Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

portis is an idiot

70th Week

Well the only thing I have stuck up me is the bitter burning of all these close losses. I am serious and a season ticket holder. I bleed the skins and I am just tired of all these years of losing. I am also tired of 21 year old kids questioning my opinions but that is what is great about ES being able to read others points of views and expressing myself to others without immature comments about having something stuck in my rectal cavity :notworthy

Maybe all 21 yr old "kids" don't need to talk about having things in your rectal cavity, that was a stretch trying to find a way to insult people who you seem to think you are above. Age should have nothing to do with this. Maybe you are just being a little ridiculous, w/o anything up your butt.

It's sad to see people talking badly about a guy who gives 110% on sunday and is trying to lift the team up through a rough spot. I hate losing more then anyone, but don't search out reasons to blame our franchise RB.:2cents:

Do I think it looks foolish...uh, hell yeah. Do I think it works?? Uh, we'll find out. If this is the motivation that is needed to kick some @ss then be my guest. Personally, for me, if he truely wanted to be a team leader then it would take a running back showing up for his meetings with the press and saying "The time for lightening things up are over. It's time to get serious! And it starts with me! We need to start winning or we are going to be sitting at home watching other teams in the playoffs." But then again I am not a pro football player, either, so who am I to judge. :D

This discussion should really be held off until the regular season is over.

Go 5-0 and it was great motavation...

Go 0-5 and he's an @ss....

Go somewhere in the middle and then have this arguement all the way through the offseason rather than discussing more important things about this team.

That's my two cents.... :cheers:

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

He comes off as very childish. I'm sure he appeals to the < 25 year old posters on the board, but not any of the coaching staff, sponsers, or season ticket holders.

He's making a mockery of himself when his intentions are similar to Chad Johnson's inentions...for some reason Chad Johnson's antics seem amusing and Portis seems child-like

:cheers:

Wow he's just trying to the lighten the mood and keep everyone happy. He's almost got another 1,000 yard season under his belt (I'm assuming he will pass it this weekend because he's at 900something), and he could very well finish the year with about 1,400 yards. Portis is the man I am so proud of the way he's stepped up for us.

He comes off as very childish. I'm sure he appeals to the < 25 year old posters on the board, but not any of the coaching staff, sponsers, or season ticket holders.

He's making a mockery of himself when his intentions are similar to Chad Johnson's inentions...for some reason Chad Johnson's antics seem amusing and Portis seems child-like

Why does age matter?????????? I am so sick of hearing this!

He is trying to lift up a team and throw in some humor where there normally isnt any, give it up. There is no one who works harder on Sunday!

Wowwww Ok.

If it bothers you people so much then how bout this......

Don't watch his interviews!!! :doh:

Wow he's just trying to the lighten the mood and keep everyone happy. He's almost got another 1,000 yard season under his belt (I'm assuming he will pass it this weekend because he's at 900something), and he could very well finish the year with about 1,400 yards. Portis is the man I am so proud of the way he's stepped up for us.

I would like to believe that there are other, more constructive ways to accomplish this with his teammates without a camera in front of his face.

How about dressing up like a running back this week and stop being a jerk off!

If I owned the team, he'd be dressing up every week in another uniform!

Well Good thing you dont own the team, because you obviously don't know about Football, to make such a statement.

That scares me.

His costumes consist of random props and incoherent names. Like I said, I'm not saying he isn't a good guy, because he seems nice, he just is not intelligent.

The whole costume thing, the Wonderlic score (I'd like to know what it was specifically though), and the fact that he's from "The U" sell me on that.

You probably just don't "get" him - which would have nothing to do with his intelligence. Could it be that you are measuring the world in terms of your own frame of reference and not allowing that some things may be outside your experience?

Because I can tell you that if your world experience consists of rooting for a sorry-ass team like the Cowboys, then you might want to get out and see more of the world.

Bubba,

Do you not agree that instead of his stupid childish characters he along with the offensive line should be working and studying to see tendencies in the Rams defensive line? I could see if we were first in the conference but IMHO this is a waste he is getting out of hand with all these characters he comes up with. Maybe Gibbs should be more like Shanahan and not allow his starting running back to run a muck and be teh center is stupis attention while the season further flushes down the toilet. :notworthy :applause:

chill out... its just his weekly press conference... i bet this is the only time he can goof off. considering he and all the others practiced all week. some even took it on themselves to watch tape on monday. just because hes goofing off for 5 mins on tv does not mean he's not working hard all week.

some people i tell yah.

It's sad to see people talking badly about a guy who gives 110% on sunday and is trying to lift the team up through a rough spot.

What's sad is to see that people are this "set in their ways", and this closed minded. I can't believe a guy wearing a costume to a freaking interview gets ragged like this. I mean, It's not required viewing. You have to push play on the redskins site to view the interview. So if you don't like it, why are you watching? Just for you old codgers to have something to complain about?

Life just isn't right unless something isn't right, is it?

It's also sad that this has been one of the longest discussions of the past week.

We need to make a new smiley w/ the sign that says "Squares suck"...

Bubba,

Do you not agree that instead of his stupid childish characters he along with the offensive line should be working and studying to see tendencies in the Rams defensive line? I could see if we were first in the conference but IMHO this is a waste he is getting out of hand with all these characters he comes up with. Maybe Gibbs should be more like Shanahan and not allow his starting running back to run a muck and be teh center is stupis attention while the season further flushes down the toilet. :notworthy :applause:

he said he was going to give it up because he didn't feel right doing it with these losses and his team mates asked him not, to keep something positive going. you think they're not working at what you said? you want Gibbs to be like Shanahan? ok. I understand the frustration, but i'll have to disagree on portis humor (which is a little silly to my taste, but he seems like such a great guy it's cool) being a problem for the team.

when it comes to really being stupid and childish, there's plenty of that to concern ourselves with here in our own forum.

he said he was going to give it up because he didn't feel right doing it with these losses and his team mates asked him not, to keep something positive going. you think they're not working at what you said? you want Gibbs to be like Shanahan? ok. I understand the frustration, but i'll have to disagree on portis humor (which is a little silly to my taste, but he seems like such a great guy it's cool) being a problem for the team.

when it comes to really being stupid and childish, there's plenty of that to concern ourselves with here in our own forum.

Jumbo I agree BTW my father lives in Bremerton I have been there and love it out in the Pacific Northwest. How close is Olympia?

Archived