Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best use of a Song in a Movie

Cannon2

I don't have a clear cut favorite but I'll start it off with a couple that come to mind.

"Mad World" - Donnie Darko

"Blinded by the Light" - Blow

"U've lost that loving feeling" - Top Gun

It'll be fun to keep this one going. Anything to make the next 15 hours(damn daylight savings) go fast! Hope it hasnt been done before.

I don't have a clear cut favorite but I'll start it off with a couple that come to mind.

"Mad World" - Donnie Darko

"Blinded by the Light" - Blow

"U've lost that loving feeling" - Top Gun

It'll be fun to keep this one going. Anything to make the next 15 hours(damn daylight savings) go fast! Hope it hasnt been done before.

Hell yes to Blinded by the Light. Brilliant song, brilliant movie.

Manfred Mann - Blinded by the Light; Blow

Geto Boys - Damn It Feels Good To Be a Gangsta; Office Space

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now; Shaun of the Dead

Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl; Boogie Nights

Edgar Winter - Free Ride; Dazed and Confused

Urge Overkill - Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon; Pulp Fiction

Simon and Garfunkel - Sounds of Silence; Old School

John Lennon - Oh Yoko!; Rushmore

Queen and David Bowie - Under Pressure; Grosse Pointe Blank

Bob Dylan - Blowin' in the Wind; Forrest Gump

I'm a huge fan of movie music. These don't even barely scratch the surface.

If that is the case, may I suggest 'Garden State' and 'A Love Song for Bobby Long', two movies with the best use of soundtrack I've seen in a long time.

Garden State has excellent music. My two favorites are:

Jimmy Eat World - Kill

Remy Zero - Fair

Awesome songs...definately both make my life's soundtrack

High Noon in High Noon

Both won academy awards and were such an integral part of one another that it is impossible to think of one without the other. Some might feel the same about Cabaret, but I think High Noon wins out because it hits with such tremendous inpact in the movie that no other song or theme is needed.

C'mon this is easy and noone has said it...

The theme from the Godfather! That lone trumpet is haunting and powerful - just like the Godfather himself. The scene where the guy finds the horse head in his sheets.... the song starts with the rising sun - its tune slowing creeping into the scene then the horror! Sorry for being overdramatic but I love that movie and there is no better fitting song in my opinion.

Conversely the greatest movie with the absolute worst music is Scarface. One of my favorite films but the music dowright blows.

Garden State has excellent music. My two favorites are:

Jimmy Eat World - Kill

Remy Zero - Fair

Awesome songs...definately both make my life's soundtrack

Hmmm...the Jimmy Eat World track isn't on the soundtrack...I don't remember what song that is. I like "In the Waiting Line" by Zero 7, "Don't Panic" by Coldplay, and "Let Go" by Frou Frou...

OK, this is cheap and maybe even childish as neither the movies nor scores were REALLY all that good. But, "Gonna Fly Now" from the Rocky movies was sweet. And admit it, some of you (and me) were the fools who cheered in the movie theater as if you were watching a real fight when that music hit.

uh ummmm

In Your Eyes - Say Anything

No question about it. This scene elicited an auto-make-out response from the girl I saw it with. Every one of my friends said the same thing. Watch this movie, get some sugar, guaranteed. The girls might have been thinking about John Cusack, but they were kissing us. :)

There really can't be a better use of a song in a movie than that.

OK, this is cheap and maybe even childish as neither the movies nor scores were REALLY all that good. But, "Gonna Fly Now" from the Rocky movies was sweet. And admit it, some of you (and me) were the fools who cheered in the movie theater as if you were watching a real fight when that music hit.

I have the Rocky theme as a ringtone for someone on my phone.

I think "Unchained Melody" from the movie Ghost was a great fit.

Blondie

Salisbury Hill - Peter Gabriel Vanilla SKy Cameron Crowe

Save Me - Amy Mann - Magnolia PT Anderson

Crowe and Anderson rule on soundtracks......including aforementioned usage of Tiny Dancer in Almost Famous and Jessie's Girl in Boogie Nights

Also Crowe snuck into Almost Famous one of my fav songs ever: Seen All Good People by Yes.

Big Props to those two directors. :notworthy

Archived