Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best use of a Song in a Movie

Cannon2

Just was watching Collateral for the thousandth time and using Shadow of the Sun by Audioslave right after they see the wolf is just sick.

Funny that you mention that song... I had the CD, but NEVER gave that song any listening time, but when I heard the song in the movie, I was like "What song is that!!!!!!".

It was awesome in the movie.

Best is "In Your Eyes" in Say Anything.

Here's some great ones that many of you are missing:

Bohemian Rhapsody- Waynes World

Comfortably Numb- The Departed

Streets of Philadelphia- Philadelphia

As Time Goes By- Casablanca

Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon- Pulp Fiction

All the ones that came to my mind have been mentioned:

"Layla" in Goodfellas

"Mad World" in Donnie Darko

"Girl You'll Be A Woman Soon" in Pulp Fiction

I'd also say "Atlantis" in Goodfellas and the "Ecstasy of Gold" in Good, Bad, and the Ugly (not to mention the theme song).

Propellerheads - Spybreak! (Short One) in The Matrix

I like the entire Boogie Nights Soundtrack, as well as the Pulp Fiction soundtrack.

Technically it doesn't count, but during one of the spots for a season of Six Feet Under, I really liked the use of

Then again, it might be because I have a thing for Lauren Ambrose.

Another one that just came to mind is the beginning of 'Belly' when Mary J. Blige rocks that opening scene in the club where it is in slow motion black light and everyone's eyes are all freaky and white. "Steady, are you Ready?" Is part of the lyrics but I'm not sure the exact title of the song. That **** rocks. Dunno how many of y'all have scene Belly, it's a gangster movie with Nas and DMX but that's a great musical movie moment.

Btw, a lot of y'all put down "MAd World" at the end of Donnie Darko. That's one of my favs too so great choice there.

"You've got the touch" Transformers the Movie, everytime I see that it makes me want to fight evil
What, no love for "Dare To Be Stupid" by Weird Al? For whatever reason, that song in the movie stands out so clearly from the first time I watched it. That soundtrack was pretty cool actually, both versions of the "Transformers theme" are pretty sick, especially the one by Lion though.
Funny that you mention that song... I had the CD, but NEVER gave that song any listening time, but when I heard the song in the movie, I was like "What song is that!!!!!!".

It was awesome in the movie.

Same- I knew it was on the CD, but never payed much attention to it. After I rented "Collateral" though and saw that scene, I was like "damn, I need to go rethink that," and sure enough I ended up listening to it for about a week straight.

Don't think I saw this one yet:

Don't Fear the Reaper- Halloween

Also:

Dream On- Miracle

Afternoon Delight/Carry On My Wayward Son- Anchorman

Archived