Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you're a "delusional" die hard fan like me...

DieHard86

Do you root for the crazy wildcard scenario that someone posted earlier this week that would have the Skins win a conference record tie breaker with TB and Minn at 9-7? Or do you root for the Cowboys and Giants to hit the wall? And who should we pull for this week - Giants or Cowboys?

the only thing I want right now is for us to beat the Rams. Heck we know one of the Giants/Dallas teams will be just one game ahead of us and we play them in FedEx so there you have it. Just win the Rams game and then Arizona. We can play what ifs after that all week long before the Dallas game.

Do you root for the crazy wildcard scenario that someone posted earlier this week that would have the Skins win a conference record tie breaker with TB and Minn at 9-7? Or do you root for the Cowboys and Giants to hit the wall? And who should we pull for this week - Giants or Cowboys?

We win either way this week, referring to the Gnats Girls game. If we take care of business it's not hard to believe we could win the division.

The Gnats and Girls each have to lose twice, if we win out then everybody is 10-6 but we are 5-1 in division play, thus we win the East.

I know it may be a stretch but hey it's better to have hope then none at all.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I believe we need the Cowboys to win, because we would own the tie-breaker if we sweep them. I'm not sure who would own it if we tie with the Giants. Of course, we need both of them to lose at least one game in addition to ours.

It's most likely that if we tie with the Giants, we win. However, not for sure. If we win out and tie with the Giants we definitely win.

I can see good reason to cheer for the cowboys, because if you look at the Giants and Cowboys schedule, Giants have a better chance at running the table then the Cowboys do. So, you could cheer for the cowboys to get the Giants their other loss. However, I can't see myself cheering for the cowboys to move into first place in the division, based on the long shot that the redskins can run the table.

So, go Giants.

If we end up running the table, and the Giants win out except for us, and the cowboys lose another game besides us and the giants, I'll feel really silly for hoping the Giants win this week.

If the Giants and Dallas tie this weekend...biggrin.gif

Actually, that's one thing we don't want to happen.

If they tie both teams have to lose another game besides the loss to us.

Say we win out, Giants/Cowboys tie, Cowboys lose another game besides the game against us, Giants win out except for the tie and and the game against us.

That leaves:

Giants: 10-5-1

Us: 10-6

Cowboys: 9-6-1

Basically, if the game ends in a tie, and we win out. 2 out of 6 games we're not involved in have to our way to win the division. If the game does not end in a tie only one out of 3 games we're not involved in has to go our way to win the division.

Of course the problem is: 5 out of 5 games we are involved in have to go our way for this matter at all.

yall will not win out!jesus

Well, untill we actually don't, what do you expect us to do? Give us another option that doesn't violate the basic principles of being a fan of team, or just be quiet.

I expect to work out the ways we can mathematically make the playoffs until we're eliminated.

Hell, last year we were figuring out what would have to happen for us to make the playoffs at 5-9. going into the final two games.

Gianst-Cowboys? Easy, always root against the Cowboys. There shouldn't be any question about that, ever.

Thank you, why is this always so hard to figure out? I honestly cannot envision any circumstances where I would root FOR Dallass..... if it benefited us I'd take it but still wouldn't pull for that gang

the only thing I want right now is for us to beat the Rams. Heck we know one of the Giants/Dallas teams will be just one game ahead of us and we play them in FedEx so there you have it. Just win the Rams game and then Arizona. We can play what ifs after that all week long before the Dallas game.

Indeed, wise one. Tunnel vision is what works right now. Beat the St. Louis rams. Soundly.

dont the skins still have to win against eagles giants and dallas. eagles are playing pretty tough right now as you know, giants smeared you and dallas should have. so winning the division to me doesnt sound promising. however a dogfight to the title could be in view as giants also have to beat the eagles again along with dallas and the skins. dallas has to beat skins, giants, kansas, carolina, i believe that dallas has the most overall talent but has a tougher schedule. i do think that the nfc east winner and wild card team could even have to play each other again in the playoffs, seattle is 10-2 but barely beat or lost to the nfc east teams. the nfc east will knock them from the playoffs. now what other nfc team can definitely beat dallas giants, and redskins?, the winner of the nfc east at this point could very well go all the way.

We win either way this week, referring to the Gnats Girls game. If we take care of business it's not hard to believe we could win the division.

The Gnats and Girls each have to lose twice, if we win out then everybody is 10-6 but we are 5-1 in division play, thus we win the East.

I know it may be a stretch but hey it's better to have hope then none at all.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

:cheers:

It must suck to be the kind of fan who gets all depressed and negative -- I've got a couple buddies like that. I will never think its over for the Skins until they are mathematically eliminated. And we are far from that this season.

Since the Giants have lost an NFC East game against Dallas, We need the Giants to beat the Cowboys, and we have to win out with a win over the Giants, Pokes, and eagles.

That way we would be 5-1 in the NFC East, Giants 4-2or 3-3 (depending on their game at Philly) and the Pokes 3-3.

If the Pokes would win the rest we would win the Tie brak. The Gianst would have to lose at Philly or one other game, and since they have 3 more road games, we have a good chance they will lose another one.

Of course that is all a Big "IF" that we go 5-0 to end the season. but can't hurt hoping :fingersx:

Archived