Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

actual predictions

broncobill

Guest skin by grace
Denver will take advantage of the home field to jump on top for a 10-0 first quarter lead, but the Redskins will inexplicably explode for 35 unanswered points in the second quarter -- behind a seasoned QB on a rollercoaster rider as sub, starter, backup, savior -- to blow the game open and will coast to a 42-10 victory over the thoroughly demoralized Donkeys. The Redskins' young starting RB will run for a record 296 yards, while their star receiver will haul in a record 275 yards worth of catches. "I feel very humble," Redskins Coach Joe Gibbs will say. "Thank God I have a chance to work in an organization like this. Thank God I have a chance to be a part of this."

that almost brought a tear to my eye :cry:

Denver will take advantage of the home field to jump on top for a 10-0 first quarter lead, but the Redskins will inexplicably explode for 35 unanswered points in the second quarter -- behind a seasoned QB on a rollercoaster rider as sub, starter, backup, savior -- to blow the game open and will coast to a 42-10 victory over the thoroughly demoralized Donkeys. The Redskins' young starting RB will run for a record 296 yards, while their star receiver will haul in a record 275 yards worth of catches. "I feel very humble," Redskins Coach Joe Gibbs will say. "Thank God I have a chance to work in an organization like this. Thank God I have a chance to be a part of this."

Great Post :laugh:

Denver managed to score 20 points against an excellent Jacksonville D so we will have to score some points to win this one.

I would favor Denver by maybe 6 points. I think we will need a defensive or special teams TD to sneak down the mountain with another W.

Smartest poster on this board!

Unbiased and realistic!

I agree 110%, except that the score is gonna be by at least two scores: 10+ points.

We scored 20 points on this Jags in Jax.

Are you up to the task???

I hope so, or it will be a laugher by halftime.

Yeah... I think the 'Skins will have to watch film day & night to prepare for the onslaught of the league's 19th-ranked Offense... :jerk: :broncosuc

Question for Denver fans, do you think 13 points is enough to beat the 'Skins?

I think 6 points will do the job, but odds are they will score between 20-30 points just to make sure we don't get bored watching the game.:D

Look, all you Bronco turds think that your steaming pile that is an offenSe is going to run and pas and score on our D. No one except for 3 teams have been able to even score 21 points on us. I'll tell you right now you guys are sleeping on our offenSe. Brunell is gonna show Jake how to QB and we are finally gonna be back.

35 - 3 Portis 150 yds 1 TD. Brunell 300yds - 2 TD- 0 INT

Anderson & Company- 75 yds

Plummer 150yds - 0 TD - 3 INT.

BroncoBill-

I certainly think that Washington should be considered the underdog next sunday, but I do NOT see this game as even close to unwinnable. I am also trying hard to avoid the throes of 3-0 euphoria, so take it for what you will.

Redskins 24, Broncos 18.

We just don't allow teams to run. Or pass.

This is a tough game for Washington. Denver has nice size on the defensive front mixed with nice speed at backer. They present a challenge similar to Chicago. We can run, but, it will require sticking with it and we can only stick with it if we aren't behind. Denver's offense is well designed and will utilize many of the things Seattle did so well last week against us.

Seattle has better personnel on offense, so, this is fortunate. Plummer is a hot and cold QB. If he's hot there's little we can do. But, he's generally not hot. He's generally capable only if Denver can run and control the ball and keep him from having to throw a ton. Mark Brunell has historically been a superior player. Brunell is playing BETTER than Plummer so far this year to the point that when FORCED to do something to help us win, he has. This is something Plummer struggles with.

We're facing a tough road game against a good team. We can win if we stop their running game and force Plummer to win it. We need to get a couple of bodies a little more healthy to pull it off. Having played the preseason against strong defensive teams -- save Cincy -- and the regular season against good defensive teams is helping our offense improve, but is also limiting the improvement because the teams we face are so tough.

I think this is a very tough game for us to pull out. But, the pride we have on defense is such that I think it will rise up and really slam the Broncos offense giving us enough to win. The law of averages dictates we will likely generate turnovers here and come out ahead of that column for the first time.

If so, we will win 13-10.

Brunell is playing BETTER than Plummer so far this year to the point that when FORCED to do something to help us win, he has. This is something Plummer struggles with.

We're facing a tough road game against a good team. We can win if we stop their running game and force Plummer to win it. We need to get a couple of bodies a little more healthy to pull it off. Having played the preseason against strong defensive teams -- save Cincy -- and the regular season against good defensive teams is helping our offense improve, but is also limiting the improvement because the teams we face are so tough.

Great analysis, great post. Tough game, but I still say it comes down to one thing and one thing only. Plummer will not make good decisions when he has to to win this game. Gregg Williams will not make it easy, and our defense will not let us fall so far behind that Plummer can be on autopilot.

Art's examination is great.

When Denver's running game is stuffed, Plummer historically has problems leading his team in the air. Hopefully our D is up to the task (as I suspect it very much is), and the consistency that our offense began to show is helping me to think we are now a legitimate contender in this tough road game.

I think Denver will win by 10pts or so.

Im thinking 20-10.

However if I were a Bronco fan I wouldnt be starting threads & gloating a week before the game...thats classless. If you want to start an objective thread thats one thing but if you want to "troll" or fire everyone up on purpose then just say so. There is a fine line between being a "troll" and a respectful opposing fan.

Honestly Im worried about how we will fare vs. the 45 bootlegs and the 38 playaction pass plays (which some are bootlegs). The boot leg seems to either work w/great success (see KC week 3) or fails (see MIA week 1).

Regardless our D hasnt seen the bootleg barrage since the GB game last year or perhaps moreso during the Tampa Bay game.

Im worried sick about the bootleg and it keeping our D off balance....blitzing will disrupt it and hopefully GW will scheme good enough to beat it.

I think 6 points will do the job, but odds are they will score between 20-30 points just to make sure we don't get bored watching the game.:D

The Skins D hasn't let a team score 30 in atleast 19 games. Keep dreaming. You know, every year its the same thing with the Broncos. They "have a tough D and can run" but somehow ALWAYS miss the playoffs (or get embarassed in the 1st round...face it Shanahan sucks without Elway....keep praying that jake Plummer ends up more than just the joke he is... your team is as good as its ever gonna get.... which doesn't say much. See ya Sunday.....

Archived