Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next all things Lavar -- post-Denver (MERGED)

Dan T.

So far, he's got more positive thought than what you've posted.

To actually think that the coaching staff has some kind of vendetta against Lavar is downright comical to me. If fans should be mad at anyone, place that anger on Lavar and not the coaching staff.

He's had approximately 18 months to learn this defense and his responsibilities in it. Yet, he can't even display this in PRACTICE!

If Holdman is as horrid as some here think, surely Lavar could outclass him in practice,don't you think??

You armchair coordinators scare me.......

According to numerous reports, LA ISN'T getting a lot of reps in practice, and the ones he has have been with the second team.

So much for the "not showing it in practice" BS!

The thing you don't grasp is we are playing our best players. The team isn't letting everyone down because Lavar isn't yet one of our best players. He can become that again. I hate to see the team he tears up his first game back with lots of time.

It's simply not hard to understand though. When the people who are coaching Lavar feel he's one of our best players, he'll play.

Really Art then please tell me how many sacks we have and fumbles we have caused, oh wait one of the guys who can cause that type of play is on the bench. Even on passing downs when he is the only player that can get to the QB by himself he still sits there.

We can not get a passrush with our DL so we have to blitz all the time, and because of that we lost the game.

You know Art, I'd love to see how our team is improving, and certainly our offense has, but our defense has regressed!

No, the defense hasn't really regressed.

We've played four games. In four games against three Top 10 offenses we will be ranked in the top five overall. There are areas we aren't doing as well as we'd like, but, we're playing well-coached, disciplined, prepared teams. We're likely to see them be more productive than the weaker offenses we played a year ago.

Next week we play another top offense.

We're a bit more injured as well this year with the limitations at corner and safety having hit us a bit. But, today left us a little hurt because of two big runs we normally don't give up. On the whole that was as dominant as our defense has played here in terms of slowing the offense down and getting off the field on third down with six three and outs.

Obviously this was a better game for the defense than last week.

According to numerous reports, LA ISN'T getting a lot of reps in practice, and the ones he has have been with the second team.

So much for the "not showing it in practice" BS!

If you're talking about Bram's so-called reports, he doesn't even get to watch all of practice.

According to Williams, Lavar gets just as many reps and as much work as anyone.

Really Art then please tell me how many sacks we have and fumbles we have caused, oh wait one of the guys who can cause that type of play is on the bench. Even on passing downs when he is the only player that can get to the QB by himself he still sits there.

We can not get a passrush with our DL so we have to blitz all the time, and because of that we lost the game.

Do you really think the lack of pass rush is why we lost the game? Plummer completed 10 passes. If anything I think penalties are really the only thing I was disappointed in today. While I would like to see our D start causing turnovers I dont think the lack thereof was the reason for our loss. Nor was the lack of pass rush IMO.

One play stood out to me with Holdman. The play Maas was drooling over how well Daniels played the boot, the play was REALLY made by Holdman. If you have a chance, watch this play again. The boot was read, and as the QB came out, I was wondering what the hell Holdman was doing. Then I saw it. He found a man buried in traffic who was his assignment. The QB wasn't. The receiver was. He went right to him and covered him. Daniels also did his job taking the QB boot away.

But, I couldn't help but think this play was why Arrington's not in. At linebacker he would have seen Plummer boot and likely screamed at him, leaving a 30-yard gain behind him. And at end, he wouldn't have played it square, under control and even to take the boot away. It was that play more than anything that Arrington has not played well. When he can start doing just the job asked of

him, he'll be in.

Hold on buddy, the only reason Plummer didn't get around the corner was because Sean Taylor, not Holdman came around the corner, when Plummer say Taylor he cut back to the middle!! So had it not been for Taylor, Plummer would have run outside and been gone for a good long gain!!!!!

Please check it out!!!:mad:

This Lavar crap is crazy!!!! Get the egos out of the game.................I'm talking about the coaches.

We should understand that if Jake Plummer had any kind of accuracy we would have lost that game 42-19. There were at least 2 or 3 long plays to Rod Smith that were overthrown that would have set Denver up for an easy score!!!!

I was saying it last week, when Seattle ran down the field on us, "wake up, this defense is not as good as we think"

No pas rush, no turnovers, and an huge ego of a d-coach, and linebackers coach will be the doom of us.

What I am sad to see is that Gibbs doesn't have the guts enough to step in and say "this ain't right" because he doesn't want to step on anyones toes!!

I know one thing............I'm giving up my seats next year, if anyone wants them they are in the Loge section of Fed Ex field. This is ridiculous!!!

Do you really think the lack of pass rush is why we lost the game? Plummer completed 10 passes. If anything I think penalties are really the only thing I was disappointed in today. While I would like to see our D start causing turnovers I dont think the lack thereof was the reason for our loss. Nor was the lack of pass rush IMO.

The lack of pass rush forced us to blitz more and left us open for big plays, both lung rushing tds happened because we had to blitz so many to create a pass rush.

We should understand that if Jake Plummer had any kind of accuracy we would have lost that game 42-19. There were at least 2 or 3 long plays to Rod Smith that were overthrown that would have set Denver up for an easy score!!!!

Don't forget Harris was out and Springs was out.

JB, Arrington hardly played a year ago and we did fine. Teams have adjusted to some of what we do and we have used that to our advantage for the most part. Arrington can create turnovers and get sacks. He can also help teams convert third down and make more big plays by not doing his job. When the staff feels the reward surpasses the risk you'll see him. You shouldn't want it otherwise.

So, why do you?

Hold on buddy, the only reason Plummer didn't get around the corner was because Sean Taylor, not Holdman came around the corner, when Plummer say Taylor he cut back to the middle!! So had it not been for Taylor, Plummer would have run outside and been gone for a good long gain!!!!!

Please check it out!!!:mad:

This Lavar crap is crazy!!!! Get the egos out of the game.................I'm talking about the coaches.

I was saying it last week, when Seattle ran down the field on us, "wake up, this defense is not as good as we think"

No pas rush, no turnovers, and an huge ego of a d-coach, and linebackers coach will be the doom of us.

What I am sad to see is that Gibbs doesn't have the guts enough to step in and say "this ain't right" because he doesn't want to step on anyones toes!!

I know one thing............I'm giving up my seats next year, if anyone wants them they are in the Loge section of Fed Ex field. This is ridiculous!!!

While you're at it, please move to Dallas and be one of their fans. This team doesn't need you.

Huhh!! :doh:

Our D lost the game this week!

No it didn't. Six points taken away on special teams -- block and penalty -- had more to do with it than the defense. The defense holding the Broncos to so many three play series is why we were even in the game enough to have a chance.

JB, Arrington hardly played a year ago and we did fine. Teams have adjusted to some of what we do and we have used that to our advantage for the most part. Arrington can create turnovers and get sacks. He can also help teams convert third down and make more big plays by not doing his job. When the staff feels the reward surpasses the risk you'll see him. You shouldn't want it otherwise.

So, why do you?

We did, dam I didn't know we were in the playoffs last year, thanks for letting us all know Art :doh:

I love how you are fine with the highest paid player not even seeing the field.

I guess you didn't hear LA saying he would do anything to help the team, so why doesn't the coaches say we will play you at end before you show the discipline you need, or do you feel Wynn is just so much better :doh:

We did, dam I didn't know we were in the playoffs last year, thanks for letting us all know Art :doh:

I love how you are fine with the highest paid player not even seeing the field.

I guess you didn't hear LA saying he would do anything to help the team, so why doesn't the coaches say we will play you at end before you show the discipline you need, or do you feel Wynn is just so much better :doh:

I don't understand your first sentence.

As for the rest, yes, I'm fine with our highest paid player not even seeing the field. In fact, I'm HAPPY about it for what it means and I'm disturbed you're not happy about it. We finally have a staff that doesn't care who you are if you're not doing your job.

Wynn has been a consistent starter for NINE years and two teams. He's world's better than Lavar at defensive end. He's so much better it's not even close. At least at defensive end. There's a reason Wynn is the one guy who never misses a down despite having three different coordinators and there's a reason Lavar has driven two of the game's top defensive minds to exasperation.

Why are you so blind to all this?

Don't forget Harris was out and Springs was out.

Doesn't matter, whoever was in the game then they would have got burned, mainly because we have NO pass rush. On top of that, I'm tired of seeing our LB's run around and miss tackles. If Arrington is sooooo undisaplined then it might seem that is what we might need, cause them dudes ain't getting it done. Thank goodness for the rain today.

I don't understand your first sentence.

As for the rest, yes, I'm fine with our highest paid player not even seeing the field. In fact, I'm HAPPY about it for what it means and I'm disturbed you're not happy about it. We finally have a staff that doesn't care who you are if you're not doing your job.

Wynn has been a consistent starter for NINE years and two teams. He's world's better than Lavar at defensive end. He's so much better it's not even close. At least at defensive end. There's a reason Wynn is the one guy who never misses a down despite having three different coordinators and there's a reason Lavar has driven two of the game's top defensive minds to exasperation.

Why are you so blind to all this?

You said we were fine last year, that is why the first sentence.

Art just be honest for once do you honestly feel the only reason why LA is not playing is because of ability to not pratice well.

Funny how he was the starter last year untill he got hurt though, then just the other player became so much better, sorry but there is more going on here, and it is hurting the team.

While you're at it, please move to Dallas and be one of their fans. This team doesn't need you.

O.K. I will as soon as You find me a house, pay for it, move all of my belongings, and everything else.

I respect everyone's opinions on here and it's cool, but I ain't that dude to play with like that:mad: :mad:

Doesn't matter, whoever was in the game then they would have got burned, mainly because we have NO pass rush. On top of that, I'm tired of seeing our LB's run around and miss tackles. If Arrington is sooooo undisaplined then it might seem that is what we might need, cause them dudes ain't getting it done. Thank goodness for the rain today.

As for the dudes not getting it done. We are 3-1. We won those games through a serious defensive effort. 9-7 and 14-13 are proof our D is "getting it done".

You said we were fine last year, that is why the first sentence.

Art just be honest for once do you honestly feel the only reason why LA is not playing is because of ability to not pratice well.

Funny how he was the starter last year untill he got hurt though, then just the other player became so much better, sorry but there is more going on here, and it is hurting the team.

We were fine last year, JB. Are you saying we weren't fine on defense? Please tell me you're not that much of a tool? As for honesty, JB, I've never been anything else. I KNOW the reason Arrington's not playing is because he doesn't know the defense and makes mistakes which stand out when he's at practice. What other reason would there be, exactly?

Arrington wasn't "smarter" last year. Less of the defense was implemented because it was new.

O.K. I will as soon as You find me a house, pay for it, move all of my belongings, and everything else.

I respect everyone's opinions on here and it's cool, but I ain't that dude to play with like that:mad: :mad:

And a true fan doesn't give up on his team after the FIRST loss of the season(a young season at that) because the coach won't play his favorite player.:2cents:

If you're talking about Bram's so-called reports, he doesn't even get to watch all of practice.

According to Williams, Lavar gets just as many reps and as much work as anyone.

And normally I would take the coach's word, but I think that GW has lost all credibility. There's obviously something else afoot here!

Archived