourselves of that and I'll be the first to admit that sometimes, it's damn hard to be patient with this team.

Well I see your logic however we have a coach that is too easy going and too fixated on blaming bad calls then teaching the killer instinct. Gibbs needs to let his anger out and have a nasty streak. To me he is too nice and easy going now but on the other hand why really do the right things when your making over 5 million a year regardless. The skins need a coach like Billicheck or Shanahan, a hard nosed nasty SOB, not some easy going nice guy. Sorry but I have to call it as I see it. :2cents:

:stick:

The reason Bellicheck and Shanahan are successful is because their programs have stability. They have had the same coaches, system, and players for a long time. (Same thing with Bill Cowher, Andy Reid, and Dick Vermeil).

And here you are advocating more change! That is the reason we have struggled this decade. All we do is change. We need stability. Give Gibbs some time.

I could deal with a new offensive coordinator and/or new offensive assistants other than Musgrave. Although Don Breaux and Jack Burns' playcalls ultimately have to be approved by Gibbs, I'd like a more aggresive and more modern offensive mind calling the plays. Someone experienced but capable of GREAT mid-game adjustments.

Our ability to make halftime adjustments or mid-game adjustments is weak compared to what we thought was possible with this group. Sometimes it seems we are outmatched and that opponents have gone on record stating that they can predict what the play is based on our formation, as the Chargers were quoted as saying as well as other teams last year.

And the Counter Trey needs to be retooled, it never gets more than 4 yards.

I hope so but its hard to me to believe. I mean we havent even won a road game yet! i think if we can get 2 w's in these road games then we are putting ourselves in good position i really think we can beat the G men and Cowgirls at home. but the last 3 weeks dosnet give me much hope. HTTR

I could deal with a new offensive coordinator and/or new offensive assistants other than Musgrave. Although Don Breaux and Jack Burns' playcalls ultimately have to be approved by Gibbs, I'd like a more aggresive and more modern offensive mind calling the plays. Someone experienced but capable of GREAT mid-game adjustments.

Our ability to make halftime adjustments or mid-game adjustments is weak compared to what we thought was possible with this group. Sometimes it seems we are outmatched and that opponents have gone on record stating that they can predict what the play is based on our formation, as the Chargers were quoted as saying as well as other teams last year.

And the Counter Trey needs to be retooled, it never gets more than 4 yards.

Yea i agree, you cant almost see opposing D's crowding the side we are going to run. I think the counter trey would work better if we could get that stretch play to gain more yards on first down or even that plays up the middle. If we can get those solid runs on first down then we get hit them with the counter on 2nd down. Unfotuanly i only trust Randy Thomas pulling Derrick Dockery just dosent seem to get off the ball quick enough, but i really feel that the counter needs to be set up by effective running which just isnt happening this is a play even with portis that can be effective him reading a block and either cutting in or out depending out the pullng guard. you also need a great inside seal by your Tackles and i just dont trust Samuels to do that consistantly with his knee.

We need to use an alternate play that looks exactly like the counter-trey when we line up, but turns into play-action or something else when we run it. If we do that one out of every 3 or 4 times we run the counter-trey, we should be able to make more yardage on both the counter-trey and the fake counter-trey.

Yep..but that can't erase hope....

every season a handful of teams turn it around..

while some back into the playoffs, some get on a win streak..

I'll still take my chances with Gibbs who has been known for his win streaks more than his losing streaks!

Killer instinct is the cure!!!!!

Archived