Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vh1 Classic, 80's music and bad videos.

Spaceman Spiff

Anyone have this channel on Directtv? It's channel 337.I stumbled across it today, i really wasn't aware I had it. I was horrorfied by the videos that they're playing. At one time these were considered cool?

The funniest one was by a band named "Night Ranger". They were standing on railroad tracks and lip syncing horribly. They had mullets that'd make canadian hockey players proud.

nightranger.jpg

Thats the keyboardist on the bottom row in the middle. You can tell he dresses up as bad cop and waits for his boyfriend to come home.

I dont know what you're talkin about, man.

Nightranger was the best part of the 80's.

As a teenager, I used to hide under the bedsheets late at night,

with my headphones on, listening to Nightranger.

I dont know what you're talkin about, man.

Nightranger was the best part of the 80's.

As a teenager, I used to hide under the bedsheets late at night,

with my headphones on, listening to Nightranger.

Whoa buddy, whoa :stop: :laugh:

As for those album covers...what makes me laugh is the wannabee tough ass names these bands would come up with...Ratt, Poison...and then they look like drag queens.

As for those album covers...what makes me laugh is the wannabee tough ass names these bands would come up with...Ratt, Poison...and then they look like drag queens.

Maybe so, but they ALWAYS had hot girlfriends,

i.e. David Coverdale and Tawny Kittaen. So, nobody

was laughing at them back then.

ntws01.jpg

The wife and I like watching "I Love the 80's" on VH-1 and laughing our asses off. It's good entertainment. Most of the music is pretty tranparent and crappy, I didn't like it then and laugh at it now. Some of it actually wasn't so bad, and holds up ok to the test of time. I still bust out the INXS or U2 cds every now and then. I don't understand all the hate towards grunge. It was the only thing that ultimately saved us from another 5 years of hair-band butt rock. Lots of good stuff from that era...Soungarden, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Quicksand, Tool, etc. Newer rock makes me gag. It's like they just take a cookie-cutter and pop out a new album every year. Nickelback makes baby jebus cry.

Well, only because it does. ;)

Actually, I'd say the stuff from 1990-1993 sucked worse. That whole Seattle/Grundge garbage was what got me to turn off the radio and listen to my old albums. By the time it was over I was too old and set in my ways to pick up on the current popular music.

Right there with ya Henry. That's when I turned to sports talk, and am radio. Who knew there were som many stations on am :laugh:

I have all of those tapes in a box in the closet...I don't have a tape deck to listen to them anymore....all it is today is this new fangled technology like CD's, MP3, IPods, and Satelite Radio...baaahhhhh!

Sorry, I couldnt hear what you were saying - I had my 8-Track player

and Reel to Reel Player on, jamming full blast.

Sorry, I couldnt hear what you were saying - I had my 8-Track player

and Reel to Reel Player on, jamming full blast.

Reel to Reel... :laugh: claasssic!

My Dad has one of those...we found it last year when were cleaning out my parents garage. I told him the Smithsonian might be interested in it.. :silly:

Who could forget these classic album cover's of the 80's. :silly:

Come on, man?? Skid Row and Motley Crue!! Who DIDN'T have those albums???

I'm 26 and I gotta say I love the 80's! Maybe I'm on that cusp that I was just old enough to appreciate the music...:whoknows: Anyway, I love 80's weekend on the "variety" stations.

But I also have to disagree that everything since 1993 has stunk -- how can you say that? Pearl Jam has come out with 4 or 5 albums since then and I'm sorry, but they are genius. Red Hot Chili Peppers' One Hot Minute came out in 1995 (awesome). Blind Melon's Soup was also out in 1995, which I think is better than their first album in a lot of ways. 311, Cake, Cracker, Ben Harper, Jack Johnson, G Love and Special Sauce, Presidents of the USA, Stone Temple Pilots, SUBLIME, Toadies -- all were quality and were either after 93 or had something come out after 93.

And I liked Nirvana, despite the whole grunge thing...

My Sister Christian and and I left Our House this morning and headed down to Electric Avenue to meet Major Tom and Der Kommissar who were taking us Sailing. We get on board and I'm So Excited that I only Hold on Loosely. Well, One Thing Leads to Another and I fall overboard. Of course I go Down Under but come up quickly. Next thing I know there's a shark, a Maneater and he's Hungry Like the Wolf . At This Moment I'm thinkin' I'm in grave Jeopardy and will be in Heaven soon. I Shout HELP! and start swimming like a Maniac. They pull me out of the water just in Time. The rest of the day I'm feeling Footloose and Walkin' on Sunshine because I just had a near-death experience. The whole thing was like something out of the Twilight Zone.

We get back and go out clubbing and I'm Dancin' With Myself because I'm Too Shy to ask the hotties to dance. Finally, my friend Mickey introduces me to Gloria (when I Want Candy! who looks like a Centerfold). I end up hitting it off with their friend Eileen. I'm getting tired so I say Walk This Way and lead her out of the club. As we're Steppin' Out I notice Venus in the night sky and point it out to her. She give me this Look of Love with those Betty Davis Eyes and I plant one on her. It's Just the Two of Us and as my hands begin to wander she says "Keep Your Hands to Yourself." I say "Come on Eileen, I know What You Need, Lets Go to Bed. Apparently not because she slapped me. I walk away feeling a little Tenderness in my cheek. I tried to play it off acting cool, by wearing my Sunglasses at Night. She starts to walk off and I say "I'll be Right Here Waiting, Call Me." Not really; at this point it's been a long day so I head home and climb in bed.

I jerk awake and my sister says "You've been Talking in Your Sleep." "What about the shark and Eileen?" I ask. "Don't Dream It's Over" she says (whatever that means). Only In My Dreams I think and head back to sleep. "Sweet Dreams" my sister says.

Archived