Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Eddie Guerrero

Mattskins83

Like most of you, I am a Redskins fan. But I am also a huge wrestling fan, and today we lost one of the greatest and respected stars in the history of the business. He was one of the better guys in the locker room, and always had time to give out autographs. Just wanted to let people know. RIP Eddie:(

wow, just....wow

http://wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=133910400

WWE.com did not give much information on the Eddie Guerrero passing in their report this morning.

We do know that Eddie was in Minneapolis, MN waiting for the RAW and SmackDown! tapings which are being held tonight. Eddie was just 38 years old. According to sources, Eddie had breakfast this morning with Chavo Guerrero and at least one other wrestler. Chavo and Eddie had traveled together for months when both were on SmackDown!. Eddie then returned to his hotel room and when he didn't come back out when he was scheduled, some friends went looking for him and found him dead. We have no other details and do not want to speculate.

Local Minneapolis station WCCO posted the following on their website: (WCCO) Minneapolis World Wrestling Entertainment wrestler Eddie Guerrero was found dead in his hotel room in Minneapolis, the organization said Sunday. Guerrero, 38, was found at the Marriott City Center in downtown Minneapolis. He was in town for Sunday night's "WWE Supershow" TV taping at Target Center. Police confirmed Guerrero's death, but are not yet releasing additional information. The Hennepin County Medical Examiner was at the hotel. Guerrero was a featured star on the UPN series "WWE Smackdown!" and the subject of a full-length DVD titled "Cheating Death, Stealing Life." Son of legendary Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero, Eddie Guerrero has also wrestled with World Championship Wrestling and Extreme Championship Wrestling, among other federations. His nephew, Chavo Guerrero, Jr., also wrestles with WWE. Stay with WCCO.COM for more information as it becomes available.

On behalf of everyone at this website, we want to send our condolences to the family and friends of Eddie. Rest in Peace, Eddie.

Guest sith lord

I just heard about at the beginning of the NWA-TNA PPV. Very sad. With that being said, you can add his name to a long list of pro wrestlers that has died at a fairly young age.

If anybody have kids out their that has thought of doing steroids, educate them on all the prominate pro wrestlers that has died in there 30's and 40's over the last few years.

I just heard about at the beginning of the NWA-TNA PPV. Very sad. With that being said, you can add his name to a long list of pro wrestlers that has died at a fairly young age.

If anybody have kids out their that has thought of doing steroids, educate them on all the prominate pro wrestlers that has died in there 30's and 40's over the last few years.

it might be time to put in end to the wrestling, how many have we lost the last couple of years now??

what good is it to tell our kids when the can still watch them on tv, if you want to teach them a lesson end the circus now

it might be time to put in end to the wrestling, how many have we lost the last couple of years now??

what good is it to tell our kids when the can still watch them on tv, if you want to teach them a lesson end the circus now

Jbooma, this is not the thread or the time for such ridiculous, ignorant claims. If you want to express your opinion on the subject, do it in a different thread. This thread is to pay respects to Guerrero.

RIP Eddie.

Jbooma, this is not the thread or the time for such ridiculous, ignorant claims. If you want to express your opinion on the subject, do it in a different thread. This thread is to pay respects to Guerrero.

RIP Eddie.

Well said, you'd think that he died in the ring or from an OD. As of right now the cause of death is still undetermined and i have a hard time believing that it would be drug related seeing as how Eddie was a recovering alcoholic. Eddie was a real person and someone that I had a great amount of respect for.

Sterioids have not even been implicated in any of these wrestlers deaths. Almost all of the deaths have been tied to the deadly combination of painkillers/muscle relaxers with harsh drugs and/or alcohol.

RIP Eddie. He was always one of my favorites when I was addicted to Raw/Nitro during my high school days.

RIP Eddie.

you don't think showing respect is to make sure others don't die the same way :doh:

Guest sith lord
Sterioids have not even been implicated in any of these wrestlers deaths. Almost all of the deaths have been tied to the deadly combination of painkillers/muscle relaxers with harsh drugs and/or alcohol.

RIP Eddie. He was always one of my favorites when I was addicted to Raw/Nitro during my high school days.

No offense, but you're very nieve if you don't believe that steroids didn't have anything to do with all these guys' untimely deaths. It wasn't proven that steroids killed Lyle Alzado, but he was damn sure of it before he died.

No offense, but you're very nieve if you don't believe that steroids didn't have anything to do with all these guys' untimely deaths. It wasn't proven that steroids killed Lyle Alzado, but he was damn sure of it before he died.

Man, I've noticed we really don't agree on anything.

I don't believe I'm being naive here at all. The fact of the matter is, all of the death records have stated that these wrestlers are dying from combining drugs/alcohol with painkillers/muscle relaxers. The causes of death have been released for all these wrestlers and none of them so much as mention steroids.

I've never abused, nor have I ever had the desire to abuse steroids, but they're really not as dangerous as many will lead you to believe. Alcohol is much more dangerous as far as I (and many others) am concerned. Just about every wrestler in the WWE is doing or has done steroids during their careers. I will concede your point when a wrestler who doesnt abuse drugs, alcohol, pain killers or muscle relaxers dies. The sad truth is, that all of these wrestlers dying have these horrible non-steroid related habits.

Guest sith lord
Man, I've noticed we really don't agree on anything.

I don't believe I'm being naive here at all. The fact of the matter is, all of the death records have stated that these wrestlers are dying from combining drugs/alcohol with painkillers/muscle relaxers. The causes of death have been released for all these wrestlers and none of them so much as mention steroids.

I've never abused, nor have I ever had the desire to abuse steroids, but they're really not as dangerous as many will lead you to believe. Alcohol is much more dangerous as far as I (and many others) am concerned. Just about every wrestler in the WWE is doing or has done steroids during their careers. I will concede your point when a wrestler who doesnt abuse drugs, alcohol, pain killers or muscle relaxers dies. The sad truth is, that all of these wrestlers dying have these horrible non-steroid related habits.

You keep believing that.

I'll be the first one to tell you I have always hated wrestling,I just never seen what the big deal of it was.I watched it for two years when I was alittle boy and when I seen it was fake I never liked it anymore,but saying that I know these guys do it mainly for entertainment for the fans.I don't even know who Eddie Guerrero is but my condolances go out to the Eddie Guerrero.

Archived