Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

portis is an idiot

70th Week

I have to be honest. I don't find him funny at all. I find it actually painful to watch his interviews, but he's the 'skins starting RB, so I watch them all. Despite his poor humor, I think he's a hell of a running back and anything but an idiot. He works his butt off, and I will never question his dedication or hard work.

The weekly characters are annoying and retarded. I don't like seeing this stupid crap when the team has been on the skid. I can tolerate it if we were winning, but it's funny for all the wrong reasons right now.

I want to see a guy who is supposed to be a leader on this team have a business like approach in times like this... not goof off like a 2nd grader at a halloween shop.

Bubba,

Do you not agree that instead of his stupid childish characters he along with the offensive line should be working and studying to see tendencies in the Rams defensive line?

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe they've been doing that since Tuesday? How is dressing up for the media and having a little fun for half an hour disrupting how hard their working when practice is over??

you guys are some vultures, when were wining you have no problem but when were losing your quick to make comparasons to portis and betts, and get pissed off over stuff portis does for 10 minutes of his time. hes been playing hard all season. **** i rember when he ran down the iggles player down after a fumble, if somebody did that in KC we prolly wouldnt have lost that game either, he hustles does his job on sunday. let the man live a little. if you take life to seriously your not gonna survive..

And who cares if he did come out all business- I REALLY COULD GIVE TWO ***** WHAT HE SAYS EITHER WAY- IT'S HOW YOU PERFORM.

Since when does anyone care about sport talk- blah blah blah, we need to win games, blah blah blah, this is it, blah blah, blah we all want this. Who really cares, you all act like their gonna tell you the game plan for the week or something actually pertinent. Get real, it's a joke anyway-media ?'s- get real.

you guys are some vultures, when were wining you have no problem but when were losing your quick to make comparasons to portis and betts, and get pissed off over stuff portis does for 10 minutes of his time. hes been playing hard all season. **** i rember when he ran down the iggles player down after a fumble, if somebody did that in KC we prolly wouldnt have lost that game either, he hustles does his job on sunday. let the man live a little. if you take life to seriously your not gonna survive..

You have to understand dude, these people are idiots. they know squat about football.

I recall characters like John Riggins that did silly things on a regular basis that did not get as much criticism. Anybody remember him telling Supreme Court Justice O'Connor to lighten up at a formal dinner and then passing out under the table. It was taken as a light-hearted moment of boys-will-be-boys and we moved on because he performed well on the field.

Fellas, he is not missing team meetings to get dressed up. He is only having fun with the media day routine. Relax, it is not that serious. Portis is not even in Riggins category of outrageous behavior, so let's focus on his good performances on the field.

The weekly characters are annoying and retarded. I don't like seeing this stupid crap when the team has been on the skid. I can tolerate it if we were winning, but it's funny for all the wrong reasons right now.

I want to see a guy who is supposed to be a leader on this team have a business like approach in times like this... not goof off like a 2nd grader at a halloween shop.

Reading is fun!!

Today's Washingtonpost:

....he (Portis) said he had planned to curtail his media theatrics, given the three-game losing streak, but changed his mind at his teammates' urging. "They said we need something positive around here," Portis said.

WP

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe they've been doing that since Tuesday? How is dressing up for the media and having a little fun for half an hour disrupting how hard their working when practice is over??

Perhaps I acted to harshly in regards to CP's alter ego's however I just don't feel the seriousness in this tenure thus far with the Gibbs regime. But then again today's professional athletes are handed the world. Anytime a profesional athlete makes more than doctors, educators etc. I should realize that things are out of whack. Cp isn't hurting anyone and if I don't want to watch him I don't have too. I would just like to see the serious side of these athletes, but I guess it's hard when no matter what you are picking up a check every monday at FEDEX for $80,000 as well as endorsement money and signing bonuses. I want my skins to be great again. I want to again feel as I did when the parades were in DC for the SB champs. Maybe many can't remember those days but GOD how I do. :refill: :chestram:

The problem with this is the reporters have some serious questions that deserve serious answers. The man had those false dentures in, and could hardly be understood. These writers are professional, just trying to do their job, and deserve a professional response to questions asked. On the other hand, it is funny as hell. However, it would be a lot more funny if we had a winning streak, and not a losing streak. We all need to lighten up on this team, as I have posted recently. They are still in the hunt, and I know a lot you feel we aren't, but don't give up on Gibbs, he seems to work better with pressure, and he did inherit this mess. 2 years is just not enough time to fix what was leftover to him. We run the table, until they prove otherwise, we have a chance.

honestly. the man is having fun. we could use some light heartedness in a season that has gone as sour as this one has. every thursday the first thing i do is watch his press conferences. as he says, his team enjoys it, many fans enjoy it, and if you dont, dont watch the press conference. he's performing on the field, and he'd trying to life the pervasive depressing spirit that has invaded this town since the last last playoff appearance in the stephen davis jig days. just relax, and realize that what he's doing is the best thing for the situation.

This is why FEDEX field is not the LOUDEST and rowdiest stadium in the NFL. We have select fans that are stuck up, arrogant, and whiny. Does CP's antics during his press conference on Thursdays affect how the team plays on Sundays? NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.

Stop b!tchin about irrelavant BS that has NO effect on the outcome of the game! If you wanna gripe, gripe about th OL not performing to it's potential or the D as a whole not performing to it's potential.

This "CP is an idiot" for dressing up and having FUN and pointless press conferences is menial and although I understand that some people might find it corny or disruptive, it really ins't. CP is performing better than ANY of us could have hoped for. He does his job on the football field. The fact that he doesn't have the long runs or the Sean Alexander-like TD totals doesn't mean he is an integral cog in the make up of this team. What would happen if he didn't pick up the blocks that he does on passing down? What would happen if he doesn't make key catches out of the backfield?

The moral of the story stop be curmudgeonly and support this team. This team needs us now more than ever. We don't need to be prudes to enjoy football. I can remember watching football on TV and seeing RFK BOUNCIN' and barely being able to hear the announcer. Let's turn FEDEX into a feared stadium to visit like RFK once was!

CP is my hero!

Perhaps I acted to harshly in regards to CP's alter ego's however I just don't feel the seriousness in this tenure thus far with the Gibbs regime. But then again today's professional athletes are handed the world. Anytime a profesional athlete makes more than doctors, educators etc. I should realize that things are out of whack. Cp isn't hurting anyone and if I don't want to watch him I don't have too. I would just like to see the serious side of these athletes, but I guess it's hard when no matter what you are picking up a check every monday at FEDEX for $80,000 as well as endorsement money and signing bonuses. I want my skins to be great again. I want to again feel as I did when the parades were in DC for the SB champs. Maybe many can't remember those days but GOD how I do. :refill: :chestram:

Geez I didn't think this thread was STILL going on....you're right he isn't hurting anyone, and if you wanna see a serious side to him, look no further than each and every sunday. I've said it once and i'll say it again there is nothing wrong with what he is doing on OR off the field

Man, this place really makes me sick, I only post here a few times here and there, but I do lurk and reading some of the people's comments is just insane..

Lighten up guys, yeesh.

I for one love CP when he started doing this, and I still love it now. He didn't want to do it anyways, his teammates said it's something to keep the morale up because they need it.

Some of you guys really need to lighten up and remember, football is just a game. :doh:

I heard exactly the same thing about him telling his team mates he was going to stop, but they asked him not to because of team morale.

I think portis is a great back, the schemes we run are terrible and don't give him the chance to hit holes for big games.

Also people feel that maybe Portis should be in mourning - I learned a long time ago that the fans are the people who dwell on the loses, on missed kicks, incomplete passes - the players treat it as a game, they might be sad a few hours then they go out and enjoy their riches. the fans all mope around complaining and belly aching for a week or in my case the past 3 weeks :(

Archived