Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next all things Lavar -- post-Denver (MERGED)

Dan T.

I bet he knee is not 100%. We could use him next year. Get Healthy first. If he gets hurt again before he is 100% who looks like the dummy? If you watch baseball you know who important elbow's and shoulder's are. The same can be said with football and Knee's

We can not trade LA until after June 1st, 2006 unless it is an uncapped year! The problem is simply if we do not play him all the teams will wait until we cut him. If he plays, and plays well, teams would be unsure and we could get value for him.

Who says a top defense has to have sacks and takeaways. Yes, it would be nice, but I believe we had 5 consecutive 3 and outs vs the Bronocs. With the defense it's all going to be about field position, as long as it's in our favor, I'm not going to worry about it. The sacks and takeaways will come sooner or later.

At this point, I'm sick of all the Lavar talk, it's taking away from being 3-1. Gregg Williams has had a top 5 defense everywhere he's coached. If he thinks Lavar shouldn't play, I'm on board with the coach. I'm a fan of the Washington Redskins, not the Washington Arrington.

Your first sentence should read

"Maybe the reason Freezer got banned from ES is the fact that he is an idiot"

You are a real class act Freeze :doh:

Umm What the hell are you talking about?? Banned from ES? Why would I get banned from this site for expressing my opinion on the topic at hand?

I see nothing wrong with my post, there is no abusive nor offensive language in it so therefore I don't think it is possible for me to be banned over what I said.

I personally like LaVar he has been one of my favorite players since we drafted him, reguardless of how you or anyone else feels about him here he is a force to be reckoned with if utilized to his full potential. Sitting him on the bench allowing him to play two plays here and there is a waste of $50+ million but then again what money hasn't Daniel Snyder wasted in the past few years? I could name several people he has blown money on.

Like him or not we are obviously stuck with his services for awhile due to the enormous cap hit we would take just to trade him away and I would guarantee that if we trade him away he will haunt this team for years to come.

Nice to hear you know more than Gregg Williams. Never mind that EVERY defense he's been in charge in has been top notch. We have Freezer to turn things around.

One question, If he is so damn great why isn't he the head coach in Buffalo anymore?

Ok, once again i come on this board and read more and more of the same..."we want lavar" well in the words of the rock "it doesnt matter what you think". We are fans on this board and i have read comments like "i know for a fact we would have won with lavar" or "Not playing Lavar lost us the game." Who in the hell are you people? The first Td run Phillip Daniles missed him and Bowen on the second...neither play Lb. What if on another play Lavar missed, what if he had an int? It doesnt matter we DONT KNOW and we cant assume. People want "answers" but when they get them from GW, they are not good enough. you people make me sick, go root for another if you are so in love with just 1 player. Football is the ultimate team sport, ask the Patriots, who got rid of alot of their big name players year after year, but there fans dont care, because they understand the team concept. Can we all stop ****ing for Lavar, GW will play him when he thinks he is ready, and when he does, he will make an impact, but not because he is Lavar, because GW will have taught him what to do, so he can make plays, "power is nothing without control." GW is teaching him the control that he needs. Remember Lavar missed a year in this system that most people have been in for 2. Would you rather have Lavar play and not do well, or wait and have him be stellar when he returns? Once again silly knowledge has been dropped

I have been wondering about this subject for a few weeks now. It now seems that this thing is going bad REAL fast.

Gibbs told the guy on Channel 9 sports when asked about Arrington that "he likes the LB's they have starting now"

That says one of two things, he is BLIND as a bat!!! Or there is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more to this than him not knowing some defense!!! I hate to say it, but my gut feeling is that LA is out of here soon.

Lavar was asked how he felt about not playing, and didn't have much to say. Didn't say anything negative, but you could tell it was Pissing him off.

I wish the guy luck, because he is not being treated fairly at all.

I know all of the Lavar haters are happy about this, but I'm sad to see the last REAL REDSKIN get treated like this. Try to get another player commit to this team like he did before, IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

All of the M. Washington fans, wait until his contract is close to being up.........he'll be gone. The only one we might have left is Jon Jansen.

Bad move Redskins.

Joe Gibbs............................I don't know what to say about cha anymore.:mad:

kb7... Be very careful cuz these LA haters are rabid. I've got your back though. Besides, they have to come from under GW's sizzack before they can read your post.

Anyway, I wonder what this will mean for other potential free-agents and their perception on how organization-exiled stars get treated? If it happened to LA it could happen to anyone.

Oh well, he's outta here (LA). This is going to get far uglier than I thought.

kb7... Be very careful cuz these LA haters are rabid. I've got your back though. Besides, they have to come from under GW's sizzack before they can read your post.

Anyway, I wonder what this will mean for other potential free-agents and their perception on how organization-exiled stars get treated? If it happened to LA it could happen to anyone.

Oh well, he's outta here (LA). This is going to get far uglier than I thought.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm just really dissapointed in this organization. I said before that it would affect other free agents, but I was bomb out by a few people saying that it wouldn't. I think it would really. I know if I was a player it would. Wherever he goes, I hope he does well, because out of all of this the dude has not said one bad word. He is a lot better then I am.

Think I'll wash the car during the game Sunday.:mad:

And for all the haters out there, it again goes a lot farther than Lavar Arrington!!!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm just really dissapointed in this organization. I said before that it would affect other free agents, but I was bomb out by a few people saying that it wouldn't. I think it would really. I know if I was a player it would. Wherever he goes, I hope he does well, because out of all of this the dude has not said one bad word. He is a lot better then I am.

Think I'll wash the car during the game Sunday.:mad:

And for all the haters out there, it again goes a lot farther than Lavar Arrington!!!

-------------------

I don't know where I am on the emotional richter at this point. At first I was mad as hell... Silly of me but I thought my Skins were above that type of behavior. I mean, benching LA??? I know I didn't have any reason to think different circa Art Monk, Doug Williams, B-Mitch, etc, BUT I guess I was hoping. You're right, he's better than I. Cuz if I'm going out I'm going out swingin'. Ah, but this is business. And why should he meltdown and destroy his trade value???

I'm sure he's going to ball-out wherever he ends up. Can't wait for the 1st game he plays against Washington. That will certainly be the most watched and anticipated game that weekend. Oh... But of course, we'll all be hoping he forgot the playbook and runs around the field like a bumbling idiot..

-------------------

I don't know where I am on the emotional richter at this point. At first I was mad as hell... Silly of me but I thought my Skins were above that type of behavior. I mean, benching LA??? I know I didn't have any reason to think different circa Art Monk, Doug Williams, B-Mitch, etc, BUT I guess I was hoping. You're right, he's better than I. Cuz if I'm going out I'm going out swingin'. Ah, but this is business. And why should he meltdown and destroy his trade value???

I'm sure he's going to ball-out wherever he ends up. Can't wait for the 1st game he plays against Washington. That will certainly be the most watched and anticipated game that weekend. Oh... But of course, we'll all be hoping he forgot the playbook and runs around the field like a bumbling idiot..

He won't, he will hurt someone!!!!

Let's just see what happens to Sean Taylor next year. Remember before he got in trouble he was going to try and get a new deal!!!! After his first year!!!!!!

The game just ain't the same no' mo'. Glad I'm still young enough to play myself. I take all of my Redskin frustration out on the dude on the other side of the line!!!

And you are right it is a business, like you have just said and I said they did the same thing to Art Monk, and others!!

Just tired of this mess. I might become a hockey fan or something.:mad:

i don't agree with you that gregg williams is a "mealy mouthed puke". he's the reason why our defense has been so good this year and last year. true, we gave up some big runs today, and i also wish lavar was there, but he must have reasons. hopefully he sees that lavar can make a big impact and put him back in there. it really disappoints me, because i believe that lavar is a great run stopper, and he would've made a bigger impact in this game. don't forget that on one of bell's td runs, it was holdman who missed a tackle. with lavar in there, i don't think that would've happened.

We're now #15 in the league against the run. So much for his defense that is "so good!" Lavar isn't going to hurt, and probably will help. Unfortunately, it is now apparent that this has NOTHING to do with the excuses they've been giving us.

This is either a personality conflict between GW and LA, or is Snyder telling them to bench LA. I tend toward the latter, since this is starting to remind me of the Coles deal where he told Lavernues that he'd "buy him a flat panel so he could watch the games at home."

Lavar's contract dispute was settled. The terms of the settlement: he gets paid if he makes two Pro Bowls during the course of his contract. It's tough to make the Pro Bowl sitting on the bench.

The defense recorded ZERO sacks and ZERO turnovers Sunday. Everybody on the roster played Sunday except Patrick Ramsey and maybe one or two other players. Don't talk to me about not fitting into a "scheme" or not using the "package" he's involved with. There's more to it than that, and it would not surprise me if Dan Snyder got word down that Lavar is persona non grata on this team.

I hope I'm wrong, and that he's soon back on the field wreaking havoc. But I'm tired of two things: 1. Being fed this line that somehow Lavar is all of a sudden a liability to this defense and can't grasp Gregg Williams' schemes, and 2. All the revisionist history of people denigrating Arrington's past play - "too undisciplined" , "1 good play for every 5 bad plays" ,etc.

It’s like I wrote in another thread. The fans that were not here during Gibbs first run had nothing to cheer about for many years. No Super Bowls, no playoff wins, only small individual victories, if you want to call them that. A player making the Pro Bowl, leading the team in interceptions or leading the conference in rushing—this is all they had to rally around. I’m just glad that these fans remained loyal because that was a tough stretch for a group of fans to go through but that is over now. Trust me. Trust Joe Gibbs. It’s finally over. So I guess in some way, I can understand this overwhelming support for Lavar over the coaching staff.

So screw the individual accolades, the Pro Bowl. You want a Bowl, you’ll get it—you’ll get a Super Bowl. This man hates losing more than anything. You can see it in his face. If he felt that Lavar Arrington could help the team then Lavar Arrington would be playing. It is that simple. John Riggins would have been Joe Gibbs first cuts had he not produced. John was not a prototypical Gibbs type player. He partied hard and he was an individualist, but when it came to practice and on Sundays, he laid it all out and so Joe put up with him and he will do the same for Lavar. He will fight for a player if he believes that he can help the team win, but if he feels otherwise, then that players ass is gone, Pro Bowl awards and all.

Your not the brightest bulb in the bunch, are you? Look, get this thru your thick scull, Lavar is not playing team defense. I'm sure Greg Williams would love to have him on the field but not at the expense of him going maverick on the field and then costing us a game. It takes all 11 men to do their assigned duties and when Lavar understands this, he's gonna be one hell of an impact player on this team. So please, stop your complaining about something that you have no idea of what the hell your talking about.

benevolent...

snice I have been around even longer than you:

1) Trust you? Why...pray tell? Cuz you're such a great guy?

2) Joe Gibbs is a great coach. He's also coaching in a different NFL from the one he originally conquered. He's smart. he knows this. That's why he brought in GW and Musgrave.

3) There is a correlation betwen winning and post season accolades. Happened during the first tenure...will happen again.

4) An organization cannot continually burn off its draft picks, especially high ones, and expect to amount to much over the long term. The Skins have been slitting their wrists in the area of personnel for far too long.

5) As we are seeing in NE, on defense, scheme can carry a team only so far. You ultimately have to have some great players or you become vulnerable.

6) How do you know Riggins laid it all out in practices? What of the stories about his arriving at some critical games severely hung-over/sick?

You need to make the case that this team is better off without Lavar. You haven't done that. The best one can argue at this point is that the defense improved last year without Lavar. As GW himself has said - that wasn't good enough to move beyond 6 wins. And it remains an open question whether it will be good enough to beat the top tier teams. We all hope it will be - but the jury is still out: we'll find out against strong passing teams.

You haven't made the case that Lavar can't help win other than the tedious and uninteresting assertion that Joe would use him if he could help the team win.

Holdman needs to go.

Even on that bootleg when he made the tackle he didn't even know PLummer had the ball until Plummer was surrounded by everyone else. Go watch the replay if you have it. He was looking the wrong way the whole time when everyone else knew Plummer had the ball. If that's not a missed assignment then I don't know what is. It's his job to protect that side.

And the TD run. Quote from the paper.

"He weaved past linebacker Warrick Holdman along the left sideline and into open field, racing into the end zone for the game's first score"

PLease man, Lavar is not that bad that he should sit on the bench the whole game.

I'm seriously tired of all the Warrick Holdman bashing blaming him for both TDs. He was to blame for neither.

On the first one Bell weaved past "DE Phillip Daniels" not Holdman. I've seen several people say Holdman was blocked by a WR or a FB on the play. He was blocked by the LT who made a very good block on the play. The play was missed by Daniels who went unblocked and still couldn't make the play.

I've also seen quite a few people try to blame Holdman on the 2nd one as well, saying he overran the play or was blocked by a WR. Go back and look again. Holdman was not even on the field. The LBs on the play were Marshall and Washington with Clemons lined up as DE. Go back and count the DBs in on the play and then please find me #57 anywhere on the field.

Holdman may not be the most dynamic player on the field but he is solid and I thought played his best game as a Skin on Sunday. I am all for Lavar seeing the field more but I have a seriously hard time believing that Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams have a personal agenda against him.

benevolent...

snice I have been around even longer than you:

1) Trust you? Why...pray tell? Cuz you're such a great guy?

2) Joe Gibbs is a great coach. He's also coaching in a different NFL from the one he originally conquered. He's smart. he knows this. That's why he brought in GW and Musgrave.

3) There is a correlation betwen winning and post season accolades. Happened during the first tenure...will happen again.

4) An organization cannot continually burn off its draft picks, especially high ones, and expect to amount to much over the long term. The Skins have been slitting their wrists in the area of personnel for far too long.

5) As we are seeing in NE, on defense, scheme can carry a team only so far. You ultimately have to have some great players or you become vulnerable.

6) How do you know Riggins laid it all out in practices? What of the stories about his arriving at some critical games severely hung-over/sick?

You need to make the case that this team is better off without Lavar. You haven't done that. The best one can argue at this point is that the defense improved last year without Lavar. As GW himself has said - that wasn't good enough to move beyond 6 wins. And it remains an open question whether it will be good enough to beat the top tier teams. We all hope it will be - but the jury is still out: we'll find out against strong passing teams.

You haven't made the case that Lavar can't help win other than the tedious and uninteresting assertion that Joe would use him if he could help the team win.

The only thing worse than your logic and your spelling is your manners. :D

Ahem, okay, number one; stop praying and stop worrying about what type of guy I am? I am married.

Now… I am not going to bother answering most of what you wrote, because, well... it didn't really say anything. Your attempt at constructing an argument was pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of common facts among a load of babbling was hardly an effective response, but oh yeah, I forgot… you’ve been here longer than me. :rolleyes: Sorry. You win.

The only part worth answering is number six “How do you know Riggins laid it all out in practices? What of the stories about his arriving at some critical games severely hung-over/sick?” It’s called the written word. A book. You can read, can’t you? It’s called Stadium Stories, by John Keim and it’s available at your local Border’s Book store. Chapter 6, I believe, but I can check later if you really want to know. I just finished reading it last night. So maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, and spell, you will have more success with your arguments. Until then, I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.

Archived