Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Eddie Guerrero

Mattskins83

While steroids COULD have played a part it's highly doubtful. He had a bad drug and alcohol addiction for years. He had been in and out of rehab a couple of times. These wrestlers are known to pop alot of pain pills in order to continue working but also develop alcohol addictions. The combination of the two is a deadly combination. Many former bodybuilders are up in their 60s and 70s and popped alot more steroids and are healthy. The difference is they usually never drank or dealt with inuries by popping pain pills. They actually got medical attention when they had an injury.

Not saying steroids are OK because a young bodybuilder named Don Long had his career cut short because of steroids. He spends 4 hours, three days a week on a dialysis machine and is waiting for a kidney.

No offense, but you're very nieve if you don't believe that steroids didn't have anything to do with all these guys' untimely deaths. It wasn't proven that steroids killed Lyle Alzado, but he was damn sure of it before he died.

Lyle Alzado was not a Dr. No one else ever told him it was from steroids. There were no signs of androgen receptors in the tumor in his brain. That's how one would know if steroids were involved. As he said alcohol/pain killer combination usually does it. The combination an be an instant death if one or the other is overdone in one dosage.

Guest sith lord
Lyle Alzado was not a Dr. No one else ever told him it was from steroids. There were no signs of androgen receptors in the tumor in his brain. That's how one would know if steroids were involved. As he said alcohol/pain killer combination usually does it. The combination an be an instant death if one or the other is overdone in one dosage.

If you think about it, steroids is a form of pain killer. And Alzado might not of been a doctor, but he wasn't dumb. And if he believed steroids was killing him, I believe him.

I'd believe the autopsy or research done one the tumors. I understand what you are saying about steroids being a painkiller but we're splitting hairs here.

One other great hypocracy about our country is the total outrage the country has over the dangers of steroids yet alcohol and cigarettes are the reason for tens of thousands of deaths each year. The difference is money. Alcohol and tobacco companies have tons of lobbying money and are a cashcow for taxes. We go ballistic over steroids which may kill a few people a year while we celebrate alcohol which is the factor in 25,000 highway deaths a year.

Guest sith lord
I'd believe the autopsy or research done one the tumors. I understand what you are saying about steroids being a painkiller but we're splitting hairs here.

One other great hypocracy about our country is the total outrage the country has over the dangers of steroids yet alcohol and cigarettes are the reason for tens of thousands of deaths each year. The difference is money. Alcohol and tobacco companies have tons of lobbying money and are a cashcow for taxes. We go ballistic over steroids which may kill a few people a year while we celebrate alcohol which is the factor in 25,000 highway deaths a year.

Trust me, if alcohol and cigarettes were invented today, they would be illegal.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2005520678,00.html

Eddie was also set to perform in front of sell-out crowds on a WWE tour of Britain and Europe starting this week.

The Latino star, real name Eduardo Guerrero, was found dead yesterday in his hotel room in Minneapolis, America.

He leaves a wife Vickie and three daughters, Shaul, 14, Sherilyn, 9, and Kaylie Marie, 3.

Eddie was in Minneapolis to take part in the main event of the WWE’s Smackdown television show, where he was due to wrestle champion Batista and Randy Orton in a match for the world title.

With Batista recently suffering an injury, many expected Eddie to win the gold and add to an illustrious career that has made him one of the best wrestlers of his generation.

The news was broken to distraught fans by the WWE’s website, which reported everyone in the company "was deeply saddened by the news".

A popular star, with both fans and other wrestlers, Eddie will be remembered for amazing matches with friends of his, including Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle.

He was also starting his life over again with his family and the WWE after almost self-destructing on drink and drugs in 2001.

After finding religion and staying clean, Eddie was enjoying a remarkable run as a headline star in the WWE – holding the world championship for four months after beating Brock Lesnar in February 2004.

Family and friends started to worry about the star after a 7am wake up was not answered.

A call from his nephew Chavo Guerrero to the room and knocks on the door also went unanswered.

Security then opened the door and Eddie was found dead in the bathroom. He is reported to have died with his toothbrush in his mouth.

The cause of death is currently unknown, although it is believed to be due to heart failure.

every site ive been reading from said he died while brushing his teeth, so its believed it happened very suddenly, also he has been clean from drugs and alcohol for nearly 5 years now...such a shame R.I.P

Guest sith lord
if im not mistaken, the only wrestler to die and linked to steroids was the british bulldog, everyone else was from heart failure caused by drugs, alchohol, being mixed w/ pain killers

Alcohol is not killing these guys. It's the pain killers/steroids.

Latino Heat will definetely be missed. No one could do the 5 Star FrogSplash any better than Eddie. Definetely a big big loss to the WWE and their fans.

R.I.P. Eddie

Sort of stopped watching wrestling on a regular basis 12 months ago, but from what I remember, he always seemed to bring his A game. Yet another wrestler that had his life cut short...I guess as long as there is big money, these guys will continue to take risks.

Archived