Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next all things Lavar -- post-Denver (MERGED)

Dan T.

Is that the answer to the mystery of Lavar's inactivity? Daniel Snyder does not like being crossed. Has he pulled a power play in response to Lavar challenging him on the $6 million dispute, and put the word out that Mr. Arrington needs to be put in his place?

Atlanta Skins Fan, please check on this theory and report back with the facts ASAP. Check Lavar's den for a new Sony widescreen.

Does anyone think that Snyder has something to do with Arrington's inexplicable inactivity?

I thought you were joking with this thread... so to answer your question, NO.

Joe Gibbs and the coaching staff are in the driver's seat. End of discussion.

No way in hell Dan makes a guy sit out who the coaches thought could help them win. That is ludicrous. If one were to assume anything, it would be that Dan is miffed about Arrington's lack of playing time.

I mean, if I were Dan, and I just payed a guy millions upon millions so that my coach could come in and make him ride the pine, I would be a bit embarassed. I would have a bit of egg on my face. I would wonder what in the hell I was thinking, and what kind of talent evaluator talked me into signing this guy to a longterm deal... a guy beaten out for the starting job by an NFL journeyman. Then I would call Vinny Cerratto into my office for a talk. :)

But that's just if I were Dan. ;)

I thought you were joking with this thread... so to answer your question, NO.

Joe Gibbs and the coaching staff are in the driver's seat. End of discussion.

No way in hell Dan makes a guy sit out who the coaches thought could help them win. That is ludicrous. If one were to assume anything, it would be that Dan is miffed about Arrington's lack of playing time.

I mean, if I were Dan, and I just payed a guy millions upon millions so that my coach could come in and make him ride the pine, I would be a bit embarassed. I would have a bit of egg on my face. I would wonder what in the hell I was thinking, and what kind of talent evaluator talked me into signing this guy to a longterm deal... a guy beaten out for the starting job by an NFL journeyman. Then I would call Vinny Cerratto into my office for a talk. :)

But that's just if I were Dan. ;)

But the Lavernaeious incident gives me pause. Snyder got pissed, and vowed to make Coles sit on his ass rather than pay him, thus the Big Screen TV threat. If he did it once, why not again?

But the Lavernaeious incident gives me pause. Snyder got pissed, and vowed to make Coles sit on his ass rather than pay him, thus the Big Screen TV threat. If he did it once, why not again?

He was doing that in support of Gibbs position (wanting to trade for Santana).

Doing that to Lavar would be undermining Gibbs.

Dan loves his chess buddy Lavar.

Gregg Williams doesn't tolerate mistakes.

I'm so mad I can't type. For Gods sake why didn't we play Arrington ? Is Greg Williams an egomaniac ? Didn't he say that Arrington would get more time this week ? What sin could Arrington have possibly committed to warrant the bench ? If he has ticked the coaches off so bad why is he on the team ? Well this week it cost us a loss ! I really want an explanation. Not some meally mouth puke telling me it's the coach's choice and he doesn't fit into the package or any of that crap.:jerk: ...Arrington would have made a difference and changed the outcome of this game. If he's creating dissention just tell us. I'm not intoxicated... yet !

i don't agree with you that gregg williams is a "mealy mouthed puke". he's the reason why our defense has been so good this year and last year. true, we gave up some big runs today, and i also wish lavar was there, but he must have reasons. hopefully he sees that lavar can make a big impact and put him back in there. it really disappoints me, because i believe that lavar is a great run stopper, and he would've made a bigger impact in this game. don't forget that on one of bell's td runs, it was holdman who missed a tackle. with lavar in there, i don't think that would've happened.

ARRINGTON SHOULD BE IN THE GAME AT ALL TIMES!!!! All the Arrington haters apparently have no idea the complete waste of talent this guy is sitting on the bench...he is a IMPACT PLAYER....PERIOD! Its a damn sin having him sit there knowing he could be the one to make plays that could eventually lead to defensive domination...and victorys! That is the point in playing your best players!

i don't agree with you that gregg williams is a "mealy mouthed puke". he's the reason why our defense has been so good this year and last year. true, we gave up some big runs today, and i also wish lavar was there, but he must have reasons. hopefully he sees that lavar can make a big impact and put him back in there. it really disappoints me, because i believe that lavar is a great run stopper, and he would've made a bigger impact in this game. don't forget that on one of bell's td runs, it was holdman who missed a tackle. with lavar in there, i don't think that would've happened.
I'm not saying that Coach is a puke. I'm saying some people on this board are. Coach has done a great job. I just want to know why Arrington didn't play. We need him.

ummm...I like Arrington and all, but in case you didn't notice, I believe it was #56 that missed a key tackle and let in a rushing TD.
I shouldn't have made the post. I didn't get to see the game, I had to watch it on the computer. I'm just so ticked off at the loss. I think that I will go get drunk now. Later

ummm...I like Arrington and all, but in case you didn't notice, I believe it was #56 that missed a key tackle and let in a rushing TD.

The number on that jersey was #57 not #56.

LaVar's one play was when he flushed Plummer out of the pocket and forced an errant throw. Unless, of course that number was #58.

Archived