Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next all things Lavar -- post-Denver (MERGED)

Dan T.

You act like Lavar is going to be like the player he was before. We've have a lot of people with the team who say he isn't yet. Wouldn't you think he'd be playing if he was? Some thought here....

Jason

Do you have some tangible proof that he would not?

Who are the people on the team that you are talking about? So far, all I have heard was a bunch of weak excuses refering to packages and practice.

And G. Williams' excuse about LaVar needing to perform in practice loses water after it was reported on the radio that he does not get a significant number of opportunites in practice to do anything.

Where are all the GW doesn't make mistakes and is god people now????? 2 huge runs for td's!!! HE IS A HUMAN WITH AN EGO and it has cost us. Get Lavar in the game. It's our team not theirs. We will be here in 40 years and have been here for the past 68 it's OUR team. Play OUR best players or get out of town. We are tired of hearing about packages and nonsense and watching the opposition run for long scores and drive for long drives. If we held the opposition to 10 points every game fine, but WE DON'T.

WHO WAS OUT OF POSITION WHEN THEY GASHED US????? It wasn't "freelancing" Lavar. This freelancing BS is media ignorant speak and 56 on the bench is GW ego that he can win with journey men because of his schemes and brilliance. Like Joe says you win with players so get the best ones in the game before you ruin OUR teams chances. Does everyone understand how far in the lead of the EAST and the nfc we would be had we won. MORAL VICTORIES ARE FOR LOSERS!!!

Greg Williams said on the post game show that Lavar is getting better. The reason he didn't play today is they didn't have any long passing downs, which is what they had planned for him TODAY.

He went on to say that what he needs to know is hard to learn, but he'll be in there soon.

Do you have some tangible proof that he would not?

Do you that he would?

Who are the people on the team that you are talking about? So far, all I have heard was a bunch of weak excuses refering to packages and practice.

You must not have been reading ALL the threads. There are words from Lindsey that say he's not doing it in practice.

And G. Williams' excuse about LaVar needing to perform in practice loses water after it was reported on the radio that he does not get a significant number of opportunites in practice to do anything.

Reported from a reporter who doesn't see all of practice? Yeah, that's hard evidence there... :doh:

Jason

Here is what absolutely puzzles me about this whole situations. When you go back and listen to Williams interviews he always talks about how systems don't win games, it's the players. He mentions repeatedly that he tailors his system around his players yet he cannot find a way to give Arrington any significant playing time.

Arrington has some unique talents and our inability to harness that talent quarely falls on the shoulders of the coaching staff.

You know I think any player that has been out an extended period of time needs reps in a real game to get back to their old playing self...so to speak. I looked for LaVar out there a few times today, remembering some of his plays in terms of stopping the run and putting pressure on the QB in years past and I was very disappointed. We could have used his ability, his leadership, and his enthusiasm today.

Maybe next week. I think I said that last week..

Gotta love that small tidbit, only 3 players didn't play a single snap in that game, Ramsey, Raymer and....Arrington. Well, for all those that loved to use the "We're 3-0 and the defense is playing great!" line, now what do you have to say? The defense got burned quite a few times, had no turnovers yet again, face reality that it's time to get him in the game. On top of that, they need to get him in at LB, not just DE.

Hmm Maybe the reson Gregg Williams got canned in Buffalo is the fact that he is an idiot. Why would you put one of the best linebackers on the bench? I just don't see the damn point why must us fans endure stupidity of the highest level with our favorite team?

Stop the insanity and play Lavar!!! I would like to see him in the game against the Eagles so he can end Donovans career.

Gotta love that small tidbit, only 3 players didn't play a single snap in that game, Ramsey, Raymer and....Arrington. Well, for all those that loved to use the "We're 3-0 and the defense is playing great!" line, now what do you have to say? The defense got burned quite a few times, had no turnovers yet again, face reality that it's time to get him in the game. On top of that, they need to get him in at LB, not just DE.

Actually he may have been good today as a DE on the weak side to spy the bootleg. Regardless, something needs to be done about that. - Two weeks in a row we've been burned repeatedly on the bootleg, so you know teams will keep doing it untill we stop it.

There is obviously more to the LaVar situation then meets the eye. I just hope both sides work this mess out and choose to go in one direction or another already.

As for what Gregg Williams says here, I'll believe it when I see it. I find it hard to believe that there wasn't ONE situaition where LaVar could have been used as a pass rusher in this game. Even that moron Czabe pointed out, there were only 3 players who didn't get at least one play in this game: Ramsey, Raymer, and LaVar.

I'm just getting sick of this LaVar situaition. It's :pooh: or get off the pot time. If you're not going to play LaVar even one f'in snap, just deactivate him and get somebody in there that you can maybe use. :doh:

If he is undisciplined I can agree with some benching. The thing I don't understand is absolutely no playing time for Lavar. The coaches are obviously trying to break him. I just hope they know what they're doing. If they take it too far they can kill his spirit, then he won't be good for anything.

Archived