Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jets fans in denial about Coles...

Spaceman Spiff

To tell you the truth, if I were them I'd be in defense mode too. As embarrassing as this is to admit, I'm one of those Skins fans who tried to convince himself that Trung Canidate really was a better RB than Stephen Davis in Spurrier's offense and tried to defend the jettisoning of Davis to all my co-workers.

Deep down I knew we messed up but didn't want to admit it and that's what the Jets fans are going through right now.

I was against the trade and really against giving Moss an extension -- and am so glad I was wrong on both accounts. The guy has been a beast -- no receiver in the league is playing better. Not one. And the contract we gave him looks great now.

This is my all-time favorite:

comparing the stats of receievers on different teams is a waste of time, since WR more than any other position is dependent on other players, if your QB sucks then your WR are not going to have good stats

Ummm....how many Jets fans last year were saying the reason Coles sucked so bad last year was because of Brunell? :laugh:

Funny, they are saying that he's a ***** but he chased Sammy Knight all the way down the field and laid a hit on him in the endzone that wasnt really needed cause he was already in the endzone, but still, thats not a ***** thing to do.

And it doesnt matter that he cant take a hit, of course he cant, he's tiny. But he doesnt have to b/c nobody is fast enough to hit him.

Funny, they are saying that he's a ***** but he chased Sammy Knight all the way down the field and laid a hit on him in the endzone that wasnt really needed cause he was already in the endzone, but still, thats not a ***** thing to do.

And it doesnt matter that he cant take a hit, of course he cant, he's tiny. But he doesnt have to b/c nobody is fast enough to hit him.

amennnnnn

I thought about that as well. He came all the way from the other side of the field to hit Parker.

During the 78 yd TD that Moss had I was clapping and cheering for Moss, next thing I know a Jet fan pops up next to me. He just looked at the TV in disgust. I turned to a KC fan sitting next to me and said how the Jets could ever think of getting rid of Moss is beyond me. The KC fan agreed, and meanwhile the Jet fan kinda walked off in dusgust sat back at his table and folded his arms...it was great

It's funny how they're talking about his toughness, and unwillingness to make the intermediate catches. But I've seen him get his fair share of 15/20 yard stop and curl patterns. I've also seen him take on the middle of the field. Whatever, I'll just let the Jest fans talk about how much better Coles is while Santana continues to show me why he's better.

I was against the trade and really against giving Moss an extension -- and am so glad I was wrong on both accounts. The guy has been a beast -- no receiver in the league is playing better. Not one. And the contract we gave him looks great now.

As much as I like Moss and trust me hes fast becoming my favorite player, I do think there are a couple (not many) WR's currently in the league that are playing better. Steve Smith for one in my opinion.

However, hes definately in the top 5 currently and moving up on a weekly basis it seems. Heres to his continued success :cheers:

i remember when all the reporters and espn ppl said jets got the better end of the deal, coles is a better skilled reciever, hes more of a complete reciever, moss is only speed blah blah blah, well i see moss has shut them up

The amazing thing is that Moss was stuck in a West Coast offense for a few years they with the Jets. That doesn't exactly suit his strengths. Now what? They switch to a much more down field passing offense.

Regardless, I think Moss and a lot of the guys we have gotten since Gibbs came in felt that they had something to prove.

It sure isn't bad having a guys who has 5 straight games with a 30+ yard catch and over 600 yards receiving. Definitely a playmaker.

Archived