Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

portis is an idiot

70th Week

:doh:

Sorry about that, lost my temper for a moment. I still feel that calling him an idiot is a bit harsh.

Compared with what we saw out of Portis last year, I am very impressed with his work ethic and his dedication to the team. He has turned into a totally different runner since he has been here. He has been nothing but a team player, if he needs to dress up to relieve some pressure or have some fun, more power to him.

geez, lighten up

Bubba,

Do you not agree that instead of his stupid childish characters he along with the offensive line should be working and studying to see tendencies in the Rams defensive line? I could see if we were first in the conference but IMHO this is a waste he is getting out of hand with all these characters he comes up with. Maybe Gibbs should be more like Shanahan and not allow his starting running back to run a muck and be teh center is stupis attention while the season further flushes down the toilet. :notworthy :applause:

geez, lighten up

Bubba,

Do you not agree that instead of his stupid childish characters he along with the offensive line should be working and studying to see tendencies in the Rams defensive line? I could see if we were first in the conference but IMHO this is a waste he is getting out of hand with all these characters he comes up with. Maybe Gibbs should be more like Shanahan and not allow his starting running back to run a muck and be the center of stupid attention while the season further flushes down the toilet. :notworthy :applause:

ya'll gotta freakin' lighten up. seriously.

although we are in a tough situation right now, football is supposed to be a fun sport. that press conference is gonna take away 10-15 minutes of his time anyway, however he does it is his thing. on the practice field, he wears no costumes... just his helmet and pads...

let the man do what he wants...

relax.

For heavens sake. these costumes might not roll on the floor hysterical, but they're amusing.

I have to imagine these players find the press conferences they have to do stupid, so why not do something a little unique. And it's not like these costumes have any effect on his play. As someone already so estutely said "Geez! Lighten up!" (I added the capitalization and the exclamation points.)

There are some real jerk-offs on this board...go ahead, ban me....

I guess there's no place for individuality is there?

Anyone who's cracked a grin at Portis is suspect? I think anyone who posts a response like that is suspect.

You can talk :pooh: want. The fact is that you can't wait till Thursday to see what he's gonna come out with next. Perhaps you're just disgruntled because you have no capacity to be creative....

PS - The guy's #4 in the NFC in rushing yards and will most likely break 1000 this week. Apparently, he's not doing all that bad...

Man, this place really makes me sick, I only post here a few times here and there, but I do lurk and reading some of the people's comments is just insane..

Lighten up guys, yeesh.

I for one love CP when he started doing this, and I still love it now. He didn't want to do it anyways, his teammates said it's something to keep the morale up because they need it.

Some of you guys really need to lighten up and remember, football is just a game. :doh:

I'll go along with Coach Williams:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/sports2day/249247_topright22.html

Is Clinton Portis Crazy?

SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER STAFF

First there was Southeast Jerome, a masked man in a black robe and wig.

Then Southeast Jerome died, as announced by Dr. I Don't Know, who claimed to have performed the autopsy. Dr. I Don't Know was replaced by Sheriff Gonna Getcha, who said he was heading the investigation into Southeast Jerome's death. Last week Dolla Bill (pictured at left) replaced the sheriff.

They all look suspiciously like standout Redskins running back Clinton Portis, and they all show up for Portis' Thursday interview sessions with reporters. Each week he dons a more outrageous outfit, with wigs and novelty sunglasses, to the amusement of his teammates and the Redskins press corps.

Defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is known as a serious type, but he said he has no problem with the antics because no one plays harder on Sundays.

"He's a great personality and he has a great sense of humor," Williams told Redskins.com. "He has a great wit about him. As squirrelly as he is, when he comes to play on Sunday, he plays hard. He has my respect because of how hard he plays, even if he wants to be a little goofy during the week."

Ok let's be serious. This is not effecting how much time he spends looking at the Rams. How long do you think it takes to come up with a character like this?

1. stop by the dollar(or thrift) store the night before the press conference,

2. pick up some weird things you see.

3. Wear them.

4. Make something up right before you go out there.

Portis' costumes have been the one shiny point of this losing streak... :laugh:

Whatever makes the dude float. His costumes aren't the reason why we have been losing. You can kinda' tell he's a more clever dude than he lets on. Hopefully the team's resolve has changed a bit this weak, but we haven't been losing because of his costumes.

Archived