Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar on 980 today at 4:00 pm

NastyBoy

IIRC, Lavar has agreed to appear on the JT show every Monday. He's even mentioned his "commitment" in the past. I doubt that it is contractual. As to Gibbs or GW caring whether he does the weekly interview or not .. I doubt it. I WOULD bet that someone in the front office has been listening of late, however.

The Redskins need to be honest regarding Lavar, if he is not hurt, I can't believe that Lavar is not good enough to get any playing time at all. If that's the case, then Atlanta starting LB just went down for the year, if he is that bad then trade him to Atlanta. We're not being told the truth, is Daniel Snyder sending word down not to play him because of the contract dispute Lavar had with the organization. This situation makes me believe LColes when he said that he was told he would never play again if he complained about not playing.

The Redskins need to be honest regarding Lavar, if he is not hurt, I can't believe that Lavar is not good enough to get any playing time at all. If that's the case, then Atlanta starting LB just went down for the year, if he is that bad then trade him to Atlanta. We're not being told the truth, is Daniel Snyder sending word down not to play him because of the contract dispute Lavar had with the organization. This situation makes me believe LColes when he said that he was told he would never play again if he complained about not playing.

I think this thing started all from last year, the coaches didn't like him calling them out about rushing him back, Snyder didn't like him ****ing about the contract thing, I think lost in this, are players, prominent players, (i.e. Washignton, Springs) that questioned him as a "team" player and leader who is making the most money ... all in all, I think Gregg williams simply does not want a maverick out there calling his own plays and disrupting chemistry, and I think Gibbs trusts Williams judgement ...

Didn't LaVar have the plays written on his wrist band?

Wouldn't you think that meant his learning curve is still on the upswing?

Couldn't THAT be the reason he is on the field, INSTEAD of G. Williams ego.

And it reallty amazes me how STUPID GW became over the summer. Those of you singing his praises last year and wanting him to be the next head coach are NOW saying he is egotistical and needs to be fired.

And they say women are fickle.

Blondie

Didn't LaVar have the plays written on his wrist band?

Wouldn't you think that meant his learning curve is still on the upswing?

Couldn't THAT be the reason he is on the field, INSTEAD of G. Williams ego.

And it reallty amazes me how STUPID GW became over the summer. Those of you singing his praises last year and wanting him to be the next head coach are NOW saying he is egotistical and needs to be fired.

And they say women are fickle.

Blondie

:notworthy :applause: :cheers:

I agree 100%!!!

BTW - Nice meeting ya at the Seattle game.

Pssssst, Tom brady wears a wrist band. He's won 3 Super Bowls.

Lavar played multiple positions (D-line and both LB spots) and that might have contributed to him wearing a wrist band. He also somehow retained his starting spot until he actually suffered an injury.

Now, that's not saying he's the same as he was, but let's stop blowing up every little thing to mean he's somehow stupid or isn't learning something as simple as the plays. Discipline and making sure you know the assignments is not necessarily the same as just knowing the plays.

Lavar played multiple positions (D-line and both LB spots) and that might have contributed to him wearing a wrist band. He also somehow retained his starting spot until he actually suffered an injury.

Now, that's not saying he's the same as he was, but let's stop blowing up every little thing to mean he's somehow stupid or isn't learning something as simple as the plays. Discipline and making sure you know the assignments is not necessarily the same as just knowing the plays.

Psssssst, Tom Brady is a quarterback.

Psssssst, Tom Brady is a quarterback.

And one would have thought the rest of my post addressed the QB/LB thing. Or did you really just the one-liner response? :silly:

As for Lavar, he had that wristband, I believe, when he was starting. I can check if I'm wrong or someone can correct me.

In other news, we had no 'starters' on defense previously, just guys who were used more or less. Now, "lavar isn't a starter." Now, I'm pretty sure Gibbs jst means "a guy who is tops on the depth chart and considered the best at that position who gets the most snaps" but it still makes the coaching staff sound self-contradictory.

more importantly, all I was doing was trying to point out that a wristband is not necessarily a sign of 'not knowing the system.' Also, when Williams says what he's trying to teach Lavar is difficult to learn, I don't think it has to do with someone who 'doesnt even know the plays' but needs to demonstrate restraint and discipline. Again, this makes the wristband 'evidence' irrelevant, I believe.

Actually, I think most QBs wear wristbands these days as a way to speed up playcalling. For instance, a lot of plays take like 10 seconds to say because the play is literally stating every route a player will run - sometimes 5 routes in a play. So that's 20 seconds of verbiage between the OC calling the play and the QB relaying the play to the offense.

The way they speed it up is by just giving the play a number. Let's say they have 200 plays planned for a game. Each play will be numbered 1-200 on the QBs wristband and the OC will call the number rather than the entire play. That way you saved like 8 seconds which could allow you to avoid delay of games, audible, etc.

So I don't think it's necessarily a matter of not knowing the offense. :)

Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin - Defender of benched players everywhere!

anybody who thinks lavar's learning curve is still like a hockey stick is truly clueless. the reason he is not playing has got absolutely nothing to do with his mental or physicl abilities. wake up and smell the coffee. he is probably one of the smartest guys on the team. therein lies the problem. he has called out the coaches and owner. the contract situation pissed off snyder. notice how when it was resolved he thanked everyone except snyder. that cant sit well with snyder's ego especially after he is paying him that much.

Ghost,

The pathetic nature of the defense of Lavar is astounding. Now he's compared to Tom Brady. Look, Ghost, this is not a guess. It's not speculation. Lavar DOES NOT KNOW THE SYSTEM. Figure this out on your own from now on. Quit needing your hand held every time you don't like something.

This stuff is EASY.

Lavar is behind. He's trying to pick it up. There's no confusing it. And, it's not a guess.

It's not that hard to process. There's NOTHING else at play here. When Lavar is ready he'll play. He's not ready. He knows it. His teammates know it. He loves them. They love him. But, everyone knows it. Except you and those like you who refuse to even contemplate the possibility.

Again, this is NOT a guess.

anybody who thinks lavar's learning curve is still like a hockey stick is truly clueless. the reason he is not playing has got absolutely nothing to do with his mental or physicl abilities. wake up and smell the coffee. he is probably one of the smartest guys on the team. therein lies the problem. he has called out the coaches and owner. the contract situation pissed off snyder. notice how when it was resolved he thanked everyone except snyder. that cant sit well with snyder's ego especially after he is paying him that much.

Chet, one must consider the source when being called clueless here. Especially after reading your post. Though coming from an obvious expert in the area such as yourself, perhaps there is reason for concern. So of course the first thing that Coach Gibbs does after the settlement of the contract dispute is cave on word that Dan is pissed at Lavar and benches him. That clearly explains why they wanted the dispute resolved and are paying him good money for. To sit him. Right. I mean, there were other avenues they could have pursued. I see. I may need to wake up and smell the coffee but I think it's safe to say you need to take it internally. Now. IV. Stat.

Ghost,

The pathetic nature of the defense of Lavar is astounding. Now he's compared to Tom Brady. Look, Ghost, this is not a guess. It's not speculation. Lavar DOES NOT KNOW THE SYSTEM. Figure this out on your own from now on. Quit needing your hand held every time you don't like something.

This stuff is EASY.

Lavar is behind. He's trying to pick it up. There's no confusing it. And, it's not a guess.

It's not that hard to process. There's NOTHING else at play here. When Lavar is ready he'll play. He's not ready. He knows it. His teammates know it. He loves them. They love him. But, everyone knows it. Except you and those like you who refuse to even contemplate the possibility.

Again, this is NOT a guess.

---------------

This isn't easy.... Aren't the drugs though??? Seriously, let's say LA doesn't see the field anymore this year via trade or the coaches yelping about "intellectual ineptitude", are you prepared to say it was b/c he couldn't pick up the playbook and play in at least one package? Would you be willing to honestly say that's the real reason??? Or is he picking up where Lavaerneous Coles and Snyder left off (albeit different players (LA) and the coaching staff (take your pick).

Until this past weekend I would've bet my last dollar he'd be STARTING before this season was out. Now, i wouldn't bet he'd see the field. I mean, let you folks tell it, he doesn't know how to tie his shoes. This IS a farce!!!

Ghost,

The pathetic nature of the defense of Lavar is astounding. Now he's compared to Tom Brady.

What is astounding is that you can't see the meaning of a post and a response to it.

1) Blondie mentioned(and it has been mentioned elsewhere) that Lavar wore a wristband with plays, and states this as a reason that Lavar is sitting--that he doesn't know the defense or the plays.

2) I point out that Tom Brady wears a wristband and that it might not be that wearing a wristband is indicative of not knowing an offense.

3) I could point to other players, both those who ARE a bit unfamiliar(maybe Big Ben) and those who are well-schooled(Brady,) as well as those who are in defensive positions(though I'd have to watch some games to refresh my memory on the def players, I've seen it though) who wear wristbands.

4) You assume, like so many people on this board immediately do, that by bringing up a counterexample to disprove a SPECIFIC POINT, that somehow someone is comparing two players, in terms of quality or production or mastery of the game. That is a mistake I did not think you would be prone to making.

Plenty of guys are 'behind' all over the NFL to varying degrees and play a little or are only given a few responsibilities. Lavar must have been behind last year too, but somehow started until he got hurt. What I've been saying is that the injury impacted his 'feel' for the system after being out and his confidence in himself and his leg didn't help. That's fine. No reasonable person is saying Lavar should go 50 snaps if the coaches don't think it wise. But reasonable people CAN disagree that he gets 0 snaps in a game, and reasonable people certainly CAN rebut certain SPECIFIC points that people make in criticism, especially when they are brought up over and over again (ex. the wristband thing)

We can go back and forth on this, but what you seem unable to do is separate the position someone takes from a very specific debunking or countering of a point they believe holds no water(or is only minimally valid.)

-----In any event, I agree that his teammates love him, he loves them, that the coaches like him and value him and that he will eventually play.

As I stated previously, one can disagree with elements or to the degree a point is made or an action taken, without completely disagreeing or doubting the coach or player.

Archived