Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Eddie Guerrero

Mattskins83

It's hard to believe that the WWE just came out with the DVD of Eddie Guerrero "Cheating Death" and now he's gone. I wonder if Chavo will give up the whole Kerwin White image and carry on the Guerrero name.

I can't say this enough. It is sad knowing that Eddie Guerrero died.

I think Chavo will give up Kerwin White and represent the Gurerrero name in the ring again.

As for drugs and alcohol, Chavo Guerrero Jr. held a conference with Vince McMahon on the day of Eddie's death and said that Eddie has been sober from drugs and alcohol for 4 years. But if anyone watched WCW back in the day, they would of remembered how skinny Eddie Guerrero was. I stopped watching wrestling for a couple years then I decided to tune in to WWE one day(after WCW and WWF merged). I saw Guerrero and his arms were huge. I'd be suprised if he didn't take roids.

Guest sith lord
I think Chavo will give up Kerwin White and represent the Gurerrero name in the ring again.

As for drugs and alcohol, Chavo Guerrero Jr. held a conference with Vince McMahon on the day of Eddie's death and said that Eddie has been sober from drugs and alcohol for 4 years. But if anyone watched WCW back in the day, they would of remembered how skinny Eddie Guerrero was. I stopped watching wrestling for a couple years then I decided to tune in to WWE one day(after WCW and WWF merged). I saw Guerrero and his arms were huge. I'd be suprised if he didn't take roids.

That's what I'm saying. It's very sad to see so many of these guys die so young. It's a serious question that should be looked into.

That's what I'm saying. It's very sad to see so many of these guys die so young. It's a serious question that should be looked into.

I agree. A couple names that stick out in my mind was Curt Henning(Mr. Perfect) and Rick Rude. I did a Google search on Henning and came across a good article.

Wrestling deaths and steroids

Steroids played a role in the deaths of several pro wrestlers since 1997, according to medical examiners, family members and the wrestlers themselves, including:

• Curt Hennig, 44, died of acute cocaine intoxication in February 2003, medical records show. But his father said last year that a lethal combination of steroids and painkillers contributed to his death.

•"The British Bulldog," Davey Boy Smith, 39,died in 2002 in Canada of an enlarged heart with evidence of microscopic scar tissue, possibly from steroid abuse, a coroner said. "Davey paid the price with steroid ****tails and human-growth hormones," says Bruce Hart, a veteran trainer who worked with Smith and was his brother-in-law.

•Louie "Spicolli" Mucciolo, 27, died from coronary disease in his San Pedro, Calif., home in 1998, according to his autopsy. Investigators found an empty vial of the male hormone testosterone, pain pills and an anxiety-reducing drug. The Los Angeles County coroner's office determined the drugs might have contributed to his heart condition.

•Richard "Ravishing Rick Rude" Rood, 40, died from an overdose of "mixed medications" in Alpharetta, Ga., in 1999, his autopsy shows. In 1994 he testified that he had used anabolic steroids to build muscle mass and relieve joint pain.

•"Flyin' "Brian Pillman, 35, was taking painkillers and human-growth hormones when he died from heart disease in 1997, his widow said several years ago. Investigators found empty bottles of painkillers near his body in a Minnesota hotel room.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2004-03-12-wrestling-list_x.htm

Now Eddie Guerrero's name will be there. RIP Eddie Guerrero.

Guest sith lord
I agree. A couple names that stick out in my mind was Curt Henning(Mr. Perfect) and Rick Rude. I did a Google search on Henning and came across a good article.

Now Eddie Guerrero's name will be there. RIP Eddie Guerrero.

I'll add Road Warrior Hawk to the list. I read an old article in the USA Today that said 65 pro wrestlers have died since 1997.

Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report

Nov. 15, 2005

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is still reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.”

Credit: WWE.com

Guest sith lord
Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report

Nov. 15, 2005

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is still reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.”

Credit: WWE.com

Whatever. I bet he had an enlarged heart.

Guest sith lord
Because you examined the body?

No. Because I know a few side effects from steroids. Isn't it kind of funny a lot of these guys die with enlarged hearts/heart problems?

Guest sith lord
He died from heart disease that was brought on through his mistakes earlier in life.

That's nothing more than PR. Look at a list of all the pro wrestlers that has died since 97. I read somewhere that it's 65. One thing most of them had in common is heart problems/enlarged heart. That's a hell of a coincidence. Go back and look at some of his early photos. And then tell me you don't think he's was on roids.

That's nothing more than PR. Look at a list of all the pro wrestlers that has died since 97. I read somewhere that it's 65. One thing most of them had in common is heart problems/enlarged heart. That's a hell of a coincidence. Go back and look at some of his early photos. And then tell me you don't think he's was on roids.

Until you show me your degree in medicine and have proof that you examined the body, I have to believe you're assuming...

And we all know what assuming does...

Guest sith lord
Until you show me your degree in medicine and have proof that you examined the body, I have to believe you're assuming...

And we all know what assuming does...

You don't need a degree. Don't take my word, look it up online. And then come back and tell me I'm lying.

Guest sith lord
You don't know...

I know other wrestlers have died from it in the past...

Ok...

You don't know that Guerrero did. Give it up.

And you don't know he didn't. How many more of these guys are gonna have to die before the age of 50 before it's taken seriously?

And you don't know he didn't. How many more of these guys are gonna have to die before the age of 50 before it's taken seriously?

I know what we've been told... Heart Disease.

That right now is the only fact within this entire argument. I'm done arguing with you about it.

Eddie was juiced know doubt about that the guy was really small then came back and was huge. I said it right then he was juiceing thier is no way to dispute that..

Did he die from heart problems yes he did. It was a combination of Drug,acohol and steriod abuse on top of working crazy hours with tons of stress living his lifestyle.

His wife would never say he died from steriod abuse even if he did but the guy put on 50+lbs of pure rock..

Guest sith lord
sith lord is like herpies, he comes around when you dont want him to and he just keeps irritating you to no end

That was almost funny. But you're right, the "truth" does have a way of irritating people.

Archived