Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ipod Video Review

number1team

I'm sure a few members were thinking about getting one. I have one warning, before you order it, order an Icondom off of ebay, the thing scrates so easily. If you do not it will be covered with scratches within the first 2 or 3 days of use. But anyway, the video is very high quality and i like the sound quality. Overall i think it was worth it, but the scratches on mine are annoying me. 3\5 stars.

Im so ticked, a week before video Ipod came out I unknowingly bought an Ipod off the apple web site , 20 GB Ipod for 299.00. Then a week later video Ipod comes out 30 GB for about the same price. Apple knew they were coming out with video Ipod but did not say so on thier web site. Im so ticked.

I enjoy my last generation orig Ipod btw

I got one for my birthday, the thing is friggin awesome. I got a 30 GB black one. It was the last one at the local Best Buy. 5 outta 5 stars, no doubt. It is my first iPod, and it's great. Definately worth the money 1) for anyone who can afford it 2) any college students, esp the ones on the larger campuses where ya need to walk. I did research and although it is possible to scratch up, the LCD screen - unlike previous versions - is harder to break. The entire front, minus the wheel, is covered by a protective plastic piece.

FYI if your intending to buy one for the holidays: best friend works at the local Circuit City, and he says that if you don't have one by black Friday, it may be really hard to get one. He says "that Apple already is aware that they will have a shortage by Christmas"

Im so ticked, a week before video Ipod came out I unknowingly bought an Ipod off the apple web site , 20 GB Ipod for 299.00. Then a week later video Ipod comes out 30 GB for about the same price. Apple knew they were coming out with video Ipod but did not say so on thier web site. Im so ticked.

I enjoy my last generation orig Ipod btw

Yeah, I love Apple, but they do some annoying things, not letting the public know about products before they come out is one thing.

I guess the element of suprise can create an all of a sudden mad dash once those ultra cool/trendy ipod commercials start airing. but ipods are so in demand they shouldn't have a problem selling no matter what their advertising plan is like.

even if it involves U2. :doh:

Well it'd be a horrible idea for Apple to tell people when something's going to come out. 1, if they're late with a product it hurts them. Also, sales and stocks are going to stall until the new items are released. The best thing you can do, when you're looking at purchasing a new product, is go to some of the rumor websites, they're usually pretty good. Sites like, www.macrumors.com, www.thinksecret.com these are some good ones. They are not always right, but when it's close to an announcement they'll usually have a good idea of what's going on.

• 2 months later...

Well I took the plunge. Just picked up a 60GB Ipod Video. Also the Bose Ipod dock. Also an FM transmitter for the car.

Love the Ipod but its gonna take me months to get all the music I want on it. Plus I'm gonna put all my Pics on it.

The Bose dock is awesome. You can't compare it to a nice Receiver Home theater set-up, but for portable its great.

The FM transmitter I've heard alot of bad about, but wanna give it a try. I'll update after I give it a whirl.

Well I took the plunge. Just picked up a 60GB Ipod Video. Also the Bose Ipod dock. Also an FM transmitter for the car.

Love the Ipod but its gonna take me months to get all the music I want on it. Plus I'm gonna put all my Pics on it.

The Bose dock is awesome. You can't compare it to a nice Receiver Home theater set-up, but for portable its great.

The FM transmitter I've heard alot of bad about, but wanna give it a try. I'll update after I give it a whirl.

I have a 30G and its been taking me quite a while to put all my CDs on it. I wanna get the Bose Ipod doc, so let me know what you think of it. I've heard music outta the FM transmitter and wasn't impressed at all (radio quality). I recently installed an IceLink>Plus for my car, and its been great.

I bought my daughter an I-pod for Christmas. Its pretty nice, but one question...

WTF is up with the finger menu scrolling thing....I mean, its got to be the least user-friendly thing I've ever seen. It takes me multiple attempts to get the damn thing to scroll to the menu item I want.

I'm waiting for this one to come out...

vpod.jpg

This comes to us from the “please let it be true, but it probably isn’t” department. It’s a mock-up of the newly rumored Video iPod. Clearly visible is the scroll wheel that’s part of the screen but not really physically there. The spacious 3.5” screen is what really sweetens the pot, though. Just imagine playing all your favorite videos on this bad boy. Let’s cross our fingers.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/ipod/video-ipod-revealed-maybe-154245.php

I bought my daughter an I-pod for Christmas. Its pretty nice, but one question...

WTF is up with the finger menu scrolling thing....I mean, its got to be the least user-friendly thing I've ever seen. It takes me multiple attempts to get the damn thing to scroll to the menu item I want.

I think its actually pretty cool. Took me a few attempts to get used to it, but I like it. I really bought it to be able to store all the pics I take. The music is great too.

When you use it you should change the click to a DOH!

Must be those sausage fingers. :laugh::jk:

I bought an open box 2gb Nano for when I run at the gym. It was 40 bucks off the original price of $200 because it was a return. It works great when I run because it a flash based Ipod so it doesn't skip. I'm having some problems with the photos, does anyone know if you can get album art to show up when the song comes up? anyways I give it a 4/5 due to the photo and the damn earbuds are incredibly difficult to position right (Prefer that the sound is at the maximum audiblility when it is resting comfortably in my ear)

I'm pretty sure it's just a sign that you're getting older, my friend.

ps - my video iPod is my valentine this year. I love it so. And if you're a little savvy you can find movies and TV shows to download to have on your iPod. If that were the case, I'd have every episode of The Family Guy on it. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

I have a 30G and its been taking me quite a while to put all my CDs on it. I wanna get the Bose Ipod doc, so let me know what you think of it. I've heard music outta the FM transmitter and wasn't impressed at all (radio quality). I recently installed an IceLink>Plus for my car, and its been great.

The Bose Idoc is nice. It sounds very good. It will fill a decent size room with good sound. It not the same as when I hook it up to my Receiver/Surround system, but one cost 2000 and the other 300 so I didn't expect it to.

I'm sure a few members were thinking about getting one. I have one warning, before you order it, order an Icondom off of ebay, the thing scrates so easily. If you do not it will be covered with scratches within the first 2 or 3 days of use. But anyway, the video is very high quality and i like the sound quality. Overall i think it was worth it, but the scratches on mine are annoying me. 3\5 stars.

Is it really called an iCondom?

Archived