Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next all things Lavar -- post-Denver (MERGED)

Dan T.

On both of Tatum Bell's TD plays we had a man get into the backfield in position to make the tackle. Bell simply made good moves to get by the tackler. The wet conditions did the rest as nobody in the backfield could get to him in time. Kudos to Tatum Bell for getting 2 TDs on a great defense. This will NOT happen again. :)

Funny.....not...

We lost the game because we could not penetrate their line. We lost the games for many more reasons including BS officiating and things we did, but on those two plays I mentioned Lavar would have given us a better angle at the Runner. Where was our MIKE??????? He was nowhere in sight!!!

Joke with that.

Ahhh, nice to know we have a seer in our midst. It's the only explanation I can think of that would let you know that Lavar would have taken a better angle.

Also don't know if you noticed or not but there were players in the backfield on both of them.

Lavar would have given us a better angle at the runner???? OK. He's always been known to break down and take proper angles.

Listen, I can't win this argument because you'll just keep saying that Lavar would have made those plays...that's great. But I think he'd be in there if our staff had confidence that he could make those types of plays.

I not going to argue either because I know you get my point. Lavar he has made those plays in the past can we agree on that?

Holdman needs to go.

Even on that bootleg when he made the tackle he didn't even know PLummer had the ball until Plummer was surrounded by everyone else. Go watch the replay if you have it. He was looking the wrong way the whole time when everyone else knew Plummer had the ball. If that's not a missed assignment then I don't know what is. It's his job to protect that side.

And the TD run. Quote from the paper.

"He weaved past linebacker Warrick Holdman along the left sideline and into open field, racing into the end zone for the game's first score"

PLease man, Lavar is not that bad that he should sit on the bench the whole game.

Ahhh, nice to know we have a seer in our midst. It's the only explanation I can think of that would let you know that Lavar would have taken a better angle.

Also don't know if you noticed or not but there were players in the backfield on both of them.

I guess I am even though its after the fact. :rolleyes:

History has a chance of repeating itself. Meaning I have seen Lavar make those plays before and I will ask you where was the MIKE LB????

.....but they didnt and were on the field. But where were they? Lavar was accounted for.

Right...I get that our defense missed those plays...but your argument seems to imply that Lavar never missed tackles or was out of position...he has done that just as much, if not more, than the next guy.

Again, I cannot tell you what would have happened if Lavar was in on those two Bell runs...no one can.

We are not haters we just understand that Lavar on the sidelines is the lesser of two evils. On the field I bet he would have overplayed the run on just as many plays as he blew up, which would either cancel each other out or end up costing us more points.....like coach Williams said show me in Practice!

Lesser of two evils? Are you on crack? the defense IS BETTER WITH LAVAR period. All the discussions are a moot point. Offensive Coordinators are figuring out GW's smoke and mirror routine, just like Defensive Coordinators figured out Spurrier's Pitch and Catch. The bottom line is this. GW Sucked in Buffalo and he SUCKS here, it just took a season to figure him out because he came from the AFC to the NFC, enjoy the 3-0 because we are going to lose like 4 straight and you all will see when the season is over and we miss the payoffs YET AGAIN LaVar will play, will force fumbles and interceptions and all that and GW will say it was him learning the system. All you fans that trust Gibbs and Williams, GET A FRICKIN GRIP! Gibbs left the skins after the 91 SB in shambles and GW hasn't won nothing so you all trust coaches based on past reputations and sorry I trust LaVar more than GW and Gibbs especially if Gibbs doesn't stop this BORING CONSERVATIVE CRAP! Gibbs needs the mindset of a MIKE MARTZ. GW LOVES TO BLITZ that is LaVar's specialty so why isn't LA in??? RIDDLE ME THAT! No GW the GENIOUS would rather blitz a CB than a 255LBS LB with 4.4 speed yeah that makes sense!! You all Coach Lovers need to think outside the box! and not continue to smoke from GIBBS and GW jock strap!

I mean the reason Lavar isn't in is because he gives up big plays right?

So was he in on those two runs?

If he wasn't then we have a problem.

If we're giving up big plays anyway we may as well put Lavar in and at least try to make some plays of our own.

Warrick Holdman is the worst player on our defense. Worse than Ade Jimoh.

Holdman mad some tackles yesterday and Jimoh played his heart out.....so with due respect, quit talking crap about the players who are out on the field and not whining about his contract and ****ing about not playing and chance he addresses the media.

I like Lavar and would like to see him out there. He is a playmaker

However,

Gregg Williams has had the #3 D last year and the #5 D this year.

Tackles were missed on 2 plays in wet, cold conditions.

If Coach says Lavar is not ready (despite I think his days are probably over in DC) then I'll give him some slack.

Everybody complaining about Lavar, yet we played pretty well with backup corners and safteys yesterday.....nobody wants to discuss that.

Right...I get that our defense missed those plays...but your argument seems to imply that Lavar never missed tackles or was out of position...he has done that just as much, if not more, than the next guy.

Again, I cannot tell you what would have happened if Lavar was in on those two Bell runs...no one can.

OKAY 'INMO' Lavar would have made those plays. :doh:

Warrick Holdman is the worst player on our defense. Worse than Ade Jimoh.

Stop with that crazy talk. Jimoh is a HUGE liability on defense and is ONLY on the field because Harris was out so they needed a nickle corner....and then he got to play corner full-time because of Springs injury during the game. He is only on the field because of multiple injuries...and he is HORRIBLE!

The facts that we have one of the best linebackers in the NFL sitting on the sideline... healthy... is a travesty. We should never stop talking about it until Gibbs gets his head out of his ass...

Get real...if he was one of the best LB's in the NFL he would be playing. Do you think this is just a big conspiricay against Lavar??....puhleeeze! He is a great athlete that can't play within a defensive scheme. This defense; because of a lack of true passing rushing def. end relies heavily on players to STICK TO THEIR ASSIGNMENTS...something that Lavar hasn't been able to do since he came into the league. Do I need to remind you of the OT loss to the Giants a couple years ago..."freelance Arrington" decided he could make a sack instead of covering the FB Finn out of the backfield. Arrington didn't get there in time and Finn got a big play that put them in field goal position. Everyone has to stop thinking they are smarter than the coaches...get over it, Arrington will play when the Coaches feel he is ready to play...move on!!

Guest Gichin13
Let's not get stupid now.

Yeah, they gave up a couple of big runs. Based on simply odds and probablility it was bound to happen some time.

Jimook is a liability on defense. Always has been. He's a TD waiting to happen. In fact, if I saw him on the field, I'd immediately go after him, much like the Broncos did.. and scored.

~Bang

The more interesting thing is that after that score, Ade had multiple good plays. He hammered Plummer on the should-have-been-a-safety play, he crushed someone on a good third down stick, and he had pretty good coverage the rest of the way.

I was disapointed we didn't make any progress with Arrington. He didn't even play a snap yesterday did he? :(

I think the coaches have their reasons for not playing him, but at the sametime I hope we're working on getting him up to speed. I'd be nice to see him contribute again. Get the guy a tutor or something.

Where are all the GW doesn't make mistakes and is god people now????? 2 huge runs for td's!!! HE IS A HUMAN WITH AN EGO and it has cost us. Get Lavar in the game. It's our team not theirs. We will be here in 40 years and have been here for the past 68 it's OUR team. Play OUR best players or get out of town. We are tired of hearing about packages and nonsense and watching the opposition run for long scores and drive for long drives. If we held the opposition to 10 points every game fine, but WE DON'T.

WHO WAS OUT OF POSITION WHEN THEY GASHED US????? It wasn't "freelancing" Lavar. This freelancing BS is media ignorant speak and 56 on the bench is GW ego that he can win with journey men because of his schemes and brilliance. Like Joe says you win with players so get the best ones in the game before you ruin OUR teams chances. Does everyone understand how far in the lead of the EAST and the nfc we would be had we won. MORAL VICTORIES ARE FOR LOSERS!!!

Since Gregg Williams makes the tackles right? :rolleyes:

What good is a defense if everyone is in position and they still make a 54 yard TD run?

If Williams is as good of a DC as we seem to think he is, he should be able to come up with a scheme to feature LaVar. Unless LaVar is not in shape to play, there is no reason he should be on the bench. Too much talent there.

There is precedent for that...in DC....with two of our legendary coaches.

Allen and Gibbs.

Allen used Riggins as a blocking back and had winning teams.

Gibbs featured Riggins as a running back and won a Super Bowl.

:logo:

Archived