Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Playoff Picture -- How it Looks Right Now (Merged x 2)

SeanTaylorsDefense

Luckily the one division leader we didn't play is the one team in the division that is clearly better than us!!! Panthers are a very good team and will destroy the Cowturds when they play them later this year.

Here's hoping everyone beats the Giants & Cowboys here out. But if the Redskins take care of business at home with the Giants & Cowboys it won't matter.

On Carolina. Gibbs is a different coach in the playoffs, I think he could take Carolina in a playoff game. Even without Gibbs influence I'd still take Brunell over Delhomme, Portis over Davis, Cooley over Mangum, Moss & Smith is a push. I would take our offensive line man-for-man over Carolina except for maybe Dockery. I would take Carolina's defensive line man-for-man over the Redskins, but I would take the Redskins back 7 over Carolina's back 7 except Marshal. Talent wise I think we match up, I think it will be a matter of how together the play is after 2 seasons in the system.

I've heard from fans and even some of our players that we control our own destiny for the playoffs. We're a game behind the Giants and Cowboys and now have lost a playoff tie breaker to the Bucs. I'm not sure I see the "control our own destiny" thing. How is it possible and can someone put it into perspective for me? Thanks.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Justin

aka UltimateSkinsFan

(proud son of a WWII ETO Vet)

I've heard from fans and even some of our players that we control our own destiny for the playoffs. We're a game behind the Giants and Cowboys and now have lost a playoff tie breaker to the Bucs. I'm not sure I see the "control our own destiny" thing. How is it possible and can someone put it into perspective for me? Thanks.

Justin

aka UltimateSkinsFan

We finished the first half of the season 5-3. If we do the same in the second half, we finish the season 10-6 and make the playoffs. For now, we can still make the playoffs without a certain team losing to another certain team. We can still make the playoffs by winning games. That's how we control our own destiny.

The Redskins have 4 losses but only 2 are in the conference, which is a key to tie-breakers outside the division. Inside the East the Skins are 2-1 with 2 of the last 3 games at home.

Those are some of the advantages the team has IF they are committed to playing focused, competitive football the rest of the season and determine not to beat themselves with mistakes.

One of the additional factors is that while Dallas is one game ahead, the Redskins schedule to this point has been tougher.

The Cowboys were playing the Cardinals and the Raiders while we were playing the Broncos and the Chiefs early in the season.

Would the Cowboys be 6-3 facing those two games on the road instead of playing two sub-.500 teams?

It is an open question.

we control our own destiny. If we won every game from here on out, we would, at the very worst, be tied for 1st in the division, since we play dallas and the giants again. Thats assuming that every team wins out and loses to us. We've got some room for error, 1-2 losses tops, so our fate is in our hands, we just have to beat some good teams.

Justin

aka UltimateSkinsFan

It's simple...we are a game behind Dallad but we still play them and if we beat them we will have the head to head sweep and thus win tie brekaers. If we beat the Giants we will have a split and will win the tie breakers based on better division record.

Giants (6-3)

Philadelphia - WIN

@ Seattle - LOSS

Dallas - WIN

@ Philadelphia - LOSS

Kansas City - LOSS

@ Washington - ?

@ Oakland - WIN

Giants should finish (10-6) to (9-7) depending on Washington game.

Cowboys (5-3) (7-9)

@ Philadelphia - LOSS

Detroit - WIN

Denver - LOSS

@ NY Giants - LOSS

Kansas City - LOSS

@ Washington - ?

@ Carolina - LOSS

St. Louis - WIN

Cowboys should finish (8-8) to (7-9) depending on Washington game.

Redskins (5-4)

Oakland

San Diego

@ St. Louis

@ Arizona

Dallas

NY Giants

@ Philadelphia

Yes, I know it's pretty much impossible to pick who's going to win what games the rest of the way out, but this should give a general idea. If Redskins win the 3 division games, then they need to win only 1 of the 4 upcoming games to win the division. If Redskins win 2 of the division games, then it will most likely call for 3 of these next 4 games in the win column to win the division.

I think its safe to say, this is going to come down to the final 3 division games.

I know it's hard right now but keep the faith people.

:chestram:

Who's going to take the role of...

mora_7116.jpg??

[/color][/b]

With McNabb possibly out for the rest of the season, the Eagles are no longer a factor, just a spoiler.

For the the Skins remaining games, home against the Chargers, Cowboys and Giants will not be easy. Traveling to play the Rams (and their new found running game) in the Dome is no small task either.

Dallas a tough schedule ahead of them: Road games against the Giants, the Panthers and Skins PLUS they host the Broncos.

With the exception of road games against the Seahawks and Skins, NY has an easier schedule the rest of the way.

I hate to say it, but it will take a major drop for the Giants to lose this division (but they'll need 11 wins to do so).

Giants (6-3)

Philadelphia - WIN

@ Seattle - LOSS

Dallas - WIN

@ Philadelphia - LOSS

Kansas City - LOSS

@ Washington - ?

@ Oakland - WIN

Giants should finish (10-6) to (9-7) depending on Washington game.

Cowboys (5-3) (7-9)

@ Philadelphia - LOSS

Detroit - WIN

Denver - LOSS

@ NY Giants - LOSS

Kansas City - LOSS

@ Washington - ?

@ Carolina - LOSS

St. Louis - WIN

Redskins (5-4)

Oakland

San Diego

@ St. Louis

@ Arizona

Dallas

NY Giants

@ Philadelphia

Yes, I know it's pretty much impossible to pick who's going to win what games the rest of the way out, but this should give a general idea. If Redskins win the 3 division games, then they need to win only 1 of the 4 upcoming games to win the division. If Redskins win 2 of the division games, then it will most likely call for 3 of these next 4 games in the win column to win the division.

I think its safe to say, this is going to come down to the final 3 division games.

I know it's hard right now but keep the faith people.

:chestram:

Who's going to take the role of...

mora_7116.jpg??

[/color][/b]

With McNabb possibly out for the rest of the season, the Eagles are no longer a factor, just a spoiler.

For the the Skins remaining games, home against the Chargers, Cowboys and Giants will not be easy. Traveling to play the Rams (and their new found running game) in the Dome is no small task either.

Dallas a tough schedule ahead of them: Road games against the Giants, the Panthers and Skins PLUS they host the Broncos.

With the exception of road games against the Seahawks and Skins, NY has an easier schedule the rest of the way.

I hate to say it, but it will take a major drop for the Giants to lose this division (but they'll need 11 wins to do so).

You have Philly beating Dallas even after the game is over and Philly lost ??? Too much...lol

Wait you are talking playoffs, aren't you afraid that the refs will just screw you out of the playoffs, I mean every time you lose the refs have a hand in it. You lost yesterday making Chris Simms look like Joe Freaking Montana, and then blame losing on a call the refs got right.

Little info here boys replay can only overturn a call with indisputable evidence; in no replay was there indisputable evidence that you stopped Alstott so the play stood... And you were offsides on the PAT...

Your team will be lucky to finish .500

.500? if we finishing below .500, then the cowboys are locking up the first pick overall.

Playoffs might be a stretch. I'm hoping, but we've lost 4 of our last 6 games and there are plenty of tough teams ahead for us.

Yes, we're undefeated at home but those 4 wins were against Chicago, Seattle, 49ers and Eagles. IMO, the Seattle game is the only one we can be proud of.

Chicago had a rookie starting his first game ever.

Seattle is the only decent team we've played at home, and we oh so easily could've lost that one.

49ers suck.

Eagles suck much worse than people think. Their team is in disarray.

So, even though we have Raiders, Chargers, Cowboys and Giants at home, I'm not too convinced we'll win all of those.

The Raiders can play well enough to win from time to time, but I think we'll take them.

Chargers pose a real threat and this game is anything but a gimme.

Dallas is improving and will be a much better team when we play them again. Thing is, I think we'll be better too though. However it would be folly to just expect a win here.

Giants aren't nearly as good as they looked against us earlier, but it will be a tough game like they always are against the Giants.

So, let's say we split the 4 remaining home games, which I think is fair. Then, of the 3 remaining road games, I think we can take the cardinals and the Eagles in the last game of the season.

If it falls that way, that puts us at 9-7. This year, with the way the Giants and Cowboys have been playing, that might not be enough for a wildcard birth. I think we'll need a record of 10-6 to go to the playoffs.

If that is the case, we'll have to come out of the last 7 games with 5 wins. Can we? I don't know, but it doesn't look good. Like I said, we've lost 4 of our last 6, so winning 5 of our next 7 may be asking too much.

That loss to the Bucs is going to come back to haunt us.

Cowboys (5-3) (7-9)

@ Philadelphia - LOSS

Detroit - WIN

Denver - LOSS

@ NY Giants - LOSS

Kansas City - LOSS

@ Washington - ?

@ Carolina - LOSS

St. Louis - WIN

Are your on crack?? What in the world gives you any indication that Dallas is bad enough to lose 5 straight games? Lets just look at this a little more realistically, if we can. We won the game at Philly already,, no need to discuss that one. We will Take Detroit,, the denver game will be a huge challenge, no doubt about it, but,, its on a very short week,, and Denver has to travel to us, making it even shorter for them. We are at home, on Thanksgiving,, I think we have the advantage. the gaints aren't that good of a football team. We should have beat them worse than we did earlier and I think we will this time around. KC is going to be a good game too,, but again we are at home,, I think this gives us an advantage. As far as washington goes, we will just play another 4 min or so and complete the domination this time. Carolina,, tough game should be fun to watch. St Louis,, won't matter much by now, but it will be a fun game, esp since we will be resting some starters. We go 11- 5,, maybe sqeak out 12-4. Skins,, sorry but 7-9 looks like the deal for yall. Maybe 8-8. Oakland going to give u all u want, SD is a loss for the skins, Arizona is the only game you have left who You are actually the better team.

Cowboys (5-3) (7-9)

@ Philadelphia - LOSS

Detroit - WIN

Denver - LOSS

@ NY Giants - LOSS

Kansas City - LOSS

@ Washington - ?

@ Carolina - LOSS

St. Louis - WIN

Are your on crack?? What in the world gives you any indication that Dallas is bad enough to lose 5 straight games? Lets just look at this a little more realistically, if we can. We won the game at Philly already,, no need to discuss that one. We will Take Detroit,, the denver game will be a huge challenge, no doubt about it, but,, its on a very short week,, and Denver has to travel to us, making it even shorter for them. We are at home, on Thanksgiving,, I think we have the advantage. the gaints aren't that good of a football team. We should have beat them worse than we did earlier and I think we will this time around. KC is going to be a good game too,, but again we are at home,, I think this gives us an advantage. As far as washington goes, we will just play another 4 min or so and complete the domination this time. Carolina,, tough game should be fun to watch. St Louis,, won't matter much by now, but it will be a fun game, esp since we will be resting some starters. We go 11- 5,, maybe sqeak out 12-4. Skins,, sorry but 7-9 looks like the deal for yall. Maybe 8-8. Oakland going to give u all u want, SD is a loss for the skins, Arizona is the only game you have left who You are actually the better team.

Alright, so you pulled one out of your ass in philly with the help of McNabb. But, I'm sorry but, the Eagles outplayed you in every aspect of the game. But Dallas is not a better team than Denver, KC, or Carolina right now, I gave Dallas another loss @ NY simple because its at NY and Giants have another lost owner. Cowboys are the most overrated team in the NFC. I laugh at these former Cowboy experts picking them to go to the super bowl. They won't make the playoffs and you can take that to the bank.

or 0-7. hey i can dream, right?

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I wouldn't complain one bit!!! :laugh:

Archived