Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Playoff Picture -- How it Looks Right Now (Merged x 2)

SeanTaylorsDefense

Very good insight! I think the team(s) that can help us the most are the Bears, Chiefs, Broncos and Seahawks.

The Bears play all 3 NFC South teams...Car/Atl/T.B. We need the Bears to win at least 1 of the but hopefully 2.

The Chiefs travel to NY Giants and Dallas...a split would be welcome but they have a shot to win both.

Nothing would make Thnaksgiving better than the Broncos winning in Dallas.

We NEED the Seahawks to beat the Giants in Seattle and they should.

Also, I hope the saints can somehow pull a couple upsets...I know I'm reaching but they do play all the NFC South teams and any upsets would be a bonus!

Scoreboard watching picks it up big time the rest of the way!

Go Broncos!

Go Chiefs!

Go Bears!

Go Seahawks!

Go Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and Goooooooooooooooo Skinsssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good insight! I think the team(s) that can help us the most are the Bears, Chiefs, Broncos and Seahawks.

The Bears play all 3 NFC South teams...Car/Atl/T.B. We need the Bears to win at least 1 of the but hopefully 2.

The Chiefs travel to NY Giants and Dallas...a split would be welcome but they have a shot to win both.

Nothing would make Thnaksgiving better than the Broncos winning in Dallas.

We NEED the Seahawks to beat the Giants in Seattle and they should.

Also, I hope the saints can somehow pull a couple upsets...I know I'm reaching but they do play all the NFC South teams and any upsets would be a bonus!

Scoreboard watching picks it up big time the rest of the way!

Go Broncos!

Go Chiefs!

Go Bears!

Go Seahawks!

Go Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and Goooooooooooooooo Skinsssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...more analysis I forgot!! :doh: I agree...The Bears will be huge down the stretch for us...as will the Seahawks (they already beat the Cowturds! :D ). The Saints....well....hmmm....GO BEARS!!!

Heres the way i see it:

Oakland- W we know we have to win this one to be contenders and we do

Chargers - L we actually might be able to win this game creating some turn overs but lets just assume we lose.

St Louis - L dont know why everyones scared of them they suck and i think we will win but lets just assume we lose once again

Arizona - W they suck

Dallas - W in OT...12th man comes through

NY - W revenge on them with a new strategy

Philly - W McNabbless we win again

OR

Oak W

Chargers W

St Louis W

Arizona W

Dallas W

NY L

Philly L

I think we go 10-6 no matter what to be honest...but we have a good shot at 11-5 too.

That's funny. But seriously, the Cowboys, with the great Bill Parcells, is going to finish at the bottom of the division. That's a fact, and you know it. So deal with it.

Enjoy your day.

Yeah like Dallas will finish last in the division, sure seems like it since they are the division leaders today...

{quote][

Wait. Wait....oh yeah you all lost to us in dallas when you made mark brunell look like joe montana. beat us and then talk ****.

You got lucky what can I say, just as Dallas did last night. I don't think you get lucky twice in one season. History tells us that much.

Yeah like Dallas will finish last in the division, sure seems like it since they are the division leaders today...

You got lucky what can I say, just as Dallas did last night. I don't think you get lucky twice in one season. History tells us that much.

Dallas will not finish last in the division. After their meltdown last night, its obvious that the Eagles are going to be in the cellar. And I think the Giants are going to fade away in the second half as well, which they already started to do against the Vikes. It will be a two-horse race between the Girls and the Skins.

And for the last time, we did not get "lucky" against you guys in Dallas. We outplayed you. And don't tell me you were sooooo dominant...if you were dominating us for 55 minutes, wouldn't you have put more points on the board? Bottom line is our defense held you in check except for one trick play and a couple field goals. Your defense held us in check until the last 4 minutes, but then again, its a 60 minute game.

I don't see us losing to the Girls at home in what could be the deciding game for the division title. We WILL beat the Giants at home, and I think we've got an excellent shot at beating Philly in their house.

Current playoff picture...

* denotes team Redskins beat. ^ denotes team beat Redskins.

#1 Div seed: Seatle*

#2 Div seed: Carolina

#3 Div seed: Chicago*

#4 Div seed: Dallas*

---------------

#5 WC seed: Atlanta

#6 WC seed: Giants^

----------------

#7 out by a tie breaker: Tampa^

#8 out by 1 game: Washington

#9 out by 2 games:Minnesota

10 out by 2 & tiebreaker: St Louis

11 out by 2 & tiebreaker: Detroit

12 out by 2 & tiebreaker: Philadelphia*

------------------

Prospective week 1 of playoffs: Giants @ Chicago, Atlanta @ Dallas.

Note the Redskins have played 3 of the 4 division leaders and beat them all. That is the road to the Superbowl. The Redskins need to make the playoffs, we may very well have more of a shot than people think.

Note the Redskins have played 3 of the 4 division leaders and beat them all. That is the road to the Superbowl. The Redskins need to make the playoffs, we may very well have more of a shot than people think.

Luckily the one division leader we didn't play is the one team in the division that is clearly better than us!!! Panthers are a very good team and will destroy the Cowturds when they play them later this year.

I hate having to root for other teams.

My motto: Lets just WIN and everything else will fall into place.

We definitely still control our own destiny...If we win out and go 12-4 we will win the division. Even if we go 6-1 down the stretch we'll be at 11-5 which most certainly would be good enough for at least a wild-card.

So we don't "have" to route for other teams, but the point is if (for example) Chicago beats everyone in the South, its a lot better for us. :)

We definitely still control our own destiny...If we win out and go 12-4 we will win the division. Even if we go 6-1 down the stretch we'll be at 11-5 which most certainly would be good enough for at least a wild-card.

So we don't "have" to route for other teams, but the point is if (for example) Chicago beats everyone in the South, its a lot better for us. :)

This says it all. The Skins control their own destiny.

Too all of you that think Dallas finnishes 8-8, rethink your analysis.

And any Redskins fan on this board who dares say anything about the manner in which last nights game was won needs to think back long and hard to week2, as you guys have probably learned this year, W's, youll take em anyway you can get em

I looked at the schedules of everyone in the NFC that has a shot at the playoffs and there is going to be a jam at 9-7 and 10-6 IMHO. Whatever else happens I think Skin's playoff hopes will be riding on the last three games of the season. I think the Eagles are done. The Giants beat us like a drum the first time but if the Vikings beat them in NY last week we can regroup and beat them here. I think the whole deal is going to ride on us winning our last three games.

The Dallas game is probably going to be the single biggest make or break game whatever else happens rest of the way in. Anyone else see it that way?

I looked at the schedules of everyone in the NFC that has a shot at the playoffs and there is going to be a jam at 9-7 and 10-6 IMHO. Whatever else happens I think Skin's playoff hopes will be riding on the last three games of the season. I think the Eagles are done. The Giants beat us like a drum the first time but if the Vikings beat them in NY last week we can regroup and beat them here. I think the whole deal is going to ride on us winning our last three games.

The Dallas game is probably going to be the single biggest make or break game whatever else happens rest of the way in. Anyone else see it that way?

8 posts up, Tonerman! :)

Too all of you that think Dallas finnishes 8-8, rethink your analysis.

And any Redskins fan on this board who dares say anything about the manner in which last nights game was won needs to think back long and hard to week2, as you guys have probably learned this year, W's, youll take em anyway you can get em

I'll bet Dallas goes 9-7 or 10-6. They'll probably beat Detroit (they'd better, if they are a real team), Denver will beat them, I think they'll beat New York. Kansas City, Washington and Carolina are all losses, and they'll beat St. Louis. That's 9-7. I think they have a good shot at beating KC and going 10-6. :2cents:

Noone like my thread. :cry: LOL!

Well, here's my thoughts on the subject and a look at the race!

Here's the race for the Nfc playoffs:

(Overall Record, Conference Record, Division Record)

1. Seattle: 7-2, 6-1, 4-0

2. Carolina: 7-2, 5-1, 1-1

3. Chicago: 6-3, 5-1, 3-0

4. Dallas: 6-3, 5-2, 3-1

5. New York: 6-3, 5-2, 1-1

6. Atlanta: 6-3, 3-2, 1-0

7. Tampa: 6-3, 4-2, 0-1

8. Washington: 5-4, 5-2, 2-1

9. Vikings: 4-5, 4-4, 2-1

10. Philadelphia: 4-5, 1-4, 0-3

Each team has 7 games to go:

1. Seattle: @49ers, Giants, @Eagles, 49ers, @Titans, Colts, @ Packers

2. Carolina: @Bears, @Bills, Falcons, Bucs, @Saints, Boys, @Falcons

3. Chicago: Panthers, @Bucs, Packers, @Steelers, Falcons,@Packers,

@Vikings

4. Dallas: Lions, Broncos, @Giants, Chiefs, @Skins, @Panthers, Rams

5. New York: Eagles, @Seahawks, Boys, @Eagles, Chiefs, @Skins, @Raiders

6. Atlanta: Bucs, @Lions, @Panthers, Saints, @Bears, @Bucs, Panthers

7. Tampa: @Falcons, Bears, @Saints, @Panthers, @Pats, Falcons, Saints

8. Washington: Raiders, Chargers, @Rams, @Cards, Boys, Giants, @Eagles

9. Vikings: @Packers, Browns, @Lions, Rams, Steelers, @Ravens, Bears

10. Philadelphia: @Giants, Packers, Seahawks, Giants, @Rams, @Cards, Skins

I picked the 10 teams who are probably in contention. We drop

down to 8 this week. I put the Vikings in there, because they

can bounce back- remember it's the NFC North. If we played

like we did yesterday- we aren't going. This week: My gut tells

me this- My pre-season prediction: 9-7 finish & us- being in

playoff contention but missing out ; may come true! We got to

play better and stop making mistakes. I think our weaknesses on

defensive our catching up to us. We got've finish 5-2 at least

and hope the other teams in the NFC EAST and SOUTH beat

each other up and knock someone out of contention.

Noone like my thread. :cry: LOL!

Well, here's my thoughts on the subject and a look at the race!

Here's the race for the Nfc playoffs:

(Overall Record, Conference Record, Division Record)

1. Seattle: 7-2, 6-1, 4-0

2. Carolina: 7-2, 5-1, 1-1

3. Chicago: 6-3, 5-1, 3-0

4. Dallas: 6-3, 5-2, 3-1

5. New York: 6-3, 5-2, 1-1

6. Atlanta: 6-3, 3-2, 1-0

7. Tampa: 6-3, 4-2, 0-1

8. Washington: 5-4, 5-2, 2-1

9. Vikings: 4-5, 4-4, 2-1

10. Philadelphia: 4-5, 1-4, 0-3

Each team has 7 games to go:

1. Seattle: @49ers, Giants, @Eagles, 49ers, @Titans, Colts, @ Packers

2. Carolina: @Bears, @Bills, Falcons, Bucs, @Saints, Boys, @Falcons

3. Chicago: Panthers, @Bucs, Packers, @Steelers, Falcons,@Packers,

@Vikings

4. Dallas: Lions, Broncos, @Giants, Chiefs, @Skins, @Panthers, Rams

5. New York: Eagles, @Seahawks, Boys, @Eagles, Chiefs, @Skins, @Raiders

6. Atlanta: Bucs, @Lions, @Panthers, Saints, @Bears, @Bucs, Panthers

7. Tampa: @Falcons, Bears, @Saints, @Panthers, @Pats, Falcons, Saints

8. Washington: Raiders, Chargers, @Rams, @Cards, Boys, Giants, @Eagles

9. Vikings: @Packers, Browns, @Lions, Rams, Steelers, @Ravens, Bears

10. Philadelphia: @Giants, Packers, Seahawks, Giants, @Rams, @Cards, Skins

I picked the 10 teams who are probably in contention. We drop

down to 8 this week. I put the Vikings in there, because they

can bounce back- remember it's the NFC North. If we played

like we did yesterday- we aren't going. This week: My gut tells

me this- My pre-season prediction: 9-7 finish & us- being in

playoff contention but missing out ; may come true! We got to

play better and stop making mistakes. I think our weaknesses on

defensive our catching up to us. We got've finish 5-2 at least

and hope the other teams in the NFC EAST and SOUTH beat

each other up and knock someone out of contention.

I liked your thread :laugh:. Your commentary mirrors my own thoughts and my pre-season prediction. I'd been teased by this more-improved offense than I anticipated into thinking 10-6 or 11-5 was even possible, and thus an unexpected play-off berth a year early by my projection.

But that offensively-driven rising hope has been offset by what seems to be our steadily increasing defensive decline. I don't particularly rail against the players or the coaches for it, but it's real enough and it may take players we don't have yet to take us where we need to be. For now, we're still in it and we won't lose any ground next Sunday.

8 posts up, Tonerman! :)

Right on! It is sure going to be a make or break game for me. I have a C-note bet with a local cowboys fan on that game. I figure skins could finish anywhere from 8-8 to 10-6. If they beat 10-6 they make playoffs one way or another. Funny that we have a pretty good offense this year and last year's strength, the defense, seems to be melting away. Looks like losing Pierce was a big deal in terms of our record this year.

i did a little fuzzy math of my own, and came up with teh following; of the remianing games, the nfc east teams' opponent records are as follows;

giants (3 home, 4 away): 34-29

dallas (4 home 3 away): 38-25

phili (4 home, 3 away): 32-31

wash (4 home, 3 away): 30-33

with the (theoretically) easiest remianing schedule, and 4 home games (2 of which are against division foes), we should have a good shot at making the playoffs, IF we win the games we're supposed to.

in addition, both atlanta and tampa bay have more difficult schedules remaining;

tampa bay (3 home, 4 away): 34-29

atlanta (3 home, 4 away): 38-25

the schedules are in our favor, it's up to the skins to take advatage of them.

Archived